1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Football "Rate My Draft" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonnyMost, Aug 19, 2014.

1. mug

mug Member

For Team A, I could be in the playoff race if Jimmy Graham/D. Thomas/Aaron Rodgers preform like they're supposed to and then have a monster team ready for the playoffs when/if Josh Gordon comes back. I'd rather play risky and go big vs playing it safe with lesser players.

For Team B, thanks for the trade advice, I'm trying to work something now.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Team A:

Aaron Rodgers (3)
    Alfred Morris (4), Ray Rice (6), Ryan Mathews (7), C. Hyde (11), T. West (12)
    Demaryius Thomas (1), Michael Floyd (5), Kendall Wright (8), Brandon Cooks (9), Josh Gordon (10), C. Shorts (13)
    Jimmy Graham (2)
    Tampa Bay (15)

Look at it this way. I wouldn't be surprised if you lost week 4 (Thomas/Floyd Bye), week 6 (Graham's Bye), week 9 (Wright/Rodgers' Bye), and week 10 (Morris/Mathews' Bye). There's 4 potential losses.

Week 2, the Broncos play the Chiefs while the Chargers play the Seahawks. You'll be starting Demaryius Thomas and Ryan Mathews. You could lose that game.

Week 7, the Broncos (Thomas) play the 49ers while the Packers (Rodgers) play the Panthers.

Week 9, the Saints (Graham) play the Panthers while the Broncos (Thomas) play the Patriots.

Week 11, the Broncos (Thomas) play the Rams while the Saints (Graham) play the Bengals.

Week 13, the Packers (Rodgers) play the Patriots while the Broncos (Thomas) play the Chiefs.

Week 14, the Saints (Graham) play the Panthers while the Redskins (Morris) play the Rams.

and on top of all that, you'll be streaming defenses which puts you at a disadvantage against teams with strong defenses.

9 wins will get you into the playoffs. Maybe 8 if you're lucky. But even if you only need an 8-6 record, I don't like your chances. You're severely underestimating the importance of depth, not only for playing purposes, but also as trade bait.

3. Kamaqazi21

Kamaqazi21 Member

ESPN League, 10 teams, Standard Scoring, Standard positions (flex only rb/wr), Drafting 10th

Demaryius Thomas
    Dez Bryant
    Alfred Morris
    Andre Ellington
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Rashad Jennings
    Cordarrelle Patterson
    Lamar Miller
    Dennis Pitta
    Ruben Randle
    Jordan Reed
    Bengals D
    St. Louis D
    Steven Hauschka

4. Kamaqazi21

Kamaqazi21 Member

Forgot my Qbs!

Matt Stafford and Phillip Rivers

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I could use some help from some of yall because I have only played for 3 years or so.

I am in a league that has 2 brackets of 11 teams each and the draft is a snake draft. I actually drew the #1 pick today. Each 11 team bracket draft uses its own 2014 roster so I guess in the championship game you could have Peyton vs. Peyton. Like I said I haven't played quite this way before.

So as I understand it I pick 1, and then 23 and 24? I couldn't find a chart for an 11 team league and I found a couple differing definitions of the snake draft.

Anyway....

Who would you take #1.... leaning towards McCoy.

6. what

what Member

I've been meaning to post this, but one of my strategies going into my draft this year will be to load up on rbs and not so much on wrs.

Think of it this way, the hardest position to field took productive players, is always at rb, the easiest is probably wr: every year you can find great wr options on the waiver wire, therefore you'd only draft wrs that are sure #1s or #2s and let the rest go, in my strategy

You took 5 wrs, I would have taken 3. Dez, Justin Hunter and either eldeman or wallace.

Also, I taking green, in my option, was a luxury that you didn't need. Also, since you took kc and the kicker next to last and last, i would have just not drafted a kicker or a defense and used those spots to draft rbs as well.

You could have had 5 more rbs on the team (guys like Kirey Robinson, bishop stanky, mark ingram, etc.)

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah I almost said F the kicker, but if Gordon gets anything more than 8 games I'm dropping him. Also thinking about dropping Green for Charles Clay. Gronk is questionable for Week 1 and somebody cut Clay already.

8. what

what Member

Also, Moe, I'm thinking about going all in on jake locker. I mean, the guy has EVERYTHING you could possibly want in a breakout season. The titans probably have the top offensive line (with depth), they have Ken "the offensive wizard" whisenhunt, they have 2 breakout wideouts in Kendall Wright and Hunter, a top 5 blocking te in Delany Walker, the top rb in this year's draft.

If Locker can't succeed with this group he never will.

9. Asian Sensation

Nice team. Looks like you got great value in rounds 5 and beyond. I'd dangle Davis and Gerhardt for Gronk or Davis and Murray or Gio for Graham and then pick up a kicker.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I didn't want to start a new thread.

But does anyone know of a site that compiles or shows all the players if they are 1st string running back/2nd string/running back by committee. And#1 wideout/#2???

Or do I just have to do my own research ?

11. Asian Sensation

Do your own research. U can find a top 100 ranking which will list the usual suspects and have all the teams top 1 or 2 players at skills positions. But the key is to find 3rd WR's or which aren't as obvious as teams 1st and 2's. As far as RB's you should know who the starting RB for each team is. If not its not hard to find out. The key here is to determine distribution (touches) and opportunity. This requires more "research". The hard part is nobody really knows for sure who the deeper sleepers are.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rotoworld has all that info.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Thanks guys.

I played for the first time last season and actually won. Albeit I barely made the playoffs in 4th place. But then won the playoff games.

I had drafted Trent Richardson in the 1st round, and dropped him 1/2 through the season. And then had Randal Cobb and Jermichael Finley both get hurt but somehow still came through.

Anyways my thinking is in a 10 team league I need stability and consistency and I should lean starter if possible more then upside in the middle rounds.

I'm also most likely going receiver the first 2 picks and not picking a qb or te until the late rounds and picking Seattle defense hopefully pretty early.

Those are my strategies haha

14. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

12 team

QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, D, K Non PPR

10 Arian Foster, Hou RB
    15 Calvin Johnson, Det WR
    34 Julius Thomas, Den TE
    39 Alshon Jeffery, Chi WR
    58 Andre Ellington, Ari RB
    63 Robert Griffin III, Wsh QB
    82 T.Y. Hilton, Ind WR
    87 Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
    106 Mike Wallace, Mia WR
    111 DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
    130 Mike Evans, TB WR
    135 Mark Ingram, NO RB
    154 Bengals D/ST D/ST
    159 Justin Tucker, Bal K
    178 Joe Flacco, Bal QB
    183 Coby Fleener, Ind TE
    202 Kelvin Benjamin, Car WR
    207 Nate Washington, Ten WR

I then dropped Washington for Streater. What do you think?

15. what

what Member

I don't like any of your qb. Also taking Arian Foster 10th overall is insane. Deangelo over jstew is a mistake, you got the wrong rb. You took a kicker and defense WAY TOO early. And taking a flyer on a pather wr is NOT smart since cam doesn't use his receivers properly, if at all.

There is not much I like about this draft. If I were you, I'd try to pick up Jake Locker and drop Kelvin Benjermin or something. He'll be a better qb this year than anybody you have on the roster currently.

16. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

There was a run on QB's before my pick. All 3 of Rodgers, Brees and Manning were gone. Couldn't talk myself into taking any other high. Definitely a risk with Foster, using him as trade bait right now. I disagree on Williams and Stewart though, what makes you think that?

Benjamin is the #1 WR in Carolina, you can definitely do worse than that as a backup. Locker is gone, and too many things have to go right for him to surpass Ben and RG3. Respectfully disagree there.

17. what

what Member

The titans might have (probably will have) a top 5 offense in the league this year.

They have the #1 offensive line in the league and it ain't close, they have 2 wrs that are breakout stars in Kendall Wright and Justin Hunter, and they have a trio of backs that can do damage: shonne green, dexter mccluster and bishop stanky.

There is no way, in my mind, that locker fails this year barring injury, and he will be better than rgIII, flacco and ben, no doubt about that.

18. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Top 5? LOL...I forgot who I was talking to. You're obviously biased towards the Titans. You may be right, but I seriously doubt it.

19. what

what Member

I forgot the most important part of this is: Ken Whisenhunt. He took San Diego from a bottom 5 offense to a top 5 offense last year, and he did similar things in Arizona.

I mean, yeah, it might be somewhat of a stretch to say it this way, but the titans have been building an offensive team for the last 4 years. They are due for a breakout year.

And remember this too, Ken Whisenhunt choose to sign with the titans when he had offers from other teams, so obviously he liked what he say.

People that are ranking the titans 30th best team this year or worse obviously have no clue as to how good the titans actually are.

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

12 team league, all TD's are 6 pts. Pretty standard performance scoring.

Turd Furgeson

1. (7) Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
    2. (14) Montee Ball (Den - RB)
    3. (27) Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
    4. (34) Reggie Bush (Det - RB)
    5. (47) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
    6. (54) Ben Tate (Cle - RB)
    7. (67) Lamar Miller (Mia - RB)
    8. (74) Michael Floyd (Ari - WR)
    9. (87) Jordan Reed (Was - TE)
    10. (94) Stevan Ridley (NE - RB)
    11. (107) DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR)
    12. (114) Denver (Den - DEF)
    13. (127) Martellus Bennett (Chi - TE)
    14. (134) Dwayne Bowe (KC - WR)
    15. (147) Nick Novak (SD - K)
    16. (154) Markus Wheaton (Pit - WR)

I'm not thrilled with the outcome, considering this is a work league I'm in and I saw someone draft a kicker in the 8th round, and Manziel in the 9th. Hopefully my depth carries me.