1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014 FIBA World Cup]Other countries with NBA players thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Beavis Stiffler, Aug 30, 2014.

1. traveler

traveler Member

lol

I plan on catching the bolded ones myself if able. I almost feel bad for Mexico. The Brazil and Argentina looks like a good one too.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ Yup. Madrid seems to have gotten the better games!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>RT <a href="https://twitter.com/sportando">@sportando</a>:2014 FIBA World Cup Round of 16 (Madrid Side):
    Greece-Serbia
    Brazil-Argentina
    Croatia-France
    Spain-Senegal</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/507647869848154112">September 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Yeah they want Spain to coast until they meet the U.S. Hype it up big time. Then we destroy them.

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

sad Omer versus crazy Baynes... this is going to be a nice crazy centre fouling with poor free throw shooting centre match-up

also is Baynes a FA?

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

its funny the aussie did some nice resting starters and perhaps opening the door to losing to Angola and then got themselves 3rd, to avoid the US in the quarters, however now i'm not sure they can beat turkey......really hope they do

if they had one and Lithuania had still one, that would have been a 3 way tie, presume it goes on spreads....

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Aussies had to guarantee they would win by a big enough margin, and that Lithuania then wouldn't tank.

Easier to tank vs Angola to avoid the US. The Aussies should handle Turkey, then they rematch Lithuania (already beat them comfortably), then lose to US in the semi final.

7. shastarocket

Baynes is a FA. He is holding out for a better deal than what the Spurs are offering him. Be that in the NBA or elsewhere. His play so far has told me that he definitely deserves (at least) a nice $2-3mill/yr deal. Very shrewd of his agent to avoid committing to anything until after the tournament.

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Thank you Brother!

Tomorrow I try to sleep in...hard to do with 4 kids, but tomorrow I try to sleep in!!!

9. shastarocket

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/FRABasketball">@FRAbasketball</a> v Croatia!

What is your prediction for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FRAvCRO?src=hash">#FRAvCRO</a> (18:00 GMT+2, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Spain2014?src=hash">#Spain2014</a> Round of 16)? <a href="http://t.co/QowJkpTovh">pic.twitter.com/QowJkpTovh</a></p>&mdash; FIBA (@FIBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/FIBA/status/508177816559812609">September 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think France takes it. Batum will be too much for Bogdanovic

10. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Agree. France also has experience.

11. roksoer

roksoer Member

Lol, as opposed to what? The inexperience of Croatia?

12. roksoer

roksoer Member

Just because France won the Eurocup doesn't somehow make them experienced.
    The only experience they have is playing off of Tony Parker whom they don't have this year. The only other guy I'd call experienced is Boris Diaw, otherwise Croatia is more experienced.

13. shastarocket

Bogdanovic is very impressive (offensively). He has a strong core and highly release point, should translate very well to the NBA. He'll definitely help Brooklyn forget about Pierce.

Glad this game is competitive. I shouldn't have underestimated Croatia's pride and experience.

14. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Sure you are right.

15. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Garcia already starting hot again

16. shastarocket

Dominicans were just described as playing calm but confident - Cisco anyone? Slovenians need SOMETHING from the Dragic brothers.

17. shastarocket

I don't remember much about Zoran from the last we heard of him, but the fact that he has an impact on this game is enough to convince me that he has come a long way.

Dominicans should be much better in the 2nd half once Cisco finally comes back in

18. FaBo

FaBo Member

Why wasn't Cisco playing in the 2nd quarter? Is there an injury I'm not aware of?

19. shastarocket

He picked up two very quick fouls (within the first 2 min) and the rest of the team rose up to the challenge. He'll most certainly be back int he 2nd half