1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u1OMX1ai01E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. smr6

smr6 Member

That was painful to listen to.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

worldwide leader in sports...

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

uhhhh.....

this is what happens when a network uses 80% of its resources on football!

lol they should just leave the soccer to the ESPN FC people like they do with Barry Melrose and hockey... not that they are great but they at least know what La Liga is!

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It is always hilarious to hear an ESPN anchor butcher a soccer name.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The blatant disregard and ignorance regarding European football (soccer) amongst sports media in general in the US is pitiful. Houston talk shows esp the morning show is even worse. They were trying to talk about the WC2014 a few days back and it was all FAIL.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You know how sports radio is. The audience dictates the narrative.

NFL. NFL. NFL. College Football. NFL. NFL. NFL. Astros. NFL. NFL. College Football. College Football. NFL. NFL. NFL. College Football. NFL. NFL. Rockets. NFL. NFL. NFL. NFL. College Football. NFL. NFL.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

she should have just stopped and said, "Boom goes the Dynamite."

9. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I don't listen all the time but I have not heard Astros talk in years outside of forced interviews

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Did the anchor get a seizure mid report?

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

George Springer is the next Babe Ruth I hear

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Puyol is now assistant sporting director at Barcelona.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

They usually do, that's why they have Max Bretos anchor SC on Saturday nights. Sometimes it's not possible though. Other arrangements happen(vacay, etc).

ESPN have come a long way, even just within the past 5 years. They have a VERY Soccer friendly boss running things up in Bristol. That's why you will usually see Soccer highlights make the top 10 plays list as well as Soccer highlights from leagues shown on other networks. The boss, John Skipper, is definitely trying to make sure Soccer gets more love on his network, even though they lost out on EPL and La Liga rights as well as UCL.

Give them some credit(even though some of their anchors still make dumb, dumb, dumb mistakes with Soccer reports on SportsCenter).

14. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Awesome!!

David Villa to join New York FC.. Will be training with Man City till February. Xavi might follow his foot steps.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bayern signing Ezequiel Garay(Benfica, CB) for 15mil, apparently.
    Haven't seen too many games with him, but looks like a defender with great technique and a modern passing game. Great experience with all the EL games for Benfica, would be a great addition for only 15mil, especially when ManU and other clubs wanted him.

16. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

No comments on Rakitić to Barcelona? I'm delighted for him, he deserved it. Guess Fabregas is as good as gone and Xavi might be relegated to the bench.

Liverpool signed Emre Can from Leverkusen a week ago. Great signing, a badly neded defensive midfielder. I'm curious why Bayern didn't exercise their buy-back option.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Maybe Bayern know something about Can that the good guys don't. I hope he turns into a superstar, then that'll take Real's eyes off of Suarez. Then we'll sell Can instead for 100 mil. Great Success!

18. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Was waiting for it to be official! Great signing IMHO.. we'll see what happens with Cesc, I"m actually hoping he stays.

19. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Offcial Cesc to Chelsea.

20. SexyButIgnorant

So Barca lets Cesc go and replaces him with Rakitic. Should be interesting, Cesc was never a good fit for some reason anyway. Love Rakitics game. Hopefully it translates well.

Also, Claudio Bravo is almost certain to be signed as Ter Stegens back up at Barca. As a Chilean, I'm excited that yet another Chilean gets a chance there, but I don't want Bravo to be a backup. Whatever, I guess at 31 you go with the financial choice.