1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I want Liverpool to break the bank for Cech and Reus,but realistically I don't see that happening.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

International breaks are so depressing. But at least it's a break from all the heartbreak of watching an LFC game now.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

ATW can at least back his status up, guess you haven't followed his posts over the years. He IS close to the organization and players.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I was wrong about Sami going to London...but so was he ;).

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even if he were to be the brother of Marco Reus, he can only speculate where he is going.
    This business is fickle.

Same is with the Rockets, when someone is close to the organization and he breaks the news, there is still a probability it won't happen and that person is going to be flamed.

Speculation is a cruel business

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Marco doesn't have a brother.

7. Raz

Raz Member

I'm pretty sure, Bayern will dismiss Shaqiri (egoistic on the field, b****ing around in interviews) sooner or later, so there might be a spot for Reus.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I want Shaqiri gone so bad...given chances by Pep again and again and still plays like sh**, then goes to the media and b..ches about not getting enough playing time and respect. This guy always makes the wrong decision on the pitch and seems to have the iq of a banana, please sell him to a club stupid enough to pay.

9. Raz

Raz Member

Agree. I was a strong supporter the last two years, but he has shown no development since joining. I guess Shaqiri himself is a quite nice guy, but his brother, who is also his agent, has a bad influence on him. In most cases it's quite negative to be representated by family. But anyways, some english team will pay good money and take that problem away.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The brother is also nice enough in person; they are not very smart about how they make their case, though.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

So... no to Shaqiri to LFC? Maybe what he needs is a new scenery and a different system. He did pretty well in the WC.

12. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I'm not familiar with his claims. Regardless even if he is friends with some players that doesn't mean he knows about the future decisions of his "friends" life. Then to claim you know what a friends friend is going to do is pushing it even further. Not sure how old you are, but the dynamics of relationships are not quite that simple.... Given that theses players are in the public eye and everyone wants to hear gossip about them makes it all the more less likely... Also, most importantly this is the internetz anyone can claim a bunch of crap, 99% of claims are bs.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Marco Reus will not join Manchester City. That's all I am saying.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What are his chances that he is staying with BVB for instance? They need him

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

Didn't Reus turn down Bayern to go to Dortmund in first place?

He's like Dortmund's long lost prodigal son. Never had an impression that he would go to Bayern.

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Wow the dutch national team is playing terrible... but we will qualify.

Van persie is just terrible. Please play huntelaar.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He joined Dortmund because they were willing to add a low buyout-clause to his contract.

Many think he knew he'd not have enough playing time at Bayern because of Ribery and Robben and saw Dortmund as an opportunity to grow for a few years and then use the buyout clause to join a top club.

Fast forward a few years, Reus established himself as an elite player, we need a successor for Ribery aaand his super-buddy Götze is already playing for us. :cool:

18. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Sure about that? It's not looking that promising right now. Turkey will be difficult as well...

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Ofcourse. :). You know me I am always optimistic.

Good huntelaar is in the game.

20. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

All we can hope for now is that Latvia keeps Turkey to 1-1 so we can keep the 3rd spot in the group... Ouch.