1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Mangala has been the rumor for a while, but supposedly he prefers Chelsea even though he wouldn't have a chance to play regularly. I would fancy Garay from Benfica. He's older but has a lot of experience.

2. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I hope not as this will diminish the chances of Man U. taking Fabregas.. I want him gone. He's a great player but he's style doesn't really match well with Barca.

3. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I say go for someone that people around you don't root for. I'm relatively new to the game, became a fan after the last World Cup. Started playing Fifa with friends and quickly latched onto Chelsea. Absolutely loved Drogba. Everyone I knew was either a Barca, Real or Man U fan. Nice to not be a part of the crowd.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Pretty much what happened to me. I also loved using Drogba on the FIFA games. Except when I started watching Premier League I became a City fan because Man U can suck it.

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Arsenal still have a fixed price buy-back clause on Fabregas, and right of first refusal on any sale. If they decline, they get 50% of profits. In other words, the only way Fabregas ends up at United (or any other club) is if Arsene Wenger says he doesn't want him back.

6. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

It killed me to see he wasn't brought back to Chelsea. In the short time that I've been a fan though, he had quite the dramatic sendoff in the CL. Very fortunate for that.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The Kroos deal would apparently be around 25mil€, I hate that Bayern sells all their guys for peanuts. Name him Antonio Krooserinho, let him play for a BPL or La Liga team and the transfer sum would be 45mil+. Same with guys like Gomez and soon Mandzukic.

We have some of the best and accomplished players in the world and they are selling for half the price of International guys that played one good season. Hell, every less than 20yr old youngster with a tad of potential is valued at the same price or more in other leagues. Bundesliga really fails at setting the right price tags for its players.

8. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

The problem with Kroos is that he's in the last year of his contract. Bayern have come out and said that they are unwilling to raise their off for a contract extension, so Bayern either sell him for less than he's worth or loses him for nothing after next season. Unless Kroos decides to take less to stay at Bayern, which seems unlikely at this point.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Not just talking about Kroos, it always happens that way in our league. The transfer sums are a joke. .

10. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Forgot about this buy back clause.. I remember Arsenal could buy back the player for 29 Million Euros but I don't remember anything about Arsenal getting half the profits in case they didn't buy him back??:eek::eek:
    Pretty sweet deal for Arsenal if true.

Marketing brah!! Bundesliga has never been good at this..

11. smr6

smr6 Member

van Gaal calling off the Kroos deal?

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ster-united-interest-toni-kroos-bayern-munich

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Van Gaal doesn't want Kroos now and Toni today said that ManU is not an option right now and he will likely stay with Bayern for the duration of his contract.

If Fabregas is being shopped by Barca he'd be the perfect option for Bayern imo, we lack a midfielder with his qualities. Sell Kroos or bench him, buy Fabregas->happy Tizzle

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

We'll trade you Joe Allen + picks for Kroos, breh.

14. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

David Luiz to PSG

15. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

62 million!!

16. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Lol Way too much

David luiz is the Javale McGee of soccer,talented but low IQ

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Those Scheichs are destroying the market, it's disgusting. He was close to signing with Bayern or Barca and they buy him for 2x the money everyone else would have spent. In these cases it's impossible for clubs without a billionaire owner to get their hands on a player they want.

Read an interview with the Man City front office guy and he basically said they will just pay the 60mil FFP punishment without changing their transfer philosophy or anything else. PSGand City are mocking the system, UEFA has to come down with the hammer and ban them from international tournaments, a money fine won't do sh**

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Consider me relieved.

19. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Ya, way too much for a defender. Might be a blessing in disguise for both Barca and Bayern. In other news Marquinhos just became available.

20. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

I doubt that the guy is only 20 and still has a decade ahead of him.......
    Still crying in the corner...Luiz was supposed to be our future captain T_T