1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

This is the year of Liverpool!!!

[​IMG]

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

3. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Pipe dream, breh! Already reports in Spain that he's coming back to Barca, won't happen. Let the season of smoke screens begin.

Oh good ol' boy Suarez!!

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

His agent said he would take less to come back lol. I don't believe that one but but yeah Yaya loves our club. He gets quite emotional about it.

5. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Let's get this party starteeeed!

#25 BasketballReasons, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  6. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

[​IMG]

United all the way. Welcome LvG. And soon to be welcomed, Luke Shaw, Toni Kroos and more.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You may have Toni Kroos. For 65 million Euro.

[​IMG]

Let me know if you need a translation ;).

8. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

So is Kroos going to Utd? Come on ATW, give us the scoop!

9. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

There is only one club to root for,and thats Liverpool.

Cant wait for the champions league and see what we can do. Anyone have an idea how the seeding process will be for Liverpool? Wouldnt they be put in a strong group?

And Yaya should come to Liverpool,so we can have both brothers. Hope Kolo is telling him how great it is there. ;]

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

This man speaketh the truth.

Geaux Liverpool!!!

[​IMG]

Duhnce funboy!

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I have no idea, but I hope so.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

According to ESPN, Bayern and ManU have agreed on a Kroos transfer. Will likely hear news on that in the next hours or days.

13. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Link? Wow, wonder how he'll do. Tbh, not seen him play enough to really know how good he is. Bet van Gaal would LOVE Robben or Muller but doubt they would let either go. Wonder if Robben would like to play with v Gaal again...

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They haven't agreed on the whole deal, but according to ESPN Bayern signaled that they are okay with a move to ManU and Kroos apparently agreed to a framework of a deal, he's apparently been in negotiations with them for months and there seemed to be breakthrough this week.

About Robben, I don't think he'll leave anytime soon. He loves this club, is a fan favourite and Pep just recently said that he's been the most important player this season.

Müller...he apparently really likes van Gaal and didn't make any real commitments to Bayern in recent interviews. Repeatedly stated that he's signed til 2017, but focussing on the Brazil WC now and doesn't rule out a future transfer.

He's a huge fan favourite and one of the faces of the club, so I'd hate to see him go. I really hope Pep values him as much as the fans do, Müller has a huge competitive nature and brings so much energy into the games. Also, he always seems to score or assist in big games and is unpredictable for defenders.

15. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

So I guess Robben has been rehabilitated? I always got the feeling that Bayern fans think he's good, but not loved - and that they prefer Ribery. I actually think Robben has been more valuable and is perhaps superior, especially now.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, and Bayern fans are starting to realize this. Robben was the best Bayern player this season, easily, and he is a great guy. His people are really nice, too. Ribery hasn't been himself at all. Let's see if he bounces back next year.

P.S.: Müller will stay.

17. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Let's hope he carries us through the first round of the World Cup. He's the only player on the Dutch team who is truly world class right now. RVP has been injured and hasn't done it at the big tournaments. Sneijder, who knows - I have big hopes for the guy, but he plays in Turkey so not quite sure how he's going to look. VDV is completely done.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Agreed, if I was LvG, I wouldn't even take him to the world cup.

19. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Going to be interesting to see how the sanctions affect City in the upcoming transfer window. They will only have 40 million to play with but that number can grow based on players they let go which could include the likes of Milner, Lescott, Richards and Dzeko. I believe there #1 target will be Porto centerback Mangala. After trying to find Kompany's partner with 18 year olds the past few seasons I welcome the addition of Mangala who is a proven top flight centerback and French international and is only 22 so his best years are still ahead of him.

The interesting thing will than be how the other sanction of only 21 champions league players affects them. City contend they only need 5 home grown players since there roster shrinked from 25 but UEFA might not agree. If it does stay at 8 than I can't imagine City hitting that mark while letting guys like Milner, Richards and Lescott go.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

United WILL BE BACK

No Europe next season can only be good for our Premier League hopes.