1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Kostas Papanikolaou as a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Sep 29, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C8NULmt94JU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

So glad this kid is on our team. Championship mentality and will to win.

3. BALLhog 247 365

saw him at niko niko's today...clearly limping and not able to walk just right

4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

smh doesn't he know aladdin's is better?

5. PeppermintCandy

Did not know Papa was still hurt. But IIRC his minutes dropped right after Josh Smith joined the team. With Terry, Smith and Brewer eating up almost all the backup minutes, it made sense that Papa would be racking up DNP-CDs.

I still think he can be a solid role player off the bench. But as of now, we have too many talented SF/PF players ahead of him. And that's actually one of those "good problems" for the team.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Coming up with KOH is ridiculous. Thought thst was reserved for LIN. Who cares.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope he will be well soon. I would be very happy to see him giving us valuable minutes.

8. mikeyg603

mikeyg603 Member

9. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I'm a little annoyed that Rockets lost Josh Smith to the Clippers but time to move on.

The thing on my mind now is when will Kostas Papanikolaou be traded and will the rockets get a pg back in return. There hasn't been any news on this topic in awhile.

Does anybody remember when the deadline is before his contract becomes guaranteed?

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I kinda like papas if he had a better shot he could seriously challenge brewer for first player off the bench. His defense is pretty good and he's a very good passer, he plays like Manu with out the jumper but in a SF body. He's the forgotten one on the team for sure and any trade we make he's assuredly going to be involved but I've still on the roster come opening night I would not be surprised to see him getting 12-18 min a night.

Dudes got some game and has a mean streak he's def an NBA player just needs a chance to get acclaimed to the speed of the game. I really think he can be a valuable player for us this season.

11. Airdough

Airdough Member

October 4th so right before preseason.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He actually plays pretty similarly to Smoove, at least on offense.

13. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I'm sure someone already pointed this out, but I just noticed this.

Remember when Codman kept repeatedly saying "remember the Raefer/James trade". That trade happened on October 4th... which is also the day K-Papa's contract becomes fully guaranteed...

14. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

He's probably gone before the season starts but I wish we'd keep him around. At times he made Joey Dorsey look like an NBA player.

I think his 3 pt shot will improve and he's already shown he can drive and create for others. With his skills and size we could put him anywhere from the 2-4. Heck, with our roster, put him at back up PG.

15. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Speaking of Codman. He kept emphasizing the word UNDER. As in down under?
    Based on our need at pg was he referring to Dellavedova or Patty Mills. I hope Morey has bigger plans than that.

#775 Horry33, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  16. malakas

malakas Member

well he said in NBA greece that he will stick around and try to make it to the NBA and fight to the end to make a carreer (not like Vspan) and I don't think he has any delusion that he will stay with the Rockets.
    I think he can be a respectable role player in a team.

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

His deal is an expiring correct? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if he's kept until then if Morey doesn't see a good deal. Remember, aomost every team

18. AXG

AXG Member

Kyrie Irving?

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

His deal is an expiring correct? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if he's kept until then if Morey doesn't see a good deal. Remember, aomost every team is confident going into the season that things will work out (except maybe Lawson in Denver). It's not until around December quality point guards will be on the block.

20. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Oh man I would love Patty Mills tbh. Delly not so much.