1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

lmao leave that stuff over there.

2. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

Quick question - what specifically are we getting back in this trade? I assume some foreign players or cash or something...?

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You dont get anything back when you are asking a team to absorb Lin's on court production and his salary. We had to give up two picks (1st and 2nd round). All we get back is salary cap space to make room for other players we can sign.

Asik, OTOH, with the proposed deal, will net us a first round pick.

4. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

Wow, so under NBA rules, you are literally allowed to trade something for nothing? I assumed that even if you are asking a team to absorb salary, they are still required to send something (despite what little value it may be) in return?

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yes you can, and I am glad you can because otherwise it would have been close to impossible to trade Lin and his contract away.

6. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

When we had to get rid of Royce White (ugh), the Sixers sent back a 2nd round pick that was top 58 protected, i.e. basically nothing

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They only want Laker fans, bravo to them

8. split41

split41 Member

Yo, when did I say anything about knowing the dude? I didn't say anything about his character except his took his demotions in stride and played hard. Others on our team that have had their efforts questioned: Asik sulking when Dwight came, and Harden's lackadaisical effort on D are two off the top of my head from this year.

Don't direct your tirade at me. All I said was he gets unfairly trashed around here, when he really didn't do anything to justify it.

Dude, I don't want to get into some sort of argument with you, because you seem pretty fired up from a pretty innocent post imo.

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

we got back cash and rights to foreign player to be named later. and a large trade exception

10. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Damn, you're pulling out all the stops, guy you're responding to didn't even say anything about his personality :eek:

11. VanityHalfBlack

Where is the youtube video where you went to the Linsantiy screening in Austin? Can't seemed to find it.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How many times did you meet him?

So you think you know him because you met him once or possibly twice?

We all know Lin isn't a very good player, he is solid. He lacks playoff experience and seems to be a player who will improve the older he gets.

A late bloomer. I can understand the Rockets would not want to wait on him because time is running out.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

So, do you guys think he'll supplant Nash as the starting PG? I'm pretty sure Kendall Marshall will stick to the bench.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Are the Lakers still looking for a head coach?

How about we let McHale go and let the Lakers sign him.

We can then look for a new coach.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Oh man, if we hired MDA, those combination of events would give Lin a brain aneurysm!

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's hard to get assists with Kobe as he prefers to put the ball down and get to his spot than simply catch and shoot.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude I'm not saying he's a bad person , I'm just saying he's not that personable .

I met Clyde drexler at micro center and he loved to talk rockets ball.
    Also met dominque Wilkins and he told me how he would destroy the league with the new rules etc. horry told me Hakeem stories. Rick fox told me about he got game scenes etc

Lin didn't seem that comfortable talking as a celebrity . If you meet him, you can tell me about your experience

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If Kurt Rambis didn't go to NY and McHale coached the Lakers can you imagine the looks they'll give each other.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Aww...we'll miss these stories here.