1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LOL at this anonymous rep:

You call yourself a HOUSTON fan? Hate can be blinding sometimes.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That's weird, I've noticed a LOT more hate for Parsons than Lin since he left. It's not even close.

The quality of the GARM is miles better now too.

3. yunac010

yunac010 Member

This. He didn't pout like Asik when he became a backup, nor is he dropping snide comments about Houston/the team. Things didn't turn out the way we envisioned with Lin but he's been a class act throughout.

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

You're right he played hard, but unfortunately it didn't work out for him or the team in the playoffs.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Parsons went to Dallas, which is the natural city rival of Houston.

Lin went to Los Angeles and brought his hover hand loving fans with him.

There were no Parsons only fans, they are just Rockets fans who are now pissed he's dissing the team and the city that gave him the opportunity for greatness.

1 person likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

I hope Lin can play well in L.A to the point where he can screw them in playoff..

8. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

As a wise woman once told me, you can't make every assh0le in the world like you.

Parsons is a guy people here really wanted to love from the get go. Lin not so much.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Hey guys, I just want to drop by and say I love you guys so much. Throughout the years, you bring me so much joy and this is all through the act of internet? Who knew that I don't even have to go outside with pants on to enjoy myself. I would like to dedicate this thread with one of the greatest sketch comedy sketches in the history of comedy. Please enjoy, and it's an oldie!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kQFKtI6gn9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

It is nice to not have to read this kind of stuff all the time anymore.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

When chandler was here, he was an effective above average role player who fits with the starters and fans were all in agreement of that

When Lin was here, he was an expensive mediocre player who didn't fit with the starters as well as Beverly and true rockets fans saw that while delusional LOFs think the opposite and blame that the rockets and other fans hate or marginalizing him

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

1) Not your money, it's Les'

2) If he really is such a crappy player, what's your justification for the sustained Lin hating on this board, given that he's no longer a Rocket?

13. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

That "true" fan stuff is crap. If you're a fan of the team then that's great. If you're a bandwagon fan. Awesome. There's more people to join in cheering on the team. And if people cheer on your team because of a player then cool they're still supporting your team. Now when the player leaves the team stop talking about the guy. Especially when he isn't making any disparaging comments about your team. Lin is gone no need to hate on the kid. Parsons on the other hand needs to just keep his mouth quiet, enjoy his millions, and maybe injure his back again.

1 person likes this.
  14. VanityHalfBlack

Lin helped us win game 5? I'd say that is a considerate amount of contributing as a role player.

15. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Parsons bragged a lot and played horrible in the playoffs after declaring himself the best at his position in the series.
    Lin's postseason wasn't actually that bad.
    What you said about their contracts is true I guess.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's turning the other cheek cause that PSALM said so

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

1) it's money that can be spent in some one else 8m = Ariza type player
    2) how is pointing out he's just mediocre and didn't score and still make the same drive jump in the air mistakes = hating?

18. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

This kid contributed a lot more to the team than people gave him credit for. Remember when Harden was out he was huge for those back to back wins against Spurs and Mavs?

Lin provided the offense when Harden was not on the floor, which is a concern for this year now that he is gone. We better hope someone step up when Harden is out.

If you can forget about all the pain LOFs inflicted for the last 2 years, Lin was pretty solid for the most part, and he was a pretty good teammate. Yea he is overpaid, well, so are a lot of NBA players this year. And honestly, if he wasn't waived for the first time we will have both Bev and Lin cheap, would yall still be hating on him if he was making dirt cheap?

19. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Rox paid him a total of 10 million for two seasons. A guy, as a 4th-5th scoring option, giving you 30 mins, 12pts, 4 asts while get paid 5m per is a bargain in NBA.

This has been pointed out before, but LOHs just choose to overlook it again and again and keep talking about how Rox get robbed by overpaying him.

I have to remind you guys again, Lakers are overpaying him, not Rox.

#1000 ivanyy2000, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014