1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Gary Payton

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

3. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

In the triangle all Fisher had to do was pass the wing and hang out in the corner so we're talking skill, he's not up there

But you're missing Jerry West so the top 5 argument is legit

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

5. gambingo

gambingo Member

Lin is getting a nice welcome already from this Lakers fan. Wish cf would have been more respectful of his departure, some ppl here act like this kid quit on the dam team or something smh....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vytObTaNN24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. whozee

whozee Member

Just like Royce White before him Jeremy Lin is in "The Dish"

1 person likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Some thanked him while others said more negative things. Regardless, this is clutchfans, we'll keep it real. No sugar-coated b.s. over here.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

How do you say "One year Rental" in Chinese?

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I read through the whole "Welcome Lin" thread on Lakersground. The LOFs and LOF-related trolls are already firing up over there.

Surprising how quickly and easily he's faded out of CF.

Lin is a good dude. Some of his fans, though, still calling CF rednecks like they did from the first day they showed up on CF.

11. Willard Decker

Get verbally abused by Kobe Bryant.

12. split41

split41 Member

13. split41

split41 Member

He gets really trashed on here on cf. He may not be a superstar, but all he did when he was here was play hard and try to adapt to roles he was given. I don't know maybe it's his fans, but people act like we just got rid of Scottie Pippen or something. I feel bad for the dude. I didn't think the Linsanity backlash would last for 2 years.

That being said, the usual classy CF members were classy when he left, as they are with everyone.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you actually met Jeremy Lin?
    I have. He's not that personable of a guy.

And don't give me this 'he tried hard' stuff. Everybody except Lamar Odom and Tracy McGrady in the Toronto game tries hard.

I really didn't have anything against him, but I thought his tweeting of bible proverbs for using #7 for Carmelo showed that he was insecure.

And you can see that in his play, sometimes it looks like he's playing scared , you can't have that on your team.

Two things, his play was sometimes great, but many times terrible. None of this is McHale's fault. Jeremy Lin not calling time out is not McHale's fault, Jeremy Lin throwing passes to nobody is not McHales fault.

People are glad he's gone cause they want someone who plays better.

2 people like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

No one had confidence in Lin at the end of the game in the playoffs. You could tell the coaches and players did not. Ariza is a massive upgrade for the Rockets team.

1 person likes this.
  16. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Playing alongside with Kobe and Nash could help him grow. It's a win-win situation. He had good games and bad games with rockets. But the kid gave his all. I wish him best of luck.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Lin's a great guy, a good/improving player and a very hard worker. He did everything the team asked, specifically to do all the things that he's not great at and work hard to improve in those areas. And he did improve in those areas, it's not his fault we needed more than anyone in that position could possibly give. I wish him the best and I genuinely believe he's going to have an excellent season with the Lakers. Kobe will trust him when he sees how hard Lin works off the floor.

Not to mention, he is going to bring in some much needed attention and marketing $$$ to the Lakers. That jersey's going to SELL big time. Lakers viewership will go up internationally. If they have money left over next summer after pursuing top tier guys, I think they will definitely look to bring him back.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The good part for him is that it's a rebuilding team. He won't get that much flack for sucking. Laker fans are all on the Clippers bandwagon at the moment.

19. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

They've already started banning on Lakersground. The guy who said Lin is a top 3 Lakers PG and couldn't name any other PG except Magic got banned

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

nash can still play?