1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Lin is right here. He has to stay aggressive. Hopefully he can learn to be aggressive and also protect the ball more at the same time.

Read the defenses better, know how to dribble back out before he commits to the second step of his drive... it's easy for me to armchair. He should trust his shot more and learn to come off a pick and pop it with no hesitation.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

“I haven’t talked to him about the turnovers,” Lin said of Scott. “He hasn’t given me feedback on what he wants me to do to be better.”

LOL.

Hey Jeremy! How about trying to cut back on them. How about working on your handles? How about working on your decision making with the ball?

Apparently everyone can see Jeremy Lin rushing into the lane and then jumping in the air to make a pass except Jeremy.

I have been hearing that "stay aggressive" mantra from him since day one with the Rockets. It gets old over three years of time. Unfortunately for him, he also tends to get out of control when he gets aggressive. Again, back to poor handles.

Its never Jeremy Lin's fault. Not even his own turnovers....

#7942 Zboy, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Hey, if the coach hasn't talked to him about it, then why should he be concerned?
    Coach clearly doesn't WANT him to be better.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Last night I was debating watching the Lakers game and decided just to tape it. Then I saw this description. I seriously spit up my drink laughing. LOL Ronnie Price with 17 points and 9 assists for the victorious Lakers. Poor Lin.

[​IMG]

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WZWE5U-tIt4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Before Lin was even known in the NBA lol

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

*laugh*

[​IMG]

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ Thabeet, Budinger, Jordan Hill...jeez, I can't make it through that vid haha

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I forgot all about Johnny Flynn lol

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Latin Post drops bombshell...
    _____

Jeremy Lin News: ‘Linsanity’ Won’t Change Style of Play to Please LA Lakers Coach Byron Scott

Jeremy Lin and Byron Scott are having a rocky relationship in their first season together with the Los Angeles Lakers as the veteran coach has been critical of the point guard's inconsistencies this season.

When asked about his struggles in protecting the ball, Lin told Mark Medina of Los Angeles Daily News that Scott has yet to talk to him about what "Linsanity" coined as his "high-risk, high-reward" style of play.

"I haven't talked to him about the turnovers," Lin said of Scott. "He hasn't given me feedback on what he wants me to do to be better."

And if Scott talks to him and asks him to be more mindful of avoiding turnovers, Lin said that he is capable of playing it safe, but he pointed out it will also change him as a player so he'd rather stick to his playing style.

"I won't be myself as a player," Lin said of changing his approach. "I won't be making plays that I make. I drive to the rim and to the basket really hard and put my head down. The majority of the time, I feel like something good will happen. But there will be times it won't. To some degree, you have to live with some of those risks."

link

10. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Bringing up a game 4 months ago, Price had more points via playing more minutes as starter, you're really grasping at straws here. If you want to laugh at Lin, bring up the Miami Heat game few years ago where he got demolished like a pancake. :rolleyes: You're terrible at this.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

@ Latin POst article KingCheetah posted.

Looks like Jerry is in an much of a denial as his fanatics are.

That would also explain his three years of non-improvement as a player and why he has already exasperated two of his coaches.

Not a very coachable player, especially for a mediocre bench player at best.

*laugh*

[​IMG]

Thanks for the Miami Heat game reminder. That Miami Heat game was an EPIC disaster.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EJJO4WCzs9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#7951 Zboy, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  12. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Quoting latinpost about Jeremy Lin is a bit like quoting bleacher report about just about anything. Not quite as bad as culturemap, but earnestly trying.

1 person likes this.
  13. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

According to you, Lin is a bench player. Ok, no disagreements from me. But why do you spend so much time on him? I think you are secretly turning into a Lin fan because of your excessive tracking of his performance. Kind of sad, tbh. If you want to follow a point guard, I suggest following someone MVP caliber like Curry or Westbrook.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I didn't bring up the game, it was posted on my ATT feed. Anyway...

The Lakers played the Warriors on November 1st, lost by 23.
    Jeremy Lin started and was 0-6 with 6 points, 6 assists, and 5 turnovers. WHA?

The Lakers played the Warriors on November 16th, lost by 21.
    Jeremy Lin started and was 0-2 with 0 points 1 assist and 1 turnover. WHA?

The Lakers played the Warriors on December 23rd, won by 10.
    Ronnie Price started and was 6-10, 17 points, and 8 assists. WOW!

:grin:

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

First of all, have some of this. You need it.

[​IMG]

Second,

This is a "Jeremy Lin as a Laker" thread on a Bball forum. It is not a 'Jeremy Lin is awesome" thread. This is a free country and I am free to discuss any topic I want......especially one in which I am on-topic.

You and your friends should start a "I hate Zboy" thread in the hangout section to stay on topic....since you guys seem so vested on me.

Which begs the question...what are you doing on a Rockets forum? Jeremy Lin does not play on the Rockets anymore. We had to sacrifice a pick to get rid of him. :(

16. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

You found three bad games of a player, wow congrats! Lin is such a scrub (according to some here). Even great point guards like CP3 has bad games here and there, so why are you surprised when a scrub has scrub performances from time to time? :confused:

Amazing discovery.

17. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Lol. No one said you were restricted from talking about him. I simply asked you why you were spending so much time with him. Unfortunately, you are a bigger Lin fan than most Lin fanatics due to the fact you spend so much time on him. Ironic really.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why?

To expose lies like the one below =)

LOL @ "found three bad games"

Some of the games of Jeremy Lin as a Laker...

• vs Houston 1-5 form the field and 4 TOs
    • vs Suns 2-5 1 ass, 2 TO
    • vs War 0-6 5 TOs
    • vs War 0-2, 1 To, 1 Ass
    • vs Hou 1-5 5 TOs
    • vs Tor 3-11
    • vs Was 0-10,
    • vs NO 1-5
    • vs Sac 1-5
    • vs Min 2-5
    • vs Ind 0-6
    • vs Sac 1-3
    • vs Sac 1-3
    • vs Chi 2-8
    • vs Den 1-6
    • vs Ind 2-6
    • vs Pot 3-9
    • vs Uta 3-10
    • vs Hou 2-9
    • vs Was 1-5
    • vs Kni 1-3
    • vs Por 0-6
    • vs Utah 4-12
    • vs Mem 1-5
    • vs Dal 1-6
    • vs Det 1-4

I did not even include some of the games where he had 4-5+ turnovers....was tiring looking it up after first couple.

For the entire month of January he shot 35% from the field. You dont get those numbers from just a "few bad games"

Like I said, deception. That's what Lin fanatics use against you.

#7958 Zboy, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  19. Danang78

Danang78 Member

Alright Zboi, I'm back!

First, blueshampoo was not lying, Cometwin listed 3 games, so blueshampoo said 3 games. Whats wrong with you reading comprehension?

And about the list that you added, YAWN! We still like him, and you still salty. Nothings ever gonna change mang!
    He's still ballin'. Might be starting soon to add. He gives no faks about BS anymore...cuz one foot out the door....avantage to the fans.
    Speaking of fans, more still attend this year's Lakers games than Rockets games. lawwlzzz
    No matter what, Rockets are always going to be in the shadow of the Lakers.

Regarding 'Merica...you can hate on Jeremy Lin as much as you want, free country like you said. So don't be a hypocrite and turn your nose at blueshampoo because he post in here too. Jeremy Lin is for everyone to enjoy.

Easy tiger, no one is going to start a Zboy thread. But if you need a complement, here's a free one.....your best quality is not humility.

20. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Yup. Cometwin mentioned 3 games so I talked about the 3 games. But thanks for bringing up that giant list LOL, must have taken a lot of time. By the way, those games are useless without dates. So get back to your computer and add them dates hahahaha.