1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I like Lin but are ppl really comparing Lin to Nash?

Nash is one of the greatest point guards of all time.

Lin is not even the best backup at this point and would barely be a fringe starter

2. krouchchocolate

Rofl Lin being better than Nash. suck Lins d while u are at it!

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I really can't tell which posts in here are serious and which are just trolling. If you really believe Lin has the potential to be anywhere in the same universe of what Nash produced in his prime, then you need intensive psychological therapy. Either that or you just started watching basketball for the first time within the last few years. Nash is a multiple MVP and one of the greatest PG's of all time.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Mr. mig0s is very serious when it comes to Jeremy Lin.

Let me give you a statistic that will blow your mind away.

Over 9% of his total posts on clutchfans are in this thread alone.

Always on stand by mode....

[​IMG]

Yes, Mr. mig0s truly does believe in impending greatness of Jeremy Lin.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Looks to me the LOFH just got trolled. Any basketball discussion on here is mute.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Like I always maintain delusion and dumbness is rampant amongst the Lin fans.

Lin better than Nash? HAHAHHAHAHAH

Next in. Lin better than Magic and big O. His triple double against Cavs shows that. LOL

7. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

A new term has just been invented:

LOFTT

Lin Only Fan Troll Troll :grin:

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin will never become Nash
    Or Crosby
    Or stills

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Injured Nash schooling rookie Clarkson

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- When the Los Angeles Lakers snapped their 2014-15 team photo at their practice facility Wednesday, point guard Steve Nash was the only Lakers player on a guaranteed contract absent.

It wasn't much of a surprise. Nash hasn’t been around the team much since being declared out for the season in October because of back injuries.

Except when it comes to working with rookie point guard Jordan Clarkson.

The 41-year-old former two-time MVP reached out in late January, right around the time Lakers star Kobe Bryant suffered a season-ending shoulder injury.

“Text me when you want to get in the gym,” Nash said in a text message to Clarkson.

Clarkson, the Lakers’ 2014 second-round pick out of Missouri, entered the starting lineup a day later, and not long after that, Clarkson and Nash began working out together.

The first session focused on studying film. Later workouts emphasized on-the-court work. All told, they've had a half-dozen or so workouts, each lasting a half hour or more.

“Just being able to learn from somebody like that, it’s just a great feeling,” Clarkson said.

In some cases, Clarkson will practice with the Lakers earlier in the day and then return to the facility later that same night to work out with Nash.

“That’s how dedicated he is,” Lakers coach Byron Scott said of Clarkson.

Earlier in the season, Scott said he wanted to give Nash space as this season -- Nash's 19th -- will likely mark his last in the NBA. The Lakers are paying Nash about $9.7 million this season in the final year of a three-year, $28 million deal.

Scott also reported some difficulty in reaching Nash, even over the phone, and expressed his desire for Nash to be around the Lakers' young players.

Eventually, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak started coordinating with Nash, who also communicated with another Lakers staffer.

“I just hear afterwards that they worked, [but] like I said, I love the fact that Steve is working with him,” Scott said.

According to Scott, it's already paying off.

“His passing has gotten much better,” Scott said. “We always talk about the little pocket pass; he’s starting to make that with ease. You start seeing some of the stuff that Steve is talking with him about.

“Sometimes it’s easier to relate to a player like that than it is to us as coaches, because we’re sitting there saying, ‘The pocket pass is open, Jordan the pocket pass is open.’”

Clarkson is averaging 9.4 points per game and 2.5 assists this season, but in 20 games since becoming a starter, those numbers have climbed along with his playing time, to 12.6 points and 4.6 assists. His player efficiency rating for the season is 15.16, right above league average.

He’s also shined in March, averaging 15.2 points, 5.3 assists and 4.0 rebounds in six games while out-playing more-heralded opposing point guards and impressing teammates, coaches and fans.

While Clarkson has certainly matured, he also credits Nash’s tutelage.

“Steve’s been patient,” Clarkson said. “Steve’s been real patient. He comes in with a good attitude. We work. Shoot, he’s almost like one of my boys, coming to the gym and working. He’s just got a little more experience and he knows what he’s doing.”

But those personal sessions appear exclusive to Clarkson. “No invite for me,” Lakers point guard Jeremy Lin said with a smile.

Clarkson said he and Nash worked out together for about a week at the facility in the preseason before toning it down leading into training camp.

Since then, he said Nash has offered one key piece of advice:

“Slow down,” Clarkson said. “That’s it. Just period. Slow down, let the stuff happen. Don’t force it.”

It marks a small contribution, but a meaningful one for not only Clarkson but Nash, who has played in just 65 of a possible 164 regular-season games the past two seasons with the Lakers because of injury troubles.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

LOL @ the casual one line Jeremy Lin diss by LA media in a Jordan Clarkson article.

#noRespekt

Why are folks in Los Angeles as well as Steve Nash marginalizing Jeremy Lin?

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/print?id=41358&imagesPrint=off

#7769 Zboy, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So... 4 MVPs and 6 All-NBA 1st teams are in Lin's future? OK.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The only time Jeremy Lin is not on the Lakers bench?

[​IMG]

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Reverse trolled LOL..

Lin haters trolling lin fans. Now Lin fans trolling.

This thread: It's not that serious :p

13. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

I don't doubt the viewership of ccfans.net, but I think you've way over estimated the significance of this thread. Take a closer look at who posted here. It's only a very short list;)

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Oh god mate hes taking the piss.

Everyone is taking the piss here.

Unless you're taking the piss regarding him taking the piss

Pissception

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I always forget what a big guy Lin is he's like 6' 4" 210 -- maybe it's because he plays so small on the court.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Lin fans have been trolling since 2012.

But I will admit to not always knowing when someone is genuinely stupid or trolling. Similarly, I wasn't a good gas station cashier because I refused to sell beer to a few people who I thought were drunk but were actually just very stupid. "Sorry, ma'am, I didn't mean to offend you but you look and smell like **** and you make no sense when you talk."

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin backwards is Nil

18. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Lin played great since allstar break.

19. Danang78

Danang78 Member

Oh cool!
    Any other Fun Facts 'bout Jeremy Lin?
    Fav color, best school subject?