1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

LMAO, I don't think you ever missed a Jeremy Lin game.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Gotta do what I gotta do to be well-informed.

Thats just how I was raised. So I give credit to my parents for instilling good values in me and of course a big thanks to...

NBA League pass.

3. kanariya

kanariya Member

He's gonna follow Lin back to CBA :grin:

4. VanityHalfBlack

Well now we know who the worst team in the NBA is, lol. Poor Detroit.

5. "Snosrap

"Snosrap Member

maybe until he gave up BB and officially took up a white collar job @ wallstreet:cool:

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Reggie Jackson is basically the PG version of Josh Smith. Athletic, physical, has offensive skills but really poor efficiency. Detroit took off after letting Smith go, now they struggle again after trading for the new Smith.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You know what that sound is?

That's the sound of silence from Lin apologists telling us that Lin is being held for the sake of tanking.

W against Pistons.

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's amazing how quickly the Josh Smith chatter has died down after Detroit went back to their pathetic ways.

Meanwhile Josh continues to be an instrumental piece to a team hoping to compete in the West.

9. cuddie

cuddie Member

Is...is Zboy going to mail Lin anthrax?

I check in on this thread periodically and swear that he makes over 80% of the posts here. I haven't seen this level of obsession since tinman's McGrady crusade.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What crusade? You mean destroying 'what if' myths with McGrady followers or showing facts that he doesn't and won't get his number retired?

Proving that the team didn't need him to win a playoff series?

If Zboy wants to expose the truths to Lin fans, then he's doing the right thing.

The hypocrisy I see on Clutchfans is that when CLUTCH does this about LIN and MCGRADY, everyone cowers in fear and dare not reply.

You guys fear the boss, but you accept that he's telling the truth.

you don't fear me, but you accept i'm telling the truth, and you hate it.

Hakeem Status people don't grow on trees, they were built with on true soul of the principles of Clutch City

When Mario Elie was worried after losing game 5 against the Knicks, Hakeem told him not worry, cause he knew Clutch City was on the horizon

that's what we're about, that moment

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You need to check on your math periodically instead.

A quick math shows that I have actually made about 4% of the total replies in this thread.

Off by mere 95% of the correct value.

Might as well claim the value of pi to be at approximately -23.185.

LOL. Embarrassing.

So.......back to the thread topic we go.... "Jeremy Lin as a Laker"

#7711 Zboy, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  12. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I think Clarkson is being played for the sake of development. The tanking is a happy side effect. He looks pretty decent for a rookie, though.

Also, this is Byron's #1000. For some strange reason the lineups morph a little from the typical at the end of games for those special ones.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

you need to apologize to the 99ers

I'm sorry you didn't join when you could have Judas

14. tinman

Supporting Member

I believe the best reason on why Lin is playing better overall is simple.
    He is definitely playing more serviceable than before the All star break.

Pressure.

He has no pressure now, he's on the bench, there's no Kobe, Swaggy P is hurt, the Lakers have no hopes for the playoffs

Times he had played with pressure, the Rockets in the playoffs, when Kobe was playing (high demands), as a starter,

he absolutely couldn't take it. then he goes off twitter on bible verses and saying how difficult life is

A great man named Billy Ocean once said

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

15. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

The first step in the 12 step program to becoming a Jeremy Lin fan is admitting occasional competence. Be careful...

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh don't confuse me thinking someone is playing better vs someone I want on the Rockets during the playoffs

I hope he never dawns a Rockets uniform again, but that's not my call.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Too close to the painting to see the picture.

basically he just isn't that good. He plays well for a month, plays bad for a month, plays well for a month, plays bad for a month. He is INCONSISTENT.

JVG always said the difference between stars and average players is the ability to perform night in night out.

It has nothing to do with God taking time out from giving African kids AIDs, racist coaches or alike.

He is just a mediocre player with a crap handle, streaky shooting and tunnel vision. Even based on that assessment people should realise that performance will be subject to higher fluctuations. Yes when things 'click' for him he's effective, but you'd rather a more solid player given his highs aren't as common and aren't of the same magnitude

1 person likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes. That's why it's hard to evaluate players based on streaks of good performances.

In the end, you have to ask, will this person make our team better? is he a starter or a bench player?

Will the Lakers sign Lin again? Probably not. Probably will never get an offer like what the Rockets gave him.

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

don't u and tinman have better things to do with your life than religiously follow a mediocre player who plays for a crappy team that is called the LAKERS?

I can only wonder how many hours you guys spend on LAKER and JEREMY fansites each week.

20. langal

langal Contributing Member

I honestly think he's worth a roster spot on a lot of teams because when he's good he is actually pretty good. he is a bench player and decent enough to be a spot starter. i don't think he belongs in the d league.