1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

First good game we've seen out of Lin in quite a while.

3. downbytheriver

2 pts, 2 ast in a 25 point blowout loss to the Lakers.
    Could have easily gone off for 4 and 4 if he wasn't gassy.
    Meanwhile Clarkson sanity continues, but he's too black for media recognition.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lin doing what scrubs do. Padding up his stats once it's a blowout and all the end of bench players are in. Empty stats.

5. downbytheriver

Question now is .. will lin be in the league next season? I imagine the novelty asian demographic welcome is worn out and with 4 yrs of college, 5 pro, teams want to give the roster spot to someone deserving. I was the first to say this season will be his last in the league ,right after he signed with houston.

6. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

7. mig0s

mig0s Member

Typical words from an undecuated, low IQ hater. What the **** is he supposed to do? Not do **** because its garbage time? The game was a blowout since the beginning so you just want him to run out the clock and not shoot?

You have so much hate in you rofl you need jesus

8. mig0s

mig0s Member

Are you stupid? Look at his stats there are at least 100 players in the league with worse fg% or PER than Lin. He'll get a 3-5M contract easily

9. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lol wow. Judging by your posts (not only in this thread) i have concluded that you are either r****ded or autistic. Is Lebron or Durant too black for media recognition too?

10. i3artow i3aller

Lin turned two weeks of good basketball into $25 million. Applaud him.
    [​IMG]

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Correct.

1-3 in first half when the game was still relevant. More turnovers than Assist as well. Irving treated him as a doormat in the first half. Getting lit up from everywhere. It was like a new year fireworks.

Did not really matter much with Matthew Delladenavonadenovadena either. Lin was still 1-3.

Jeremy Lin is certifying himself as a scrub.

LOL @ migs0 polishing and donning his armor suit after every Lin disaster to defend him.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Hahahaha are you serious with this? Too black for the media? You guys b**** about crazy LoF's whining about 'racism' but then claim the NBA Media is anti-African American??? Give me a break. This anti-fanatacism has gone just as far if not beyond the LoF hype.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I dont think you understand what he was saying.

Jordan Clarkson is half black and half Asian. He is saying that Clarkson is not Asian enough to get the recognition that Lin gets for similarly crappy or good stats, whichever way you want to put it.

Jordan Clarkson is a young rookie. If Lin cannot distance himself from Jordan Clarkson, yeah well umm.......not much to say.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Irving simply abusing Lin.

It is time for Jeremy Lin to explore options oversees.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y7pQW3QJ-Ec" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. downbytheriver

Realistically, he's not a productive nba player. He's a negative because of his unreliability and low iq as a pg. Add that with not being a shooter. Don't look at pointless stats, it's about what utility a team has for him. Off to the CBL where he won't be held back by the black man! And yes, that was an argument in th is thread.

16. VanityHalfBlack

the Sanity only works if they win games, lol. Oh and also Clarkson was drafted while Lin, not so much. But with that being said, i detect some sarcasm in that post yes? Good job on your part sir.

17. RESINator

RESINator Member

Getting outplayed by a rookie! Clarkson had 0 TOs.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hell, watching Bev and Terry is making me miss the guy...

19. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

yeah great move... However, he got a nice solid pick. Not exactly AI on Jordan.

Lin doesn't get many picks partly because he doesn't demand them and is not aggressive enough to use them, and partly (and importantly) because the Lakers are trash. Lin has to stop doing the triple threat hesitation everytime he touches the ball. Sometimes he has to let instinct take over and not hesitate.

If he doesn't get more aggressive, he will always be a bottom rung point guard.

20. torocan

torocan Member

Uh, he got a pick. Lin was still in front of him until he turned the corner.

Don't get me wrong, Kyrie has one of the best crossovers in the game (and has done that to MANY players), but beating someone after you rub them off a screen or a pick is nothing even remotely special.

Lin does get beat, but that play isn't one that he should be crucified for.

Now if you really wanted to point out Kyrie Irving's crossovers, you could simply have pulled up Youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15N_nzhImwQ

You'll notice he also crosses over John Wall, Dragic, Curry and many, many others.