1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

2. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

So should I finally drop him from my fantasy team or nah?

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The better question is why the hell was he on your fantasy team to begin with?

4. dchoye

dchoye Member

I dont get the >300 pages of this thread.
    Lin is an average PG can be a backup on a contending team or a starter on a bad team
    What's happen this year to Lin doesnt matter, as Lakers are tanking.
    Lakers are developing their rookies by starting them.
    No need to read this thread again.

5. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

LA has depth issues at the PG position. With Kobe out for the remainder of the season, you'd think he'd be able to turn around.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin has this pic on his twitter page...

[​IMG]

Clearly he is not following his own advise about twitter considering how active he is on there.

When he is not on twitter, he is crying.

"I'm human. I got emotions," Lin said . "...it definitely hurts. It's discouraging sometimes and disappointing. All of those emotions, of course."

And he backs it up with a 1-5 game with 4 turnovers while keeping the bench warm for a rookie, that had a better game than him.

I suggest he change that pic of his to this...

[​IMG]

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin sucks. That should be the title of this thread

1 person likes this.
  8. dchoye

dchoye Member

I'm not naming names but some of you posters need to get a life and have some other passion besides posting on the Rox site

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Honestly, I stared out as a Lin fan I was all aboard the Linsanity express when DM signed him and when Harden arrived I thought the Rox now have the NBA's best backcourt. However I slowly got turned off because I've noticed Lin does a lot of talking and not a lot of walking. He always makes passive-aggressive statements as above, like when he said that crap about turning the other cheek when the Rox just used no 7 on a Melo photoshop (yeah, like it's really that big a deal?). Consciously or not, he has this tendency to make himself out like a silent-suffering hero, the problem is he never really worked on his game to justify all the tweets and passive-aggressive comments he always does.

Handles are supposed to be the most basic thing for a guard, dudes like Steve Francis or Iverson who were accused of having basically zero b-ball level skills had great ball handling. Spot-shooting the 2nd most basic thing, you have guys like Tony Parker or Baron Davis or Kyle Lowry go from broken J's to accurate snipers. If Lin just shut up and worked on his game he wouldn't be in this mess, instead he goes off to market himself or whatever and ignores the gaping holes in his arsenal, and then when he gets **** on for lacking basic b-ball skills he posts bible verses and other BS crap to his tweet followers.

1 person likes this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Brilliant post roslolian.

That is the part Lin and his fans do not get....

Lin is the one that has gotten himself into this mess and the only thing that will get him out of this mess is his production on the court.

Not Melo. Not McHale. Not Harden. Not Beverley. Not Scott. Not Kobe. Not Price. Not Clarkson. Not Young.

What improvements have you made since the three+ years you have been in the NBA?

#6470 Zboy, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I had totally forgot, but something like this happened to me too. When we got him I thought, "Well he's no Dragic or Lowry, but he'll be decent." Then when I caught wind of all the hype that followed him I got swept up by it some and started to think of him as an above average starting PG.

And slowly from there my opinion of his ability went down further and further, until now, when discussing his playing ability the best thing I can say is that he could be a decent bench player if he was utilized a certain way - although that "certain way" might not so favorably impact his team.

1 person likes this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

As a LOF why are you still posting on a Rockets site, Denise?

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Another one busted....

[​IMG]

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOFs return to clutchfans just like anybody else because clutch made this place awesome.
    And rockets fans are better than lakers fans.
    Especially hakeem status posters
    They follow in the path of the leader

15. noppeper

noppeper Member

I think this is the best distillation of the Jeremy Lin drama I've read in this guilty pleasure of a thread. Another thing I've noticed, which I know is complete conjecture, is that once he got paid, he became entitled and complacent. I think he felt he finally "made it" and that given his contract, he was entitled to do his thing without any repercussions. Unfortunately, NBA coaches are in the business of winning, and if you don't help in that goal, then you will be replaced by somebody that does.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Once he got paid he never improved on any of his weaknesses.
    How do you know he wasn't complacent?
    It is well known that he's been marketing himself with lots of endorsements after new york. That takes time traveling the world to promote your brand. He sure does lots of videos on YouTube. The one that i found interesting was that he had a video of him training.
    Does harden have a video of himself training that he posts so fans can see that he trains?
    Kobe Bryant trains like at 5am . No videos

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

What do you do for work?

Why aren't you spending all of your free time developing real life skills for your professional life?

Why does this hobby of yours take up so much of your time, posting over 42,000 times on this website?

You really are one to speak, tinman. Hahahaha. You're not complacent, are you now? :rolleyes:

EDIT:: Oops, my bad. Hakeem Status poster here.

#6477 krnxsnoopy, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

If you gave me 15 million a year, i would learn to stop passing the ball when I'm jumping in the air.

19. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Can't quite get rid of all LOFs an we?

20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

And why the hell is the guy on vacation at a beach posting non-stop in the Jeremy Lin thread? Hahahaha

No hotties? You are no Dan Bilzerian, the Hakeem Status on Instagram. Dan Bilzerian wouldn't approve of ZBoy or tinman.

People living VICARIOUSLY through online personas because its more interesting than their own lives. How sad.... I could think of much better (and more productive) ways to spend time. It's probably more fun for them to **** on Jeremy Lin on an online message board than living their own life.