1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Well, my interpretation of Scott's position on Lin is that it's not really all that negative. All the quotes that I've read on this had him mentioning Lin's strengths at the same time as his weaknesses, more objectively and less critically. He does praise Price inordinately much though, but I see that more as a bromance with Price than crapping on Lin. Maybe I'm just projecting, but I see Scott as having been giving Lin more tough love than hate.

But why take any chances? Don't they lose next year's draft pick if it falls out of the top 5? Lin might be the Lakers best player right now. Call me a LOF, but it seems like Lin plays better the more he has the ball in his hands, and, with Kobe out for the season, Lin looked primed to make a bigger positive impact on the team than he has had the opportunity to all season.

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Well The Lord Jesus Christ said that if someone slaps you in the face, turn (or offer him) the other cheek...but he never said let them hit you again, or use you as a punching bag.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Think about it.
    he is making 15 million.
    we had to PAY a 1st to dump his salary on someone else.

why would anyone pay anything for him? Lakers dont like him/ he doesnt like them. He is playing like crap. He expires in the off season and can be signed for vet min. He is a backup PG at best (more like 3rd string).
    Low income teams would want to be given multiple picks to be landed with his salary.....

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It is unbelievable how out of touch of reality some of the folks here are.

1) It is clear Lin is to be traded: Really? I am gong to laugh at the team that actually tries to trade for Lin at this point. They would be paying 8 million for half a season for a backup PG at best. The same guy that we had to give up a pick for someone to take him. Seriously, I will take a day off from work and laugh at that team all day. Even if a team wanted him, all they have to do is wait for the off-season when he becomes a FA and just sign him for minimum. You have to be really stupid to pay 8M for half a season for about 10 pts and 3 assists with plenty of turnovers and guaranteed inconsistency.

2) Lin's minutes limited? Lakers must be tanking: Seriously? Have you looked at his numbers for the entire month of December? Even with his best games, you really think Lin's minutes are going to be the difference between Lakers winning and losing? Have you even watched him play all season long? He has been a major disappointment.

5. baubo

baubo Member

FWIW, this is what a poster on Lakersground said why Scott benched Lin. If true, then I can't believe how Byron Scott has a job. The lack of flexibility in this thinking is on a mind-boggling level.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, I wonder if Lin fans still prefer that he be on the Lakers rather than the Rockets...

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

8. split41

split41 Member

At this rate he'll be out of the league soon.

9. VanityHalfBlack

We can only hope. Does DNP means Jeremy Lin thread on clutchfans be less active?

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Honestly I avoided the GARM quite a bit last year because of his fans, so I had forgotten just how delusional they are. Reading that Facebook page is some of the funniest and most disturbing stuff I've ever seen on the internet.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Scott's doing Lin a favor if he get his balls to drop.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I just don't see it. If I wanted to limit offensive production, I'd consider limiting Nick Young or Ed Davis' minutes before benching Lin. He just hasn't been good enough this season -- even with Kobe out -- for that theory to make sense (to me).

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What's King1's thoughts on this whole debacle?

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Who the fork will trade for lakers players?

Maybe jordan hill can worth a bag of chips but the Lakers will not want to take back any salaries.

So no, they will just carry on with this freak show for the remaining of the season.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is your mind not boggled that the PG position is a position that requires leadership skills?

maybe Lin doesn't have leadership skills.

Byron Scott had Jason Kidd and Chris Paul, both leaders and you know he played for the Lakers right?

He had some dude named Ervin

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Why are we acting like Lakers fans are better than Lin fans?

Except for a core of intelligent fans, they're 95% Kobe nutriders - who deserve a taste of their own medicine after so many years.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

I like how Lin thinks he's so sneaky

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-spurs-20150124-story.html

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Just a sampling from all the fine folks who used to post this kinda stuff on our board (excerpted from their board). Don't ya miss it?

Lin's lying and breakin' the rules coz of how smart he is!
    Lin victim of envy, again!
    LOF's blowing off another franchise and fanbase already:
    Lin is gonna smoke the Lakers when he's playing for (probably) OKC

19. tinman

Supporting Member

1. Because Lakers fans ARE BETTER THAN LIN FANS
    The Lakers have been a basketball franchise since 1947 and they are represent the 2nd largest city in America, the Lakers have brought many championships and pride to their city.

2. Kobe fans are NOT LIKE LIN FANS AT ALL. They maybe obnoxious, but their fandom is BASED SOLELY ON BASKETBALL DOMINANCE FOR YEARS NOT WEEKS. Kobe Bryant is going down as one of the greatest players of all time. People hate his arrogance but know that he's accomplished things very few players will ever accomplish, such as multiple championships, gold medals, mvp etc.
    He's clearly head and shoulders above his so called counterparts who couldn't even win a playoff series.

3. Just because you don't like Kobe fans doesn't mean that their existence on message boards are a problem . I don't remember any Kobe fans completely disrespecting the Rockets organization, the city, the state, the players, the members of the board , and the founder.
    Only Lin fans have disrespected every entity that he plays for and called fans who are on the internet, 'racist'.
    Lin fans deserve to be excommunicated from the internet

20. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

It is all water under the bridge. Let it go, man. Used to be only LOF, now all LIN FANS:rolleyes: