1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Not really. They're two completely different planes of movement

2. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Not upset at all. I am having tons of fun in exposing the liar called downbytheriver.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I wonder if there will still be LOFs once Lin is out of the league after this season?
    Jesus Christ, I didn't know Lin could sink this low.
    If he's on the bench, pretty much option #1 (alongside Swaggy P), and he's still hesitant and playing scared, then there really is no hope for him.

He's a mental midget. No amount of athleticism and talent can fix that.
    Really, the only way for him to succeed is to literally build a team around him, and nobody is going to do that.
    Lin is a jack of all trades player, if I had to name a strength of his game, I couldn't really pinpoint it to any one attribute.

Now that he has failed as a star, and as a starter, and now it seems as a sixth man, he's inevitably going to be a role player and nothing more in this league.
    He better master something in the offseason, whether it be turning into a deadly shooter, or just locking down on D for the rest of his career or he will have NO career.

4. Neped

Neped Member

How do you kow that? Are you spying on them???

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Succeed?

You mean stat-pad?

There is no success if you build your team around a mediocre bench player LOL.

Remember the good old times when Nets were suckseeding when they built their team around Yinka Dare?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

tinman, your knowledge of everything NBA is umatched and unparalleled.

I looked at the video and two comments:

1) Kobe lied. His favorite holiday food is white meat.

2) Lakers did make a video of Lin as well. They had to edit it out though because Lin said that his favorite holiday moment was when Rockets gave him that massive contract. It felt like early Christmas to him.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Definitely not.

9. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

You dont find it funny to expose a liar who is just down by the river?

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Maybe Mo Williams stole the video

11. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Lol the Lakers are considering starting Clarkson because Ronnie Price is not doing so well, per Byron Scott.

Wow Lin can't even beat Clarkson

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Byron is just throwing **** at the wall now and trying to see what sticks. The Lakers starting lineup have consistently come out of the gate struggling before and after the lineup change.

Lin and Boozer got the blame and got benched. Now Ronnie Price is the scapegoat. But Byron doesn't dare addressing the real problem:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobe has taken more contested midrange jumpers than 12 NBA teams. New BIG Number on <a href="https://twitter.com/TrueHoopTV">@TrueHoopTV</a>, Ep 95: <a href="http://t.co/JiSBfutDJ0">http://t.co/JiSBfutDJ0</a></p>&mdash; Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) <a href="https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/545948330334113793">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's #424 there:

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/11/sort/DRPM

13. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I just looked up Ronnie Price's defensive stats, he is by no means a defensive stopper. His opponents have better FG% playing against him.

I agree with you, the real problem is Kobe, currently he is taking the most shot with a horrible percentage, and he is the worse sg in terms of defense right now.

lol@Bryon Scott talking about defense yet insist on playing Kobe heavy minutes

14. mig0s

mig0s Member

I'm pretty sure Byron knows that Kobe is the problem but what can he do? He'll get fired before he decides to play kobe less

15. downbytheriver

I don't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth!

16. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure that Scott knows that Kobe is still easily the best player on the team and Lin is not the best option at point guard.

I'm pretty sure Kobe will get his number retired and probably a statue like Magic in front of the Staples Center.

I'm pretty sure that Lakers fans understand that Kobe is a once in a lifetime player and that letting him have a few years to jack up as many shots as possible is ok for what he did for them. I wish Les understood that and let Dream do what he wanted for one last year.

I'm pretty sure that Lakers fans know that Linsanity was a product of Mike D'Antoni and we all know what happened with him.

17. mig0s

mig0s Member

1- there is no doubt that Lin is a better point guard than Price and Clarkson lol. Only LOH's like you can't accept that fact.

2- what does this has to do with retiring Kobe's jersey? :confused:

3- If Lakers fans are ok with Kobe 'jacking up as many shots as possible' and 'let him do what he wanted for one last year', then why are they mad that they are not winning?

4- Mike d'Antoni is still better than a lot of coaches today

18. downbytheriver

*for 3 weeks as an unscouted player.

D'Antoni himself should not be embarrassed and grouped with lin. He had a very impressive stretch in phnx.

Lin just did what Deven George did in summer league, as soon as he was scouted and teams started playing defense, he fell back to the mean [NBDL talent]. He should probably give half his salary to fan boys like mig0s for trying to keep him relevant despite not having the talent and basketball mind to cut it as a backup for the worst team in th e league.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

The only "No Doubt" in LA sings that song Spiderwebs

There's obvious doubt because Lin is on the bench and has been stinking it up lately.

Why are Lakers fans so happy that Kobe past MJ in scoring?

Mike D'antoni doesn't coach for anybody now

20. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

Lin sucks, T-Mac sucks and the 90's were great.

Your life summed up 9 words.