1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014-'15 Cleveland Cavs Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by UtilityPlayer, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Umm so far Irving has looked like he has Kobe's genes in terms of selfish play. Dude is a ballhog, i don't care how bad his teammates are. Obviously this will change with LeBron there. Man, they have a lot of assets. This team will be in the Finals if they get the right leadership.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Kyrie is not top ten as of last season.

He does have potential though.

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Only a few days ago I swore you do whatever it takes to get Love. Bird in the hand and all that. Plus Summer League shouldn't be taken as a serious indicator of anything.

But damn I'm really curious to see how Wiggins and Bennett turn out, and it's not a bad consolation if the Cavs can't make the trade for Love.

New coach, top pick, a 'new' Bennett, and the Return of the King in one month. Plus Kyrie. Maybe, just maybe...ok BIG MAYBE...maybe if everyone pans out it could be a magic 'meant to be' team that competes for years to come.

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

Bennett will probably be traded though. Way too much overlap on that team between Wiggins, Lebron, him, and Thompson.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So, are we really going to ignore Lebron's real reason for going to the Cavs????

Surely it is to cash in on Ava Devines promise to the team last season if they make the playoffs???

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What good role players do they have next to Varejao?

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

:confused: who needs role players if you already have LBJ, Wiggins and Irving on the team? For what its worth I hear Ray Allen is trying to work out a deal with the Caves as well.

8. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DSlbYSjW0wg?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kyrie Irving/John Lucas
    Dion Waiters/Ray Allen?/Matthew Dellavedova/Joe Harris
    LeBron James/Shawn Marion?/Mike Miller/James Jones
    Kevin Love/Tristan Thompson/Malcolm Thomas/Dwight Powell/Erik Murphy
    Anderson Varejao/Brendan Haywood

10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

East standings
    1.Cavs
    2. Bulls
    3. Wizards
    4-8. No one cares

Lebron is gonna 3 more titles with this group..but the bulls are really gonna challenge him this upcoming season

11. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Are the Cavs contenders now? I think yes. 3 superstars and solid role players

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I have stupid question. If Lebron's contract is only 2 years long, how do the cav's resign him? They won't have his bird rights. Was there a sign and trade with Miami that I didn't hear about?

13. try

try Member

You receive a limited form of Bird rights for a player even if his contract is shorter than three years, in detail:
    If he declines his player option to become a free agent after this season, the Cavs can resign him for up to four years (with 4.5% raises) with the Non-Bird exception (which is actually a form of Bird rights) which allows them to resign him for up to 120% of his previous salary (of course not more than the max).
    If he accepts his player option and thus becomes a free agent in the summer of 2016, the Cavs can resign him for up to four years (with 7.5% raises) with the Early Bird exception which allows them to resign him for up to 175% of his previous salary (of course not more than the max).

So they can resign him for the max every year, no matter what.

1 person likes this.
  14. Normalus

Normalus Member

They are contenders now, but I'm pretty sure they won't get into the finals if Chicago Bulls are healthy.

Rose/Brooks
    Butler/Hinrich/Snell
    McDermott/Dunleavy
    Gibson/Mirotic
    Noah/Gasol/Bairstow

This roster looks so good, especially when you can rotate Gibson to C, Gasol to PF, Butler to SF, Snell to SF, Hinrich to PG, Bairstow to PF in any time. So much space for creativity, and world class coach.

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Cavs starting 5 has got to be one of the most fun offenses to watch this season. I'm really curious to see how Waiters in particular adapts especially if he models himself after Wade.

I can only hope LBJ's presence will force everyone to step up their D another level.

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Even if they dont have solid D-they can run everyone out of the building and score like hell. Imagine a lineup of Love-Lebron-Ray Allen-Waiters-Irving playing at a hectic pace.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cavs preseason schedule:

Sunday, Oct. 5 - vs. Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel) - Quicken Loans Arena (Cleveland, OH) - 6:00 p.m.
    Saturday, Oct. 11 - vs. Miami Heat - HSBC Arena (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)^ - TBA
    Tuesday, Oct. 14 - vs. Milwaukee Bucks - Quicken Loans Arena (Cleveland, OH) - 7:00 p.m.
    Wednesday, Oct. 15 - vs. Indiana Pacers - Cintas Center, Xavier University (Cincinnati, OH)* - 7:00 p.m.
    Friday, Oct. 17 - vs. Dallas Mavericks - Quicken Loans Arena (Cleveland, OH) - 7:30 p.m.
    Monday, Oct. 20 - vs. Chicago Bulls - Schottenstein Center, Ohio State (Columbus, OH)* - 7:00 p.m.
    Wednesday, Oct. 22 - at Memphis Grizzlies - FedExForum (Memphis, TN) - 8:00 p.m.

18. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Cavs will be the hottest ticket in town for each team.

19. afk

afk Member

IF they can stay healthy.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Honestly, I'm not so sure the Cavs finish on top. They may have the talent, but they definitely don't have the chemistry.

1. Bulls
    2. Cavs
    3. Wiz
    4. Charlotte
    5. Toronto (wins division)
    6. Heat
    7. Hawks
    8. Nets