1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Doubt he excels. He excelled in an anything-goes system where he could never get benched due to nobody behind him (literally).

With a real coach and real discipline, his numbers will drop but he will end up being a better, more complete basketball player.

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Honestly I can't fault him for taking the money. It's clear that Houston's offer was no where close to the Mavericks and if no other team offered anything close to the Mavs then all luck to him. I just wish he wasn't a Maverick. That really sucks.

But the Mavericks are set now. They can't make any moves. Parsons is now their most expensive player and he is their 3rd option. Mavericks overpaid big time and now they have to deal with his contract for the next 3 years. Could easily ruin the Mavericks for that duration.

Mavericks have no flexibility.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea agree. When I said excel, I'm not talking about his individual stats but his overall games and impact on W/L.

4. VanityHalfBlack

1. Sports is a business
    2. I'm a casual sports fan meaning, I watch it because it entertains me.
    3. I understand, $40 plus million dollars? What goon head wouldn't take that money? I'd be happy with $40,000, but $43 million dollars? **** I make less than 20,000 a year, you hear me CF!!!!!! $20,000 a year!!!!!!

5. Pete the Cheat

Parsons likes the D..you can't tell me no one saw that coming.

Dudes a male model...of course he would go for the D.

He was buddies with Lin at PG....so you know he doesnt mind the little D when times are tough.

Tried buddying up to Harden to mixed results...so probably doesn't prefer the ungroomed D.

Went out of his way to recruit Dwight at Center..so you know he is always looking for the big D.

So not why am I not surprised he went running for a town full of Dbags run by a Dhead with their best player being a professed D lover for life...just saying

1 person likes this.
  6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

It's a business. Parsons did what was best for him. Rockets did what was best for them.

Don't hate on the guy for taking care of his family for generations to come.

7. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

You might have a point here.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Chandler Parsons is the Riley Steele of the NBA.

9. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

I Defollowed him on instagram and twitter. It was really therapeutic.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is the same route to go after a breakup.
    Chandler Parsons broke our hearts. :(

11. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

This was pretty funny, although don't be surprised if the mods ban you for the "little D" comment. Speech is quite restricted here.

12. Bosh4

Bosh4 Member

Maybe they will try to mold him into the next Dirk? They have similar size.

13. Bosh4

Bosh4 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>well the <a href="https://twitter.com/dallasmavs">@dallasmavs</a> just got hotter today.</p>&mdash; christina perri (@christinaperri) <a href="https://twitter.com/christinaperri/statuses/488471476538851328">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

PUH-LEEESE! If Cuban offered any of you a scrap of 46M, you'd put on lipstick and kiss his hairy butt, so he could make it into a tattoo!

Ultimate props to Chandler! He worked hard for 3 years, even when it was evident he was grossly underpaid and I never heard of him complaining or having a bad attitude - nothing! He was a consummate professional...

a few folks on this board could take a lesson... jus sayin...

15. Pete the Cheat

I speak only of small PGs, big Centers and lovers of the D

16. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

He is the Franchise

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So if i have this right, Parsons will make more than Harden, Dirk, Love, Westbrook, Duncan, Parker and Curry next year... cool.</p>&mdash; David Nuño (@DavidNunoABC13) <a href="https://twitter.com/DavidNunoABC13/statuses/488517927629365248">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Parsons' was actually well dressed.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i hope he regresses and dallas regrets that contract to the last day they own it.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Parsons is not worth $16mil. I've never been a huge supporter of his like most of you guys. He's damn good, he hasn't reached his potential, his skills combined with his size are rare. But I never had a problem dealing him for Love or Parsons. With that said -

He doesn't know when to attack yet, he will learn.

He doesn't know how to impact the game consistently, he will learn.

He doesn't play great defense, he can though, he will learn.

Carlisle is going to turn him into a true all-star threat. With proper coaching... he's destined to reach another level. Soon. This is going to be like Lowry or Dragic only worse.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I live in Dallas and unfortunately I have to see Mav fans post about how bad the Rockets are and Chander Parsons is awesome and how it has them all excited. Ugh