1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

in other words hes very limited on the offensive side of the floor, is that better. tipins and alleys are his source of pts

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Me too. Really puzzling and unnecessary, unless he was joking or something.

By his definition, he would not want to play with Olajuwon, Shaq, or Kareem, (champions all).

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He'd want to play with them if their names were Hakeem Chandler, Shaquille Chandler, or Kareem Abdul Chandler.

4. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

That's Tyson Chandler's ceiling though. None of those qualities, while nice, give him authority to command the ball in the post. If the qualities you listed above are all CP is looking for in a center, he's found it. Personally, I'd rather have someone like Dwight who can command the ball, take his guy to the basket and score, draw fouls, etc. BTW, DH can also do the things you listed above. To me it's a no-brainer.

5. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Meh he used to take shots at Harden all the time. I guess now that he's in Dallas he's ditching the whole "Dwight and I are bffs that's why he came to Houston" act.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Here is the list of NBA player salaries for the upcoming season

http://espn.go.com/nba/salaries/_/seasontype/4

There are 56 players that will be making over 10 million dollars next season including Chandler Parsons

Of those 56 these are the only players that I feel are worse the Chandler:

Gerald Wallace now due to age/injuries, but prime Wallace was better
    JaVale McGee - big men usually get paid more but even as a big man he sucks
    Andrea Bargnani - see above
    Derrick Favors - jury is still out but overpaid even as a big man
    Eric Gordon - injuries but prior to them he was a beast
    Hibbert - worth 10+ but overpaid
    Amar'e Stoudemire - Injuries killed his career but way better in prime

guys about the same as chandler:
    Danilo Galinari
    Nikola Pekovic (again big men get skewed because they are a commodity)
    Andrew Bogut
    Tyson Chandler
    Larry Sanders (if he can get his head on straight)

so out of the 56 players - 12 are worse/the same and 43 are better than Parsons - so to say he is putting up the numbers of someone who deserves to be paid 10+ is grossly off IMO.

Parsons' production was grossly overvalued because of his low salary - people inherently place lower expectations on a player because the only make X amount of money. Likewise expectations are unfairly high if the player makes a lot. Parsons' production next season will be judged unfairly as well unless he makes a significant leap which is unlikely because of his skill set, age (you dont see too many leaps at his age though he is still relatively young but most leaps are before age of 25) and his role on the mavericks as well. He may put up the same numbers across the board - heck maybe even better but it will still be looked upon poorly.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

What was his role? Get owned by Batum despite claiming to be the best SF in the series?

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

WTF? Ok do you have a job? If another company offered you 10x your current salary and you went to your boss and told him you were gonna resign, is it ok for the rest of your coworkers to hate your guts for leaving the company?

I'm someone who was really glad the Rox didn't match Parsons but to act like he's some soulless b*stard who sold out the Rox is ridiculous, what did you expect him to do, turn down 15M for 5 years with a player option for...what exactly? The Rox didn't even make him an offer, they told him to go find an offer and if it's reasonable then we'll match, if he turned that down who knows what the Rox would've given him, maybe half that amount if he's lucky. Hate the rockets? So because he signed a contract with the biggest offer he suddenly hates the Rockets? FYI he sent out tweets thanking the Rockets for giving him the opportunity to play in the NBA, that's not exactly an indication of strong hatred.

The only one who should see things the way you do are 12 year old kids with no idea how real life works.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Ariza, Harden and now Howard will all be targeting Chandler.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Parsons is a 79 in 2K15 just to let you guys know.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Ratings probably don't emphasize defense enough. What is Ariza's rating? And other players in the 79 range?

12. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Parsons will continue to wear no.25 as he did with us and my gators

13. houactuar

houactuar Member

Are you a rockets fan? Yes or no? Sounds like you are a mav fan. I bleed red. Maybe you bleed blue. Bottom line is this, cp25 is a mav. Therefore he must be hated. He is an enemy now. That's simply how being a fan of the Houston Rockets works and how it is supposed to work.

Now, if you want me to be objective, ... Hell no.... No reason for a fan to be objective. Chandler parsons is an overpaid wimpy Cuban sycophant.

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Well I don't hate parsons and I bleed red.

Being a gator fan means I have watched and supported parsons for 7 years now and I refuse to hate him.

Yes I'll take jabs at him like everyone has and won't barrack for him to be successful for the mavs but that doesn't mean I have to hate him.

#554 Voice of Aus, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  15. houactuar

houactuar Member

I understand why your being a gator fan can cloud your judgement. My not being a gator fan and not being a mav fan makes it easier to not like a player on an enemy team. True Houstonians and true Rockets fans do not like Parsons and do not want to see him do well. We true Rockets fans want to see Cuban regret overpaying and see him and the Mavs suffer.

Thats my opinion.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Parsons has always been a tool. I don't mind his personal business but the hypocrisy here is hilarious. You should be mad at somebody else because he was 100% loyal to us until somebody here worshipped by nerds made a dumbass mistake.

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The more it speaks, the more I hate it...

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Ariza is 80. So it looks like the 2K people like Morey's choice of starting SF at least.

19. kemah

kemah Member

ok

Is 80 good?

20. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

It's actually perfectly ok for them to, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Also the NBA is a business where you have to expect to get judged, you get paid to be out in the public's eyes and to take the public's wrath and/or love. Without the public you have no salary.