1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

It all started with Lillard making a comment about Orlando not being as good as Miami, to which one of Parsons' friend (An orlando/dallas native) responded with a bit of banter about how Lillard is not as good as Steph Curry. Lillard responded by having a go at the mans oral symmetry.
    Chandler Parson uploaded a photo with the twitter troll tonight in a photo simply tagged "@damianlillard ."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How did he recruit her?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Mavs may look to rely on Chandler Parsons' playmaking, ball-handling skills more in ’15-16

After he admittedly used the 2014-15 campaign to get his feet wet in a new system, you can expect to see the ball in Chandler Parsons’ hands more for the Dallas Mavericks next season.

Spending his first three seasons with the rival Houston Rockets, Parsons battled through his fair share of nagging injuries to play in 66 games during his first campaign with the Mavericks, averaging of 15.7 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 33.1 minutes per outing. He then found his season cut short after Game 1 of the Mavs’ first-round playoff exit at the hands of his former team due to a right knee that required arthroscopic surgery to repair a cartilage injury on May 1.

“His game has grown a lot,” Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said while praising Parsons’ versatility in his first season with the team. “He’s not only a shooter and a scorer, but he’s a playmaker. He’s a defender and a rebounder. He’s one of our best all-around players. As the season went on, his responsibilities grew. And they will continue to grow going forward. This period where he’s going to have surgery and recover, there are going to be plenty of things that he can do to refine his game, even if he’s not on the court going 100 percent. I’ve had long discussions with him about that. There will be no time wasted, and he will continue to get better and be one of the best young players in the game.”

“I think as the season got along he did more and more,” Nowitzki said while assessing his young teammate’s play during the ’14-15 schedule. “He actually had some great games there before he got hurt with his knee, where he got the ball, pick-and-rolled it and took some big shots. Just more of the same, really. Some ball-handling on some pick-and-rolls, some show-and-goes, and he’s great on the fast break. I don’t think he’ll ever be the player where we give it to him and say, ‘Create a shot.’ I’m not sure if that’s his game. I’m not sure if that will ever be his game. He’s great on the move. He’s great on pick-and-rolls. He’s a great passer for his size, and just doing more of that and being more efficient doing so.

“You know, just sometimes you go through little stretches where just nothing seems to go in, and then you go through stretches where you can’t seem to miss. And in those stretches where you’re having a tough time, you’ve got to keep fighting. You’ve got to keep stepping into your shots and you’ve got to make plays for your teammates, which he’s great at when he drives off the pick-and-roll. He’s a great lob passer to the guys, so we want him to stay aggressive and make plays for himself and others on nights when he’s not shooting the ball that well. Obviously, we want him to do more than just stand there and shoot threes. You know, we want him to be effective and drive and get to the basket. He’s got that little Euro step in the lane, so that’s what he’s got to do.”

Before signing a three-year deal with the Mavs last summer worth a reported $46 million, Parsons filled up the stat sheet with the Rockets while averaging 14.1 points, 5.2 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.1 steals in 213 games. However, with plenty of lethal scorers around him in Dallas, Parsons hopes to transition into more of a playmaker next season while taking over some of the ball-handling duties.

Entering into a summer of rehabilitation, Parsons says he’s eager to get back on the court to show what he can do. He’s also ready to take on more responsibility with the ball in his hands, looking to operate more as a “point forward” when called upon.

“I’m going into my prime,” Parsons proclaimed after the season. “I think I’m ready. I feel like this year was more of a year to get comfortable and get my feet wet. I had some big games. Next year, I hope for a much bigger role. I want the ball in my hands. I want good players around me. I think we have a chance to make some noise next year. Like I said, this year was a little frustrating health-wise with the ankle and the foot, and then with the knee. So, my biggest goal right now is to do whatever I have to do to fix my knee, no matter how long that’s going to be. I think that’ll be good, because it will allow me to basically reset my body and take time to work on my feet and my hips. And it will allow me to get stronger than I have ever been and not too overweight, hopefully.”

He added: “With this knee injury, I think it’ll be a blessing in disguise. I’ll be able to work on all aspects of my game. I’ll be able to get much stronger, and I’ll be able to get much faster. I’ll feel like a new guy with a new game. Being 27 at the start of next year, obviously it’s not ideal. But it’s good timing, and I’ll be able to do things and spend time with things I never have before. I’ll get in the gym, work on my shot, work on everything and just continue to be a versatile player to do a little bit of everything on the floor.”[/rQUOTEr]

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Relying on Parsons will get the Mavs very far I'm sure.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What is he talking about? What big games? He's had better statistical games in his last year as a Rocket than he did this year with the Mavs. Delusional Parsons is delusional.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

A 40 year old's sloppy seconds. Pride, some people have it.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

"I'm going into my prime... number of knee bone fragments."

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Back spasms last year were a red flag....now his foot , ankle, knee...he's breaking down, so now he's got to get all that fixed.

9. a711

a711 Member

'He's a defender'

LMAO

Carlisle must have said that through gritted teeth.

10. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Parsons in houston tonight and he's at club Monroe with deandre Jordan.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oh Gawd it's happening! Chandler Parsons - The Ultimate Recruiter! If Dallas gets LMA and Deandre Jordan and then Bev goes there too... I just don't know, man...

12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

What's the deal with him taking shots at Lillard?

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lillard on the Mavs would be a historically bad defensive team.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Look at his Instagram, all it is is him partying going to Vegas, chilling at the beach lmao. Not focused on rehab or trying to improve.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's friends with him, so not taking shots at him...if anything, it's Lillard, who takes shots at Chandler. ;)

16. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Parsons must prove letting Monta go is right move

[​IMG]

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

lets see what parsons can do for the mavs as far as recruiter now like he says he would because there's no one on that roster aside from maybe an aging Dirk that a player would say I want to play with in Dallas.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Oh, a little more Chandler Parsons news: He confirmed German supermodel Toni Garrn and him are officially a couple. Like, OMG!!!</p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/613862275439419392">June 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Already off crutches, Chandler Parsons says he is on pace to be ready for Opening Night, adding there's no doubt he will be ready.</p>&mdash; Earl K. Sneed (@EarlKSneed) <a href="https://twitter.com/EarlKSneed/status/613858992729669632">June 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>