1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2013 NFL Draft/3rd Rd] Brennan Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 26, 2013.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Speaking of Winston, he too was a 3rd round pick who started as a rookie.

I think there will be improvement. The guys on the right side have a year of starting experience now. Newton WILL be healthy for the season. If the rookies are better then last years starters, then that's still an improvement.

The Texans have 6 OT on roster and they don't have a lot of money left. Highly unlikely that they bring in any FA OL.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Really liked the way we addressed our o-line this draft. I felt it was a top 3 need going into the draft, and we drafted 2 quality players to address it. Williams is our future starting RT as far as i'm concerned. Not only is he really talented, he's a LARPer; so you have to love that kind of weird.

But to get a 3rd round T/G prospect in the 6th round in Queesenbery, that was pretty great. This guy is a perfect zone-scheme RT or G. Gives us more depth at Tackle, but is also an insurance policy against something happening to Wade Smith, Brooks, or Ben Jones.

Between Newton, Harris, Gardner, Mondek, Queesenbery, and Williams, it's gonna be fun to watch how the tackles compete in camp. Very pleased Kubiak and Smith understood how important it was, not only to get another great Tackle, but to bolster the o-line depth as well.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Former third-round pick Brennan Williams headed to WWE

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...brennan-williams-headed-to-wwe-155533824.html

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

89th player taken in the draft and didnt play a single rep in the league...

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Since 2012 I cannot imagine that anyone else has been worse in the league at drafting than the Texans. Ben Jones, Crick, Hopkins, Clowney, and Blue are the only players that are even contributing at this point and there is a host of high picks who have done absolutely nothing. Hopkins is really the only guy that you can point at and say, "that was a great pick".

Su'a-Filo - 2nd Rd Pick
    DJ Swearinger - 2nd rd pick (cut after two seasons)
    Brennan Williams - 3rd Rd Pick
    Sam Montgomery - 3rd Rd Pick
    Travardo Williams - 4th Rd Pick
    Louis Nix - 3rd Rd Pick

I would venture to guess that a good team hits on 2-3 picks per year (meaning above average, meaningful contributors) and even the guys they don't hit on at least stick for a couple of years. How does Rick Smith still have a job?

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Wow..............

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Lol....................
    I mean..........

What else can you say but LOL.

8. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

Don't forget about my fellow Vandy product Andre Hal! But yeah I totally agree with you, Rick Smith is an idiot and should've been fired years ago.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Why do you all hate the Texans?

You should be happy just to have an NFL team.

10. Fantasma Negro

I can honestly say I'm not surprised by this. I heard him in an interview once and he didn't sound like a guy that just loved playing football, he played cause he's big. But the minute they started talking about cos play and science fiction crap this guy was a pig in crap. Hope he does good, maybe he jan join the new day, anyone know if he can dance?

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

12. Cannonball

Rick Smith is so stupid for drafting Quessenberry, knowing he would break his foot and then get cancer.

:rolleyes:

Call me crazy, but I'm not going to get upset at management because a player got hurt, had microfracture surgery, and just couldn't recover. It's not unlike what happened to Charles Spencer. **** happens.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Ok... Before you roll your eyes too hard, try taking a look at this list again:

Plenty there to be upset about.

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

XSF was a very good run blocker to close out the year. Are you guys actually more upset about him? Or the fact that we picked him instead of Carr/Bridgewater

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Huh? I'm not even sure he got on the field last year, and if he did it was only in spot duty.

This year he got hurt in camp but wasn't considered to be long term, and then a guy we signed off of waivers came in and took the starting Guard position from him (Oday Aboushi) and then he was inactive last week.

I get that guys get hurt but this seems to be about more than health. Louis Nix was always 'hurt' too and then he got cut because he wasn't good.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hopkins saved the 13 class. Not sure if anyone will save the 14 class

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Nix has been playing for the Giants.
    Swearinger is playing for the Bucs, picked up by the first team who could pick him up off waivers.
    Both were cut by the Texans but obviously they are not useless. They shouldn't be on the same list as Montgomery and Travardo. Brennan and Q shouldn't be there either because they had injuries/illness AFTER they got drafted. Absolutely no excuse for Montgomery and Travardo. XSF is on his way there too.

18. Cannonball

I didn't say there wasn't anything to be upset about, just that it's stupid to blame anybody because a player suffered an injury after he was drafted and couldn't play. I notice Quessenberry isn't on that list and his situation isn't all that different from what happened with Williams.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

XSF was inactive last game

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't hate the Texans
    but
    I really hate that 'You should be happy just to have an NFL team' attitude

Rocket River