1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 NCAA Tournament Game(s) thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by kaleidosky, Mar 21, 2013.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I strongly dislike Duke but they deserve some respect for hanging as long as they did. Seth Curry laid the golden goose egg in the 1st half but the deficit was only 3.

We all knew it was just a matter of time before Louisville lowered the boom. Duke just doesn't have the talent and athleticism to beat a team like this and Rick Pitino is a guy Coach K definitely can't out-strategize.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Luke Hancock plays basketball with expression of the guy who had sex with your girlfriend while you were at your mother's funeral.</p>&mdash; Ed Kupfer (@EdKupfer) <a href="https://twitter.com/EdKupfer/status/318504868644024322">March 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I won the office pool from that Louisville win. Ugly year. No one guessed more than one Final Four teams correctly besides me. 37 person pool. Woohoo 600 bucks!

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What does that even mean? Ed Kupfer is trying too hard.

So Luke looks guilty, sneaky, or exalted and dominant? Good lord.

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I think Louisville gets through to the final easily, and then gets upset by whoever wins the Mich/Syr game--which should be an awesome one. I'll go with Syr finally putting an end to Mich's run

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

The team with the most NBA talent usually wins... Michigan currently has 3 first rounders in the upcoming draft (Burke, Hardaway Jr, Robinson Jr)... we'll see how that plays out, but I agree that it should be a great game. Prob rooting for Syracuse and Wichita, and Wichita all the way now that my teams are out lol.

7. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Went to Michigan, so I am happy to see them advance to the final four. The talent is their but if they are to win it they will have two tough teams in their way. Syracuse is known for their killer zone. Michigan was able to exploit Florida's zone with Stauskis hitting all those corner 3's. It will be interesting to see just how Syracuse's zone differes from Florida's and if it will create problems for Michigan's offense.

If Michigan can get by Syracuse, chances are they would meet Louisville in the finals. Now Louisville will provide a different challenge as their fullcourt press and tight man to man D seemed to take Duke out of their game. Burke and Hardaway are great ball handlers and Stauskis and Robinson can push the ball forward as well. Also Michigan is about as athletic as any team in the nation so I would expect them to beat Louisville's press. The thing that worries me about Louisville is their interior size. Michigan has had trouble against good teams with size in the post like Indiana and Louisville is no different.

8. kaleidosky

Weird that someone moved this to the NBA Draft forum.

Time for the Final Four! I think Louisville will dominate, and Syracuse will squeak by when Michigan doesn't shoot well enough over the zone

9. Nextup

Nextup Member

How many people had the shockers to win it all?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wichita State really gonna make this miracle run and go all the way, huh? :p

Nope. Tough loss. Good job, good effort. Nice run for them.

'Grats to Louisville.

#210 J.R., Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

This is a free throw contest.

12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

What a terrible call

13. BALLhog 247 365

rigged...louisville got away with murder

14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

What an awful tie up call..you don't make that there.

15. kaleidosky

bad call, but they called a terrible tie up the other way about 5 mins earlier

16. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

The louisvile guy barely got a hand on the ball and they gave it to them? And wth is possession arrow

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>for those watching the pundits (my guys: Chuck, Kenny, Greg) the definition of a jump ball is that there must be a two 'tugging' the ball.</p>&mdash; Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) <a href="https://twitter.com/PhilJackson11/status/320699465033981953">April 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

After looking at one of the replays, the jump-ball call was correct. At first, it appeared Wichita State got robbed.

19. buffalobills!!!

20. kaleidosky

michigan crushing the zone right now. I think they gotta put more pressure on McGary when he hits the middle of the zone