1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 29, 2012.

1. jvu

jvu Member

if I was the GM W/ the 1st pick. I would totally draft nerlens Noel simply for his flattop. Bringing back the 80s baby!

2. airpirate545

airpirate545 Member

I wish we could draft Cody Zeller as well, but I read that he intends to follow the path of his brothers and stay in college for 4 years. I would be really happy to get a guy like Shabazz but getting anywhere in the top 3 seems like a pipe dream with our current talent :(

3. rockets06

rockets06 Member

Actually glad we didn't get Howard or Bynum on a 1yr rental. So excited to see this young team develop. But as for the 2013 draft, center should be the priority. Don't feel as if we'll get the #1 pick for Noel and I don't see Zeller coming out after 2yrs. So my focus is mainly on how Austin develops throughout the year, with adding weight and working on his post moves at Baylor.

4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Watching highlights of Shabazz, he seems to chuck away quite a bit. I also don't think he's quite the athlete people might think he is. He's pretty much always jumping off two feet. Those guys generally don't do as well. Derrick Williams for example is a two feet jumper also.
    We'll see how he does in college. From what little I've seen so far he doesn't seem to be an elite prospect, though.

Zeller, I really like. Too bad he's another PF. :)

Also like the french guy with the insane wingspan. His frame worries me a bit, but the talent is certainly there.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OdTECazexFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OdTECazexFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also kinda like the fat Canadian guy, who of course is also a PF. :p

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iEfevuMV_Dk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. htownbball

htownbball Member

Center

Gorgui Dieng

6'11 235lb center from Louisville.

Intelligent kid that's newer to the game, but already productive. Hard worker from what I can tell and very unselfish. Averaged 9 PPG with 9 RPG and 3 BPG as a sophomore. Good athlete who can run the floor and jump and block shots. Already shows a little potential offensively with a baby hook shot. Needs to develop some footwork in the post, but his calling card will be his defense. 22 years old as a sophomore and will be 23 by 2013 draft. Worth taking a shot in the late 1st if we can somehow get an extra pick.

6. nono

nono Member

First pick goes to the Magic. We must think about the other 9 picks.

7. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

C.J. McCollum seems to be a diamond in the rough.

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Sure hope we can somehow get our hands on this guy! Dmo-Gobert front court would be sick!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FXSgw_epvDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

Dario Saric scored 39 points, grabbed 11 rebs, 4 assists in Euro U-18 championship finals where Croatie beat Lithuania 88-76. He lead tourney in average points, second in rebounds, 5th in blocked shots, 10th in assists. Most mock drafts have him in 10-20 positions but I will be surprised if he won't come in top5 when he enters the draft. If he still will be underlooked by the end of the season, I hope rockets will use the situation. No other international youngster has shown these kind of numbers in euro/international competition since rubio. His style reminds me of D-mo with killer post-moves and long jump-shots, 3-pointers. His weakness are unstable outside shooting and physical strength (he's dominant against same age, but struggles in men's basketball). However, he will get stronger and he'll be too fast for opponent PF's as he's 6-10 but moves in a speed of PG.

10. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I like him. Thanks guys for showing some euros.

11. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Dario's highlights from the tournament:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vNqpjnuUvqQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

13. JD88

JD88 Member

I always thought he was better then he gets credit for. Almost 23 so he has a low ceiling, will make a good role player in a few years. He's only been playing basketball 4 years.

He got embarrassed against UK both times, but as much as I hate UL I think he should be a late lottery pick.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not much to really see in this video other than he's 7 foot and can dunk on 5'10" white guys who dont know how to box out for defensive rebounds.

However, we do know that he's now going to be playing for Cholet in France this year so we might be able to get a better scoup on his development as the year goes on. Defenitely someone to watch. If he develops well, improves dramatically on the offensive end, and puts on good lean mass then reports are he could be a potential lottery pick.

If he just sort of stays where he's at then he "might" go in the second round or even have to wait till 2014 to be drafted and stashed in Europe.

I dont think he's someone that Rockets scouts will go crazy over, but I do think they will watch his development very closely.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Wow, mock draft has him going 4th overall. That's crazy.

16. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

He was playing for Cholet last year also. See the vid in my earlier post.
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OdTECazexFo?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I don't want to compare him to Valanciunas, as the two are pretty much the same age and Valanciunas -- while still pretty raw himself -- is further along in his development and has played against (much) higher competition, however the two do seem to bring similar things to the table.

Maybe the Rockets won't go crazy over the guy, but I don't see why they wouldn't at least be intrigued if the were high on Valanciunas as well (which they apparently were).

17. jocar

jocar Member

Yeah but his name is funner to say

18. jvu

jvu Member

Yeah but Noel's hair is funner to see

19. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EtQ9vk7j0L8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Want.

20. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I like Cody, but I think Dmo is just as good if not better. Plus, he's taller with better wingspan.