1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 Kentucky Wildcats basketball recruiting class

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Progs

Progs Member

Imagine if they get Andrew Wiggins next, no one will be able to beat them next season... SMH If they land Wiggins you are looking at a class that will never be top... I can see Calipari leaving if Kentucky wins it all next season, considering how hard is to win year and year out with freshman... Plus he will never have class as good as the one in 2013... Let's take a closer look at that class if they get Wiggins...

Andrew Wiggins top 1 player...
    Julius Randle top 3 player...
    Andrew Harrison top 5 player...
    Aaron Harrison top 5 player...
    James Young top 10 player...
    Dakari Johnson top 12 player...
    Marcus Lee top 20 player...
    Derek Willis top 100 player...

Wow talk about a team who can beat some of the low tie NBA east teams...

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, 2 top 20 prospects wouldn't even be starters. That's gotta suck for their value.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

It would be huge but definitely need Goodwin, Cauley-Stein, and Poythress back.

Definitely 2 out of the 3.

4. 713

713 Member

Our generation fab five :)

5. Progs

Progs Member

Yep Fab 5, but with a great bench of freshman...

C- Dakari Johnson
    Pf- Julius Randle
    Sf- Andrew Wiggins
    Sg- Aaron Harrison
    Pg- Andrew Harrison

6th man- James Young
    Marcus Lee
    Derek Willis

Plus the returning players coming back...

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Wiggins doesn't go to Kentucky, they will not live up to their billing next year. They need him worse than people realize.

Hopefully he goes to Florida State.

7. CertifiedTroll

As a Duke fan, I hope he goes to UNC. The Duke v. UNC game would be so epic with Jabari vs Wiggins

8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Duke would beat them. Just as good of a recruiting class bringing in Jabari, Semi and Matt. Also Rodney Hood will be eligible next year with Amile and Sulaimon returning. Coach K will always have the coaching advantage over Cal. Duke is going to have a squad next year with a few experienced players leading the way (Cook, Thornton, Jefferson, Sulaimon). I'd take that experience and coaching any day.

9. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

Duke and kentucky are both going to be pretty great next year. and if wiggins does go to kentucky, and most of the current freshman stay that team is going to be loaded, and extremely interesting to follow.

hey progs, do u know anything about uh's basketball recruiting class for next year?

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My 13 year old calls them the Sick Six

11. Progs

Progs Member

Lurch don't forget another Plumlee will be with Duke next season and Hairston is a solid role player that can bang inside...Duke will actually have athletic players next season, along with talent... Kentucky and Duke might be the cream of the crop for next season, and there will be a big gap between those two and the rest of the college teams...

12. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I completely agree. I meant no disrespect towards either Marshall or Josh. Josh is a great hustle player and I like what he bring defensively. Plumlee is going to be interesting to watch. He's a 7 footer so hopefully he can turn that into an advantage. I'm anxious to see the kid play. If he reaches his potential, it may be destined for Duke vs Kentucky in the National Championship.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

4 of the top 10, 6 of the top 20.

and they may still get andrew wiggins.

:eek:

14. howo13579

howo13579 Member

As Kentucky fan, I hope at least a couple of players would stay more than 1 year. No matter how much talent we have, without leadership, there wouldn't be NCAA title.

15. CertifiedTroll

Also as a reminder, wasn't Shabazz Muhammad supposed to be a lock for first pick of this years draft?? To early to tell how these kids pan out. For all you know Aaron Gordon could land number one pick over Wiggins.

16. SK34

SK34 Member

Well since you're a certified troll, I will just act like I didn't read this.

17. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Kentucky will go undefeated even without wiggins. punk ass duke cant even lick the leftover sauce off U.K.s plate. Yall r trippin with the duke talk. wiggins could go to duke and we would still smash them raggedy, preppy, mommas boys.

18. lionaire

lionaire Member

Didn't Duke beat Kentucky earlier this season or did you forget already? I'm gonna guess you forgot since the season ended so long ago for you guys.

19. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Don't hold your breath on the 3rd Plumlee, at least not offensively. But keep an eye out for both Rodney Hood & Amile Jefferson - they could make for an amazing 4 rotation.

I just hope Parker 1) rebounds from his injuries & 2) buys into Coach K's system.

20. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Julius Randle is the best player in this class right now hes an athletic zach randolph.