1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 Google Nexus Devices

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Not as fast as Nexus editions, because 4.3 is out and HTC ONE GE and GS4 GE is still on 4.2.2 but it should be a hell of a lot faster.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

3. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

just saw this thread. beat me to it in the 2013 smartphone thread. :)

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm curious when this will be released. Might just sell my nexus 4 now and wait for this. I have an older phone that will get me by.

5. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

A 5 inch screen and smaller overall than the Nexus 4? Now that's bad ass...

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is my next phone.

7. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

that battery feels small to me.

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Just got a Nexus 4.

9. Scionxa

Unfortunately I believe this is an issue with software optimization. I have a Nokia Lumia 520 with a 1430mah battery and it beats the **** out of most Android phones I've ever used with regard to battery.

Despite the battery size though, I am most definitely getting the Nexus. I absolutely refuse to a buy a non Nexus Android phone. I always get tempted with new releases but I just can't pull the trigger anymore.

No offense, but it's a ****ing shame that great devices like the HTC One are still on 4.1.1. I refuse to be a carrier or manufacturers b****.

No, I don't root nor develop for Android anymore. Not worth my time, but I'm still a user and Nexus is all I can recommend if you're considering Android.

I've changed bro.

#49 Scionxa, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  10. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Me too, especially if they based it off the G2. Why not put the same battery in there? I think that snapdragon 800 will eat it alive unless they leave it at 720p screen instead of 1080p

11. BiGGieStuFF

Do Windows phones have any software that always tracks your location? I think that is the main battery killer for android. I like my google now but I can stretch that battery out forever if i turn off location services.

12. ItsMyFault

I personally wouldn't mind if it was a 720p screen. It really doesn't matter to me, battery life is definitely more important. I believe the Moto X has a 2300mah battery also but they've managed to get that to last a while.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Moto X doesn't a quad core 2.2 ghz chip driving a 1080p display. When you try to put the latest and greatest you have to think about the battery.

14. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I used the 520, and the only reason the battery lasts so long is because it has absolutely no apps or any services that an average Android/iPhone user uses/needs.

Once I installed Whatsapp on my Nokia, it started draining just as quickly as my HTC One.

15. BiGGieStuFF

It's the X8 processing that allows it to do so I'm sure. The nexus 4 is 2100mah battery so the mini-bump is welcomed. I wouldn't mind a 720p screen either but if it's not 1080p, the masses would scream that the phone isn't that much of an upgrade. Obviously the most important part is the price point. Hopefully they can keep that close to what the N4 was when it released.

16. Scionxa

Odd. I have What'sApp installed along with three Microsoft Exchange accounts and don't notice much drain.

However, you still make a good point on there being a ton more going on, on other platforms.

17. ItsMyFault

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say though. I like the concept of the Moto X where you don't have to have the latest and greatest. I think it's a bit overblown to have the best specs. The phone will still perform great without all of that.

Agreed.

18. BiGGieStuFF

Funny though, that Samsung is projecting to have S4, S3, and NOte 2 on 4.3 by october. They might get the 4.3 update faster than the google edition S4.

19. Scionxa

20. BiGGieStuFF