1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2013] Do you think Morey should be fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 8, 2013.

?

Should Morey be fired?

Poll closed Jul 15, 2013.
  1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. No

319 vote(s)
    87.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passdarock

passdarock Member

Let's start with firing McHale first and see if that doesn't solve the problem.

2. chandlerbang21

Morey statistics don't seem to count defense when evaluating a player

3. passdarock

passdarock Member

Morey doesn't know basketball, he knows numbers and how to make trades. Though his trades are sometimes not so good.

4. texansalltheway

I have a feeling Morley will pull of the impossible, and sign lebron james in the offseason

5. omgTHEpotential

FFS. Stupid thread.

Morey basically rebuilt us to a contender without even tanking. He's a yoda of GMs.

6. passdarock

passdarock Member

Based on the games this season, you think were are a contender?

In my opinion, Morey wasn't the one who convinced Dwight to come here. Dwight decided to come here. Harden didn't chose to be here but OKC didn't have any better offers. So, the Harden trade is bad trade by OKC and as a result it benefited the rockets. In my opinion, Morey didn't do anything extraordinary as GM to get him. OkC just messed up.

7. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

He's a great GM, he's done excellent. I don't want him gone.

I want him to lure in a new coach that can give these group of guys what they need to take it further.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, but he needs work as a leader.

DD

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is indeed a problem. MOFs.

But it is going to be annoying with all that Morey talk : 'I think we had Patterson as a Top 6 prospect, well, now we have Royce White as a Top 5 prospect. And Morris is Top 10 as well.'

'I think all we need is a 3rd player to step up (knowing half the bench are minimal wage players).' (Terrence stepped up and the team is still borderline 5th seed with an average record against West teams).

'We have the Top C and the Top SG in the game.' (well Top C but Hibbert, Marc Gasol, Lopez are very close with their production when not injured) (Top C has problems against Perkins, Ibaka, Hibbert, Randolph, Davis....)
    (Top SG is because Wade is declining and Kobe hurt, Gordon has been average).

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You're entitled to your opinion. You're entitled to troll. But you are an intergalactic idiot. It took years of finagling to be in a position to trade for Harden and sign Howard.

Is the team complete? No. Will we be? Time will tell. I don't count Morey out.

1 person likes this.
  11. NotChandlerParsons

He also spent years maneuvering in order for us to be in position to get those players. I remember how hard he got lambasted in the offseason before we traded for Harden. "Daryl Morey, the genius who outsmarted himself." He's never been afraid to make difficult choices to eventually make us true contender and that's continued with us not sending out a bunch of picks for Ryan Anderson or Paul Millsap or whom ever.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

13. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

Talent is there. Coaching is not.

14. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Holy ****! Please tell me your joking.

How exactly do you think trades work?
    "OKC didn't have any better offers"

Wow. What a coincidence. It seems like the Rockets stockpiling assets and picks enabled them to have the best offer.Wonder how that happened. Must have been magic.

That Kyle Lowry for Toronto's pick turned out to be really helpful. How lucky we randomly pulled off that trade. Must have been magic again.

Harden wanted a max contract. He was at the time a bench player. Never made an all-star game. His biggest accomplishment was winning sixth man of the year. The same award guys like Aaron Brooks and Jason Terry have won. We somehow knew given an expanded role, he would be worth the max despite multiple other teams including OKC doubted it, and weren't willing to give it to him. I guess it was time machine magic.

Now Dwight...

Well he's a free agent. Hmmm...

I sure hope we have enough cap space to sign him. Oh look wow, we did. One of the five or six teams in the entire league that did. Man, this sure is some powerful magic.

And Dwight decided to come here... not based on the prospect of playing with Harden or for McHale. Not based on the success the Rockets had last year with basically a brand new team, with one of the youngest average age in the NBA.

Those presentations and meetings he held with the five or six teams with the space to sign him, were just a waste of time. Howard was ready to pick the Rockets simply because of....Magic!

Clearly the answer is to fire Morey and hire Gandalf. We need more magic!

15. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Hmm well then when he threw money at Asik it must have been for his offensive prowess

16. whozee

whozee Member

If you substitute the "weed" for "magic" its pretty funny

17. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

Never won GM of the year. Never won any championships. Therefore cannot be considered as the best. Therefore there is a possibility that he gets sacked if we can upgrade :).

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dwight wouldn't have come here if the Rox didn't have Harden, Lin and Parsons all of whom Morey acquired. The Rox wouldn't have Harden if Morey hadn't traded Rafer Alston for Lowry years back.

You think using Rafer Alston to get Harden isn't extra ordinary? :rolleyes: Granted this team isn't a contender yet but the rebuilding his done has earned Morey a lot of rep. He's basically one of the main reasons 80% of FOs right now have a numbers guy GM or has a numbers guy in the Front Office, has been players like Chris Wallace and Joe Dumars are getting phased out for number crunchers like Ujiri and Presti.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The real GM of the Rockets?

[​IMG]

#99 RV6, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  20. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

No, that offense WILL win at a championship level.

The issue is we haven't found a way for that offense to work in the half-court.

Fast-break? Yes.
    Fast- Paced? Yes

In the half-court? No. One way is the pick & roll, but we need some creative plays that let the players get open 3s or drives the roll. In the half-court, it's pass to James and then everyone stands there. Or it's pass to Dwight down low, and everyone stands there.

We need some offensive creativity in the half-court that allows us to get open 3s or easy looks down low.

Kevin McFail is not doing that. Secondly, we need a defensive scheme. We have none.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.