1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013-2014 Magic Numbers against the Western Conference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScriboErgoSum, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Things are turning as most people on this board expected. Rockets staying at the 4 spot, likely facing Portland or GS. Phoenix to drop off the playoff race after a pretty good start. Good predictions, people.

The stars are lining up for a trip to the Conference finals, and before any purists say we must take whoever comes, I would just state that the NBA is a game of matchups. We matchup very well against Portland, GS and even San Antonio, and terribly against OKC and the Clips, so if the playoff brackets favors us, just be grateful.

Morey spoke of variance when this team was lacking in the talent department and while talent has definitely greatly improved, something has to happen to change the dynamics if we are fortunate enough to face either of those two teams in the WC finals. My guess is small ball as tradional lineups have not been useful against our current nemesis.

Again, great thread.

2. dje243

dje243 Member

http://www.nbaplayoffsbracket.com/2014/index.php

I really like where we're sitting right now. I think it gives us the best chance to make it to the WCF. We have home court advantage over Portland. Hopefully the spurs knock off Memphis and we get a shot at them. A healthy spurs team is no joke, but I think we match up with them well. If we're able to do that we most likely face OKC or LAC in the WCF. That would probably be the end of the line for us but I'll take it.

3. quizone

quizone Member

avoid your nemeses as much as possible. why make your own life harder?

4. HookemHorns1250

Amazing thread once again. I''ll definitely be checking this one out routinely during the day!

I guess..In a weird way I'm not that scared of LAC as some fans are. Yes, I know we have a horrible record vs them...but I just don't see where the real miss-match in the line ups are.

Bev played outstanding against Chris Paul. One thing I'd like to see is the Twin Towers be unleashed against LAC. Match their physical play on the boards.

I'm not pulling for LAC by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just not ready to say it's over if we get LAC.

I would love...a Portland first round, and San Antonio 2nd...give or take LAC in the second, as even though our record against the Spurs is the complete opposite...it's the Spurs....

Oh well, should come out to be one heck of a playoff scenario

Thanks again for the thread and I'll be checking back tomorrow night.

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Seems as good a place as any for this:

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Nice article. Thanks.

I think the author really encapsulates the state of the WC. Three teams that are playing at an elite level in OKC, the Clippers and San Antonio. Just below them is Houston, who record-wise, could be categorized as an elite team.

Still, once the playoffs start, you can throw all the regular season stuff out of the window. Any of those top teams can come out of the West if they get hot and having superstars in Howard and Harden should give some assurance that we will do well.

One more thing about the writer: he is right, it is going to be a damn war.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Right now, this is the perfect spot, but with the way portland is free falling (they had to take the worst team in the league to OT) we need the 3rd seed. Portland will most likely fall to 6th and GS will goto 5th. We can beat both, but Portland will be the easiest.

8. amak316

amak316 Member

I'm very worried about this coming stretch. We haven't closed out a regular season under McHale positively yet.

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The Clippers have the front court size and athleticism to win/neutralize/or at least make it very tough for Dwight. Also, as tenacious as Bev is, CP3 is smarter, quicker, and great at flopping in critical moments (which I'm not intending to use as a back handed complement...just stating a matter of fact). Their overall guard quickness is a problem for our guards. Their wings can shoot.

10. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Games&nbsp;&nbsp;H2H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Div&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Con&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Overall&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Magic&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</B>
    <B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Team&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W/L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;H2H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Left&nbsp;&nbsp; TB&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Div&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TB&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Conf&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TB&nbsp;&nbsp;TieBreak&nbsp;&nbsp;Number &nbsp;Diff</B>
    &nbsp;1&nbsp;Spurs&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;50-16&nbsp;&nbsp;10-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-3&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;28-10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;21</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;2&nbsp;OKC&nbsp;Thieves&nbsp;&nbsp;49-18&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;29-12&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;20</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;3&nbsp;Clippers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;48-21&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;29-12&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;17</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;4&nbsp;Rockets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;45-22&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-4&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;25-17
    &nbsp;5&nbsp;Blazers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;44-24&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;4-6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-20&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;13</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;6&nbsp;Warriors&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;43-26&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-17&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;11</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;7&nbsp;Mavericks&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;41-27&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-5&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;21-18&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;11</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;8&nbsp;Grizzlies&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;39-27&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;3-11&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;21-19&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;10</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;9&nbsp;Suns&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;38-29&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;5-5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;23-19&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;8</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    10&nbsp;Wolves&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;33-32&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;18-22&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    11&nbsp;Nuggets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;30-37&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;5-5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;16-23&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    12&nbsp;Pelicans&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;27-39&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;4-6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;3-10&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;11-29&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Plucked</B>
    13&nbsp;Kings&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-44&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;4-6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;12-28&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Deposed</B>

* Indicates the Tie Break is final

<B>Clinched the #11 seed</B>

Here is the latest batch of Magic Numbers after all games were played on <B>3/18</B>.

Blazers don’t look good in winning
    Portland had lost 5 of 6 and needed a pickmeup, and there’s nothing better for that than a visit by the league worst Bucks. The Blazers, however, needed a Damian Lillard with 4.9 seconds left to force overtime. They did take care of business in the extra frame and won 120-115. Wesley Matthews led the team with 26 points, and Nicolas Batum had a near triple double with 21 points, 9 boards, and 9 assists. Damian Lillard scored 20 points on 7-21 and handed out 4 assists against 5 turnovers. The Blazers stay two up on Golden State for #5 but look shaky. They really need Aldridge back.

The Bucks lose their fifth straight and maintain their effective two game lead on Sam Hinkie’s Tanking Machine. Sam Hinkie’s Tanking Machine is not happy. It calculated the probabilites after Aldridge’s back injury and this was supposed to be a Bucks win. The numbers must lie, but the numbers never lie! Sam Hinkie’s Tanking Machine does not like contradictions.

Golden State feasts on the weak
    The Warriors went on an 18-0 run in the second half and coasted to an easy 103-89 victory. Stephen Curry led the Warriors with 23 points, and Klay Thompson and David Lee each added 20. If the Blazers fall, Golden State looks most poised to vault up. I’d really rather face the Blazers, but I also think Golden State would have a decent chance (and certainly better than Portland’s) at knocking off the Clippers.

Wednesday Games
    Not much of interest tomorrow night. The Spurs should run their winning streak to 11 against the Lakers. Memphis should beat the Jazz, but the Wolves might put up a fight against Dallas.

Spurs at Lakers, Jazz at Grizz, Wolves at Mavs, Pistons at Nuggets

1 person likes this.
  11. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

update!! lol cant let this magical thread slip away

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

bump for update.

13. try

try Member

To pass the time until ScriboErgoSum provides the next of his wonderful posts, I updated the table as good as I could (I hope I didn't make a mistake).

<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Games&nbsp;&nbsp;H2H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Div&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Con&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Overall&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Magic&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</B>
    <B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Team&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W/L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;H2H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Left&nbsp;&nbsp; TB&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Div&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TB&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Conf&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TB&nbsp;&nbsp;TieBreak&nbsp;&nbsp;Number &nbsp;Diff</B>
    &nbsp;1&nbsp;Spurs&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;52-16&nbsp;&nbsp;10-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-3&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;30-10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;20</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;2&nbsp;OKC&nbsp;Thieves&nbsp;&nbsp;51-18&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;29-12&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;19</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;3&nbsp;Clippers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;48-21&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;29-12&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;16</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;4&nbsp;Rockets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;46-22&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-4&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;26-17
    &nbsp;5&nbsp;Blazers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;45-24&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;4-6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-20&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;12</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;6&nbsp;Warriors&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;44-26&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;8-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-17&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;10</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;7&nbsp;Mavericks&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;42-28&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-5&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;22-19&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 9</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-2)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;8&nbsp;Grizzlies&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;40-28&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;3-11&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;22-19&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 8</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-2)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;9&nbsp;Suns&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;40-29&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;5-5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;23-19&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    10&nbsp;Wolves&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;34-33&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;19-23&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-3)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    11&nbsp;Nuggets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;31-38&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;16-24&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Demolished</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    12&nbsp;Pelicans&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;28-40&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;5-5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;3-10&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;11-29&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Plucked</B>
    13&nbsp;Kings&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-45&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;4-6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;12-29&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Deposed</B>

Clinched the #10 seed

Here is the latest batch of Magic Numbers after all games were played on 3/21.

With the win against the Wolves, the Rockets have won the season series against them and thus that magic number is cut in half by this game alone. Also, that last win made it impossible to the Nuggets to catch us.
    The other top teams didn't do us any favors, winning all their games; the Clippers had some rest.
    The Suns have won their last two games, and with the Mavericks and the Grizzlies each splitting their last two, the race for the last playoff spots has become tighter again.

Saturday Games
    The Clippers and the Rockets shouldn't have any problems going up against struggling eastern teams. The Trail Blazers could struggle against a disciplined Bobcats team in Charlotte. The Grizzlies have to go up in the super-grind game at home against the Pacers. The ultimate match to be looking at are the Spurs at the Warriors, that could be fun.

Trail Blazers at Bobcats, Rockets at Cavaliers, Pacers at Grizzlies, Spurs at Warriors, Pistons at Clippers

14. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I think the playoff seeding will come out eventually just as it stands now. Following are my reasoning and analysis, that include both the analytics by playoffstatus.com and the unquantifiable motivational factors as I see them.

The overall picture is that all top eight teams would want to or have to stay where they are as it stands now. Many crucial games will happen in the last ten days of the regular season so last-day turn-around is possible. But I would say 80% the final seeding would end up like the following:

#1 Spurs: Home court advantage all the way. Would rather face Thunder or Clippers in the final. 68% chance to stay at #1 seed and 30% to slip to #2 within the current WC dynamics.

#2 Thunder: They have a tougher schedule (one more top-7 championship contender and one more B2B game) than the Spurs to advance to the #1, even if they want to for whatever reasons. 55% to remain at #2 and 31% to get to #1. Also Westbrook is still on limited minutes and they don't have balanced scoring as the Spurs. KD had to play 52 minutes and score 51 points last night to pull out an overtime one-point win against Toronto. Advancing to #1 is possible but not probable and realistically may bring more bad than good for OKC down the road.

#3 Clippers: Think they can beat any one any way so not much motivation to advance to #2. *84% to remain at #3 and 14% to advance to #2. Would rather rest their core in preparation for the playoffs. They also have one 5-game road stretch in the remaining 13 games. Followed by a 5-game home stretch though.

#4 Rockets: Think all stars have aligned perfectly for them now. Every reason to avoid Thunder and Clippers in the first two rounds. 77% chance to remain at #4 and 18% to drop to #5. Less than 1% chance to advance to #3 even the three games against the Spurs, Clippers and Thunder are winnable at home.

#5 Blazers: They definitely want to get out of their current slump as it's going to look more like the 10-game tanking last year. But with another round of 5-game road trip starting 3/22, which includes four Eastern playoff teams, it's likely they will lose a few more winnable games. They lost four in their last 5-game road stretch which included four Western playoff teams. *52% chance to remain at #5 and 24% to drop To #6.*

#6 Warriors: *51% chance to remain at #6 and 15% to drop to #7. 26% chance to get ahead of the Blazers to get to #5, but they think they have a better chance with the Clippers, as many of their fans think that Rockets are their worst matchup.

#7 Mavericks: They have the toughest remaining schedule among the five teams fighting for the last four playoff seats. 49% chance to remain at #7 and 24% to drop #8. 24% chance to get ahead of Warriors.*

#8 Grizzlies: They seem to still want to get higher in the standings for pride or whatever, but have more teams motivated to pull them down than any other teams in the playoff race. 45% chance to remain at #8 and 26% to drop out of the playoffs. 21% to advance to #7.*

#9 Suns: Seem still determined to fight for their first playoff in years. 63% chance to remain out of playoffs but 24% to overtake the Griz and sneak in.

15. j3i

j3i Member

Thanks for the update try!

16. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Looks likely we be #4 and play the slumping Blazers or the red hot Warriors.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Not too long ago I was thinking the 4 spot was the place to be because of how this team has handled the Spurs .... But that aint the same Spurs team they beat three times. That's the Machine that gets it rolling at the end of the season .... and just finds a way to punish opponents. They are playing the best ball in the NBA right now and are healthy.
    That potential game 7 on their court .... ugh. Better not let it come to that , steal one early and hold serve @ home , win it in 6.

No matter who the Rockets draw should they make the second round , its gonna be a dogfight.

Going to be a hell of a playoff bracket.

18. try

try Member

&nbsp;1&nbsp;Spurs&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;53-16&nbsp;&nbsp;10-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-3&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;31-10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;19</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;2&nbsp;OKC&nbsp;Thieves&nbsp;&nbsp;51-18&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;29-12&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;18</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;3&nbsp;Clippers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;49-21&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;29-12&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;15</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;4&nbsp;Rockets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;47-22&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-4&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;26-17
    &nbsp;5&nbsp;Blazers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;45-25&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;4-6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-20&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;10</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-2)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;6&nbsp;Warriors&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;44-27&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-18&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;8</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-2)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;7&nbsp;Mavericks&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;42-28&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-5&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;22-19&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 8</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;8&nbsp;Grizzlies&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;41-28&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;3-11&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;22-19&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 7</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;9&nbsp;Suns&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;40-29&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;5-5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;23-19&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    10&nbsp;Wolves&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;34-33&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;19-23&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2</B>&nbsp;&nbsp; (-1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    11&nbsp;Nuggets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;31-38&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;16-24&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Demolished</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    12&nbsp;Pelicans&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;29-40&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;3-10&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;11-29&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Plucked</B>

Clinched the #10 seed

Here is the latest batch of Magic Numbers after all games were played on 3/22.

No problem for the Rockets
    After a strong start, the Rockets let the Cavs hang on, but an explosive third quarter by James Harden who finished the game with a stellar statline of 37 points, 11 assists and 4 steals sealed the deal on the 118-111 win. Our young bigmen Jones and Motiejunas scored a combined 25 points on 9/10 from the field (more post-ups for D-Mo, please!).

The top 4 distance themselves
    Two strong quarters were enough for the Clippers to beat the Pistons 112-103. Lead by Chris Paul (28/15/6STL) and Blake Griffin (25/7/7), the starters got it done for the Clippers that have now won 12 of their last 13 games.
    In the top matchup of the day, the Spurs handled the Warriors on the road despite resting Duncan and Ginobili, winning 99-90. The abscence of Iguodala really hurts Golden State, his replacement Barnes didn't do much in this game. The Spurs got outrebounded and missed a ton of uncontested shots, but the Warriors turned the ball over too much and didn't hit their threes. Tiago Splitter had his fourth double-double in his last six games with 17 points and 14 rebounds, he only had one in the whole season before this stretch.

Portland continues to struggle
    The Trail Blazers got beat up by the Bobcats who could even allow Al Jefferson to get some rest. Without LMA, Portland was basically outplayed in every aspect of the game. Big Al did his work on his beloved left block while also finding the open shooters, he had 28 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists in just 29 minutes on the floor. Portland hit a paltry 40,5% from the field, played bad defense and thus lost 94-124.

The battle for the last playoff spots
    Of the three main contestants for the last two playoff spots, only Memphis had a game today. Luckily for them, Indiana continued to struggle, especially on the offensive end, shooting an abysmal 36,5% in their 71-82 loss. Only two players were in double digits for the first seed from the east, one of them being Lance Stephenson who was the only Pacer to reach his usual form, putting up 15 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists on 6/11 shooting. The leading scorer for the Grizzlies was Mike Conley with 21 points, while Mike Miller hit four of his six three-point attempts coming off the bench.

Cellar Dwellers
    The Pelicans upset the reigning champions, winning 105-95 against the struggling Miami Heat that are only 4-6 in their last ten games. Anthony Davis continued his fantastic stretch of games, he averages 32.3/13.5 with 2.5 blocks and 2.4 assists over his last eight games.

Sunday Games
    None of the top six teams plays today, however, there are two important games in the race for the last playoff spots, and both could be tough: Suns at Timberwolves and Nets at Mavericks

4 people like this.
  19. try

try Member

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Games&nbsp;&nbsp;H2H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Div&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Con&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Overall&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Magic
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Team&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W/L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;H2H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Left&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TB&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Div&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TB&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Conf&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TB&nbsp;&nbsp;Tiebreak&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Number&nbsp;&nbsp;Diff
    &nbsp;1&nbsp;&nbsp;Spurs&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;53-16&nbsp;&nbsp;10-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;31-10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;19&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;2&nbsp;&nbsp;Thunder&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;51-18&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;29-12&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No*&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;18&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;3&nbsp;&nbsp;Clippers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;49-21&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;29-12&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No*&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;15&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;4&nbsp;&nbsp;Rockets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;47-22&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;26-17&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;5&nbsp;&nbsp;Blazers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;45-25&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;4-6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-20&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;6&nbsp;&nbsp;Warriors&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;44-27&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-18&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;8&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;7&nbsp;&nbsp;Grizzlies&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;41-28&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;3-11&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;22-19&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;8&nbsp;&nbsp;Mavericks&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;42-29&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;22-19&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)
    &nbsp;9&nbsp;&nbsp;Suns&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;41-29&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-19&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    10&nbsp;&nbsp;Wolves&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;34-34&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;5-5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;19-24&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)
    11&nbsp;&nbsp;Nuggets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;32-38&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;16-24&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Dusted
    12&nbsp;&nbsp;Pelicans&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;29-40&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;3-10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;11-29&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Plucked

Clinched the #10 seed
    13 games remaining for the Rockets

Here is the latest batch of Magic Numbers after all games were played on 3/23.

The battle for the last playoff spots
    The Mavericks jumped out to an early 14-point lead and were able to hold it pretty comfortably until the end of the third quarter when the Nets went on a 13-0 run to take the lead while Dallas was bricking one jumpshot after another. Shaun Livingston totally disrespected Nowitzki, taking him to the post to score on a beautiful turnaround jumper two times on this run. Nowitzki missed two chances to seal the deal in regulation and so Joe Johnson sent the game into overtime after just walking right to the rim for a layup. With 1:25 left in overtime, Johnson attracted three defenders and found a wide open Deron Williams for three, 103-95 Nets. The dagger? No, because Ellis made two ridiculous three-pointers to bring the deficite down to one, but Pierce converted his free throws, Ellis missed the desperation hieve and the Mavericks lose 104-107 (you can click on the boxscore or the play-by-play to see videos of the specific plays). Nowitzki sucked, he shot 2-12 from the field for 10 points, but thanks to Ellis (32 points) and a great performance by Samuel Dalembert (12 points, 15 rebounds, 7 blocks), Dallas stayed in the game so long. Joe Johnson (22 points) and Marcus Thornton (20 points) were the top scorers for Brooklyn.
    The Suns on the other hand survived a tough game against the Timberwolves after getting heavily outscored in the first quarter. Led by their explosive backcourt of Dragic and Bledsoe (combined 39 points, 11 assists) and a great game by Markieff Morris from the bench (25 points, 10/13 from the field), they were able to benefit from yet another choking job by Minnesota in crunchtime. Kevin Love (close to a triple-double with 36/14/9) hit just one of his last six shots and held the ball way too long without making a decision. Basically, the Wolves bricked jumpshots while the Suns had easy layups and free throws. Final score: 127-120. Rick Adleman made some really bad lineup decisions, putting Dante Cunningham at Center and completely benching Gorgui Dieng in the fourth quarter despite the latter having a really solid game.

Monday Games
    Some really interesting games today, seven of the nine possible playoff teams are in action. The Suns can pass the Mavericks and snatch the last playoff spot by winning against Atlanta today. If the Grizzlies lose to Minnesota the Mavs stay at the 8th seed and Memphis drops out.
    Rockets at Bobcats (Please take them seriously, guys!), Suns at Hawks, Trail Blazers at Heat, Timberwolves at Grizzlies, Nets at Pelicans, Nuggets at Thunder, 76ers ar Spurs (now that's tough...), Bucks at Clippers (ditto)

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for keeping up this thread!