1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013/2014 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 13, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Close call last night. Had family in Madrid doing business and heard about the train derailment. Everyone's ok but damn, prayers to the families of the victims. During a holiday too.

As for the game Sergio Roberto showed me something. That header Lahm made on Mascherano was a disgrace to defending. Good for Lahm. We looked like a Religated squad for most of the match but that was expected with so many players gone.

#101 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think Pep is making a mistake by letting Thiago play the 6. He makes bad passes, which is dangerous at the 6. His biggest strength I have seen so far is making a deadly, flashy pass to the attacker. Thiago should play the 8. Schweinsteiger is the best 6 in the world (when healthy). You don't mess with a good thing. Take Kroos out (once again, today, he showed that he lacks speed, toughness and he disappears in the big games). Thiago 8, Götze 10, of course Robben and Ribery on the wings, Müller as forward (neither Mandzukic nor Pizarro showed me much today). Schweinsteiger 6, if Pep insists to only play with one. I think we would have done much better today with the best double 6 in the world, Schweinsteiger/Martinez.

3. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

This is exactly what I said in this thread just before the Thiago signing. Taking players out of their best positions isn't a smart idea just to accommodate one player. I wouldn't be surprised if this all blew up in Bayern's face.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I want Pep to go back to this:

[​IMG]

Thiago as super-sub can come in for Götze or Martinez, or Martinez goes back into central defense instead of Boateng (or Dante), like this:

[​IMG]

Müller and Götze can rotate up-front, as well as the wing players Robben and Ribery. Anyone can be in the 9 spot at any given time. But Müller is best when it comes to headers.

I don't want Pep to favor Thiago, just because his brother is his agent and because he has known him for a long time. This has the potential to cause trouble.

I prefer the double 6 against stronger opponents. We were too wide open against Dortmund today. Kroos was a no-show as usual when it really matters, and Thiago made bad passes and didn't keep his position very well.

5. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

It seems like it just a matter of time for Bale to join Madrid!

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Maybe next year.

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Premier League TV schedule for NBC Sports group released

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Still on the fading GolTV until 2015.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Local channel shows PL and La Liga... and on occasion they'll do Serie A. I even see Ligue 1 from time to time. No Bundesliga though, unless it's the championship league. Why is that?

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Terrible international marketing by the DFL (German Football League).

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

If I'm not mistaken, your line of work is around football. You should work for the DFL in making the Bundesliga more of a global brand. I bet there's a lot of money in that.

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

Real Madrid has launched a world record bid of £85m for Gareth Bale. Wow.. Surely Tottenham will sell? Whether or not it's worth it is a whole different story.

Staggering...

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It used to be. I would be very good at that, but I am working on bigger things right now.

15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I agree they share most of the blame but there was no problem when La Liga was also on GolTV and both leagues shared that platform. Now GolTV is slowly finding itself phased out (especially with NBC getting into the Football rights game) so the Bundesliga just has to make it through the next two seasons and w/Bayern winning medals as will undoubtedly happen, hopefully Dortmund challenging and winning some medals and other teams keeping the league close, the league will have some ground when it comes to negotiate with ESPN, FOX, NBC or BEIN.

Either way, there are more options for the league(and others) and fees keep rising so I think Bundesliga fans in the US will be happy after 2015.

16. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6KeG_i8CWE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. REEKO_HTOWN

So I heard Man U is now going after Schweinsteiger since Cesc is out of the picture.

I guess Pep could give you your answer ATW. He'll tell them to sell and replace him with Thiago. :cool:

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Schweinsteiger will never leave Bayern, he's the heart of our team. Sun's rumours are embarassing.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

It's Pep's club not Schweinsteiger's.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Pep has no reason to sell Schweinsteiger, he knows Thiago is not yet capable of playing the 6 on a good level. Pep knows he has one of the world's best central midfielders in Schweini, Thiago will play as an 8 and only small minutes at 6.

90% of English rumours are complete rubbish, ManU wouldn't even try to ask Bayern for Schweinsteiger, they know he's untouchable.