1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013/2014 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 13, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hey by all means take credit for Thiago though if he becomes great. Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll nationalize German.

And trust in your Barca bred coach too!

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Huh??

3. REEKO_HTOWN

Is TSV 1860 Rosenheim related to Bayern? I assume not but I guess sam could be said about Messi and Iniesta.

I might just be getting a bit sour at this point. I want football already and wish today's game wasn't a friendly

#83 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Rosenheim is in the region. Basti has been at Bayern since he was 13 or 14. What do you consider "bred" at a club? Playing there from age three on?

Fun fact: Schweinsteiger was also one of Germany's best skiers when he was younger.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

And I'll let it be known that I don't like Rosell and I didn't like the Neymar circus especially if they missed out. Rosell's talent evaluation is **** tbh. Everyone could see how great Ronaldinho was going to be

6. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Bayern-Barca today, we have more than the necessary ingredients for another embarrassment today. Let's recap how Barca comes into this game: Everyone who played in Confederations Cup is still on vacation ( Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro, Alba, Busquets, Pique, Valdes, Dani Alves, Neymar), Puyol still recuperating form injury, no coach, away, and first game of preseason. Bayern on the other hand seems to be in the same form or better than last year ( add Gotze and Thiago), having won all their preseason games with a goal differential of 20 something. I don't know who at Barca scheduled/approved this game but clearly this isn't the best time to have it.

I honestly don't see how we win this game, unless Messi has one of those magical nights ( which we know he is more than capable of doing).

7. REEKO_HTOWN

It's a friendly. Chill out. If anything it's a chance for a family reunion.

8. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Lmao, I know it is but yah I guess I'm so fed up with Rosell and Zubi that I find any excuse to bit** about them.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

As Wu-Tang clan said his nuts are on the dresser.

10. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I guess I'm not gangztaa enough for this lyrics. :(

11. REEKO_HTOWN

12. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I wasn't able to catch it, recap?

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Was a pretty boring game, Barca didn't have many of their best players available and Bayern didn't really try. I think if Bayern had really given it their best against this unprepared Barca B squad, it could have been 5-0 or 6-0 easily. Ribery looks very sharp. Thiago didn't play well at all, some missed passes, didn't show much. I have a suspicion that he tries to be too fancy sometimes. Kroos kind of sucked, as usual. Best players on Bayern were Ribery, Alaba, Lahm. Nobody really stood out on Barca's side. To my surprise, Basti played 30 minutes. Said afterwards that his ankle is better right now, but we'll have to see tomorrow.

The crowd did "La Ola" constantly.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Kroos is so unbelievably lethargic, it's crazy. They have these new cameras and system where they track every player movement, walking distance, ...
    Bet his average speed is like 2mph, it's crazy. Barely tries to pressure opponents, watches the ball and doesn't try to catch opponents that are walking past him.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yeah, Kroos pisses me off all the time. I wouldn't miss him much if he was gone. But he is talented, can play good passes and has a decent shot.

I LOLed at Philipp scoring with a header. I didn't think I would ever see that happen.

I was there with my cousin's husband who was born in Barcelona (a German guy) and is a fanatic Barca fan (with a season ticket).

Feels good to watch football live again.

16. 713

713 Member

lmao this was awesome

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lTrx0uq_eTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

What's up with the crowd always singing that song by the White Stripes. Does it have a special meaning or something or do they just like that song?

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So Bayern and the big strong skilled guys again beats up on the small good guys?

DD

19. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I usually stream the games when I'm at the office but today I was out with some vendors. It seems like I didn't miss much. Yah same question as below, what's up with that song?

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Bayern just plays that song when we score a goal. Since we score a lot of goals, you have been hearing the song often...