1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013/2014 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Liverpool should join in the Messi sweepstakes just to make things interesting.

John Henry can sell the Red Sox and Suarez's teeth to fund it.

2. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Bayern is going all Lannister on that ass

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Blood is in the water huh?

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Can you give us some more insight on where and how you think Thiago will fit in at Bayern? In what position do you see him in Pep's system? Is he better than Kroos?

1 person likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Did my best in the 12/13 thread, breh.

Think Thiago will play as an 8, integral to our offense and build-ups. Doesn't need to score a lot, as his mission is to keep ball possession, control the pace and play key passes. Like Barca wanted it: a young Xavi, brain of the team. Keeps the ball very close to his feet, brilliant feel for the ball and able to go past his defender with his great dribbling moves.
    He's faster and more athletic than Kroos, better ball control and dribbling, while Kroos is better at interceptions and pressing.

This is how I'd see our formation:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I really like this one, except that we would have 12 players on the pitch ;). I have also been trying to fit in Kroos somehow, but I guess you would have to take out Boateng then, and play with 3 men in the back.

But it would be nice to hear more from REEKO about Thiago, I believe REEKO thought very highly of him and saw him as the future Xavi. How will Barca cope with the loss? :(

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    damn, didn't see it's 12 players haha. Maybe have Kroos/Götze as substitute and play without a real 10. Would be like Barca's 4-3-3.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Like this, with two of Thiago, Kroos and Götze as 8's constantly, one of them as subsitute.

[​IMG]

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yep, that's it.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

People keep forgetting Lavezzi is still there as well. Cavani and Lavezzi together again should be decent.(When Cavani isn't being partnered with Zlatan).

Others pondered as well last season. I was scratching my head initially when the loan to West Brom took place, especially since they had no legitimate striker after Torres(Moses and Sturridge didn't count imo) and this was before the purchase of an inferior player (imo) in Ba.
    The thing is Lukaku requested the loan and Chelsea decided to accede. I'm just not sure if they tried to convince him enough that he would get a fair chance to be in the first 11 or on the bench for a majority of matches or they just felt he'd get way more matches at West Brom.

I think with him in the fold now that he'll overtake Torres for first choice before the end of the season.

12. 713

713 Member

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Damn, Heynckes just said he's not in the running for the Barca job. How awesome would that be if he were to meet Pep in next year's CL finals. Then the winner of that game will play against Liverpool in the next year's finals.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Bayern 4:0 and 5:1 against Hamburg and Moenchengladbach. Guardiola not quite satisfied, says his players had too many touches. Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Götze, Dante, Gustavo haven't even played yet...

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Kroos played uninspired and lacked effort, walking slow as ***** all the time and playing hot potato. Like 90% of his passes are no longer than 5m and he never takes any risk, doesn't help our offense at all. Thought he'd maybe reach new heights under Pep's presence, but he's been completely lacking any effort or inspiration in the pre-season games. Good thing we have Thiago&Götze now, no need to play Kroos in important games.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I think Kroos will play quite a bit...Basti will probably still be out for a while. That doctor in Switzerland who operated him and Felix Neureuther was crap...

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Didn't know about that, any information on how long it'll take him to play again?

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't think he will play at the start of the season.

19. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Looks like Gerardo Tata Martino is Barcas new boss! Wanted Bielsa but happy with this decision as well.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Real offering 50mil for Vidal, does Juve need money? Real would spend nearly 100mil on two guys(40+ for that young Spanish guy, forgot his name) playing at the 6, crazy.