1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2013-14] What's wrong with the Brooklyn Nets?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Ok, so Kidd isn't any good as a coach. But isn't that why he brought in Lawrence Frank, his old head coach? It can't just be coaching that is the problem.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Seems to me they've got a good-not-great point guard trying to do too much. Not a good strategy in this era. Nothing worse than a PG who thinks that he is better than he is, especially when he's being enabled and lead to believe he's the leader. I'm not sure what happened to Williams. Maybe he was a system PG. Just hire Sloan to install the offense. It'd give KG some new life.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1gogDH5DPFE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just now seeing this thread. I'm sure everything I say here will have already been noted in this thread, but this is why the Nets aren't as good as some hyped them up to be:

1) They old.
    2) Kidd is learning how to be a coach.
    3A) Deron Williams is apparently a system PG. Take him away from Sloan and he goes from elite PG to good PG, but "good" isn't good enough to lead a contending team.
    3B) Joe Johnson is somehow still overrated by some. He's clutch and he can get buckets, but he does so inefficiently and contributes nothing else.
    4) Got-dayum they old.

::EDIT::

Also, Brook Lopez still can't rebound. I actually thought he would do better this year, but he's still averaging only 7.7 rebounds per 36 minutes. Does anyone have his pace-adjusted rebounding numbers? If so, is he really this bad? Dafuq Brook.

#44 Haymitch, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  5. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

Deron Williams is not a superstar he's a good player but cant night in and night out lead a team. Lopez and Johnson are the same type player...good not elite. Nets made the mistake of going old instead of young and talented for role players...Doesnt look good long term for them...Poor New York

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Only team happy now is the hawks

7. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

I love watching the NY teams crash and burn! its fun to watch cause they talkk soooo much Sheeeettt!

[​IMG]

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Getting a team that only has a 1or 2 year window and hire someone that's never coached in his life

9. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I found it funny when they would go head to head and claim he was the best PG in the NBA over Chris Paul due to their teams head to head matchup.

Oh and he is taller of course..... :rolleyes:

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Kidd looks more like Statham by the day

Maybe he should give up coaching and become an action star instead

12. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Yeah, I mean how many times do they have to try this before they realize it doesn't work.

Malone and Payton joining the Lakers.

Last years Lakers.

Miami's first year before Wade figured out his role.

Talent is great, but even if you have players willing to reduce their roles that's easier said than done. Especially with a rookie coach.

13. James88

James88 Member

The Brooklyn Game ‏@TheBKGame 15 Nov
    New: ESPN’s Thorpe rips Kidd: “He’s the worst coach in the NBA” http://dlvr.it/4KkWxs #Nets

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob 15 Nov
    I said the exact same thing Thorpe said about Kidd to a friend the other day - He’s never coached at any level & went straight from playing

Also, Tom Haberstroh today on Truehoop said that Kidd is the worst coach in the NBA.

I'm not saying that Kidd is the only problem, they're missing AK47 and KG is apparently dead, but Kidd should be coaching a high school junior varsity team.

14. James88

James88 Member

I can't even hate Kidd that much. How do **** do you hire a player who just retired weeks ago? What zombie moron thinks like that?

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Removed

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

18. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Deron got hurt during the Charlotte game looks like a pretty bad sprain.

and KG only got 2 shot during the whole game wtf.

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

What's wrong with the Brooklyn Nets?

They keep losing ;)

20. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

I blame this on Billy King and the brooklyn nets front office. They are the very stupid ones. First u trade ur 6th overall lottery pick (which turned out to be Damian Lillard) for Gerald Wallace, and then overpay him. You mortgage your future and flexibility to sign two old guys. You trade for Joe Johnson and his albatross contract.
    Knowing you are such in a rush to succeed, you then hire a guy with 0 coaching experience and then you expect your team to win?? CRAZY