1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Presidential Election: Romney vs. Obama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Apr 11, 2012.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Really, you are really going to do this? You are going to double down on stupidity?

This isn't a reality, this is fiction.

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

makers vs takers is essentially the 47% comment, and the reason (well not the only one) whats his face was out of touch and lost the election...

i can't fathom how some would assume that more than an entire half of the country expects the government to take care of them and that they all live on the dole expecting their next handout...

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Yeah, how dare those "takers" go and get their legs blown off in Iraq? And how dare they need medical care when they come home. What "takers" our veterans are.

How dare people get old and retire and expect to receive the Social Security and Medicare they've paid into all their lives? What "takers" our elderly are.

How dare poor kids to apply for Pell grants to help them go to college and become productive members of society? Can't they just borrow some money from their parents as Romney suggested? What "takers" our poor are, especially when they seek to better themselves.

How dare those who don't have health insurance, many because they have pre-existing conditions, go to the emergency room when they have an emergency? Sick people are such "takers."

And how dare the reddest southern states "take" and spend more federal dollars than they pay in through taxes while the blue states pay in more than they get back?

Who are those "takers" again?

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol nice try Bats. Way off topic. It's not anybody who derives any benefit at all from the government. It's the mindset.

and by the way -- check to see who the military votes for. your attempt backfired

5. Batman Jones

The 30% of "takers," according to Paul Ryan's quote includes all the people I mentioned. It includes everyone that receives government aid. And the 47% Romney cited as people that will never take responsibility for their lives specifically includes veterans, those in poverty, and every single one of our elderly.

The military gave more money to Obama. And Obama and Biden (and their wives) have put their money where their mouths are, demonstrating that they care what happens to our soliders when they come home in a way that no other administration has.

Did the military vote for Romney over Obama? I don't know. I do know who their commander-in-chief for the next four years is. Did you hear? Good. Choke on it.

1 person likes this.
  6. Batman Jones

p.s. And I repeat...

And how dare the reddest southern states "take" and spend more federal dollars than they pay in through taxes while the blue states pay in more than they get back?

Who are those "takers" again?

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You may want to do a double click on who within those red southern states are doing the taking....my suspicion is that those homeboys are voting for the donkeys

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Im surprised you two didn't settle this at the quadrennial batman barman electoral partyshindig

9. Major

Major Member

You're also the guy who believed Rasmussen polls and didn't understand the basics about Party ID, so I'm not sure what you think really means much when it comes to voting behavior.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

LOL. Yeah biggie. Of states that have a 65-35 Rep-Dem split, it's totally that 35% that are suckin' on the govt teat hard enough to drag the entire state down into the gutter of the tax draining ranks. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeach.

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

More factoids:

John Kerry got a larger percentage of votes and more EVs than Romney.

For the last 6 presidential elections:
    Democrats have won 370, 379, 266*, 251, 365, 332.
    Repubs have won 168, 159, 271*, 286, 173, 206.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The 2004 election was extremely close. :confused:

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so who belong to the takers, the poor and the minorities?

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Those mean ol' blacks

Paul Ryan: I Didn’t Lose Because Of The Issues, I Lost Because Of The ‘Urban’ Vote

In his first interview since losing the election, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) wouldn’t admit that voters rejected his economic vision and instead chalked up President Obama’s victory to a large turnout of the “urban vote.” “I don’t think we lost it on those budget issues, especially on Medicare, we clearly didn’t lose it on those issues,” Ryan to local station WISC-TV. “I think the surprise was some of the turnout, some of the turnout especially in urban areas, which gave President Obama the big margin to win this race.”

15. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see on the map showing how counties voted that Silicon Valley, The Research Triangle, Travis County, Fairfax County, basically all of the areas dominated by hi tech and information technology are blue.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Another map...

[​IMG]

18. mc mark

Shorter Romney today:

The 47% beat me

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I am honestly surprised that bigtexxx hasn't updated his talking points one iota. We might have to relabel him oldtexxx, if he keeps acting as senile as McCain does now. (That's another sad story entirely.)

Takers? Surely, a "taker" (best word since "HATERZ!!1!") would pay zero income tax, right bigromneyyy?

Hmmm...

[​IMG]

Or, if a "taker" is someone who does in fact make enough to pay income tax, then what are they taking... other than your really dumb talking point? Please listen to Jindal, as he is talking to you now.

1 person likes this.
  20. mc mark