1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 22, 2012.

1. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

congrats Kings. Guess the LA media will have to dig up the actual logo now. Lucky they've got time since the Lakers and Clips called it a season over the weekend ;).

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

rough hit. Watching full speed though, it's easy to see why he didn't pull off the hit. Don't think many are questioning that part

As for knee on knee...didn't look purposeful to me at all. They were def giving him **** in the handshake line

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Firstly, I don't think it was an intentional knee. People are just looking for things to complain about since the loss still stings. The refs do tend to call that in some situations, but who cares? The better team won and the refs sucked royally for both teams all series long.

Hanzal and Doan both shook Brown's hand but certainly traded what I would call candid remarks.

Brown's a player the Kings love because he always plays right on that fine line between heavy handed and not-punishable. He's a great player, and he knows exactly what he's doing, you can always read it in his facial expressions. That skill set of his has been appreciated long before these playoffs and has now created a little rivalry with Vancouver, St. Louis, and Phoenix. Good luck to those pansy eastern teams. :p

#243 napalm06, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  4. napalm06

Holy cow, have you ever seen a poll this close before?

[​IMG]

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Really hope the Devils close it out in 6 now.

6. Apps

Apps Member

Come on Rangers, pull it out in 7... those guys would be so dinged up for the SCF if that were to happen...

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>torts is gonna say so many swear words tonight :( RIP torts</p>&mdash; ryan lambert (@twolinepass) <a href="https://twitter.com/twolinepass/status/206215430174547968" data-datetime="2012-05-26T02:49:24+00:00">May 26, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Damnit, it was suppose to be LA vs New York.

9. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

It's Beverly Hills (LA Kings) vs. The Jersey Shore (NJ Devils) in the Finals. :grin:

10. napalm06

Haha, the Devils have no business being in the finals. Or so I thought in the first round...

11. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

I like the Kings in 6. While I see these teams as a pretty similar match, I think Doughty being the only blue liner in this series with the ability to control a game on both ends, and Kopitar and Richards as being the two best players on the ice, give the Kings the edge and the series in 6.

12. napalm06

I wish I could post a poll for this, but the results would be immensely biased.

Which finals do you guys prefer:

NBA finals #1 vs #1

NHL finals #6 vs #8

The NHL playoffs were madness and parity on display this season. And none of the games were determined by Dwayne Wade / Manu Ginobili / free throws... if you know what I mean. :p

13. Apps

Apps Member

The results would not only be biased on a basketball forum, but unfortunately on any American sports fan forum to boot. Hockey just isn't that popular among the general American population.

14. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

The Stanley Cup is more fun and I like upsets. The NBA playoffs is too predictable. I would like to see a 76ers-Nuggets finals than a Heat-Spurs finals.

15. Apps

Apps Member

16. napalm06

NJ fans have to be punching themselves right now.

17. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

I feel bad for Kevin Smith.....
    [​IMG]
    .....and NBC because the next two games are on cable. The network is hoping for the Devils to win one game in L.A.

18. Apps

Apps Member

No words.

19. Apps

Apps Member

:eek::eek::eek:

What did I just see? A dominant Game 3 from the most dominant team in the playoffs. I can't believe that's MY Los Angeles Kings out there. I can't believe it.

20. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

bump worthy?

Tonight's the night. Anyone in LA noticing?