1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Apps

Apps Member

Just realized that you might have literally meant trash talking team. If that's the case, I'm sorry, I've had a few and the stress is getting to me as a fan.

2. sew

sew Member

that goal was amazing

3. Apps

Apps Member

Both goalies have really been sucking up the joint this game.

4. Apps

Apps Member

Sweet victory. Kings outplayed Phoenix through and through this time around. If it wasn't for that zany first goal and that egregious error on the second I think this game would've been a lot more comfortable for me than it ended up being.

5. sew

sew Member

47 shots on goal.

Kings are unbeatable if they keep that up.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well played game by LA. The Kings looked exactly like they have throughout the playoffs. The Coyotes are going to have to fight to stay alive in this series, but they showed good flashes. I loved the physicality of the game.

7. napalm06

It gives me a headache how hard the Kings are being bandwagoned on the NHL.com comments. :p Not that it's the fault of anyone here.

8. Apps

Apps Member

Lord almighty, the only good thing about the Kings' PP is that it offers a two-minute time frame in which you know the opposing team won't score--but that's it. You also know that the Kings aren't going to be scoring either. :rolleyes:

9. napalm06

What the #(&# is happening with the reffing. They got both the Doan and Brown calls epically wrong for both teams.

I was willing to gracefully accept defeat until this #&@%!#& catastrophic avalanche of powerplays. If Doan faces any missed time I might not watch another minute of the playoffs.

10. Apps

Apps Member

The Doan call was not "wrong", the rule against that hit actually exists. The reason Doan got tossed is because Lewis came up with blood. Doan certainly did not have intent so he will not be suspended, and Lewis put himself in a really bad position which directly resulted in that hit being what it was, so the refs didn't really screw anything up there. If anything you should be pissed at Lewis for [maybe] having the intent to trap Doan into a bad hit there.

11. Apps

Apps Member

That Hanzal hit, on the other hand, might have some extracurricular punishment.

12. Apps

Apps Member

Hattie for Jeff and a statement game for the Kings! Yotes' discipline has come completely unraveled. They have gone the dirty route.

13. napalm06

I'm expecting Hanzal and maybe Smith to get some extra punishment.

I was ready to punch someone as well, the rug was pulled out from under the game right about when Doan was tossed. Whatever slim fighting chance we had was gone.

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Still expecting PHX to compete. Home ice hasn't really meant much in the playoffs thus far, I expect the Coyotes to come out with a sense or urgency in game 3.

15. napalm06

If Lewis comes up with blood it's a 5 minute major, not an ejection. Ejections are for intent. I have nothing against Lewis, he definitely paid the price. :p

16. Apps

Apps Member

I thought that the boarding in of itself was a major, and then the blood was the tosser. Hm.

17. Apps

Apps Member

It was a major and a misconduct, which might be why they threw him out. You'd be right (IMO) if they threw him out with a match penalty, because I don't think Doan had any intent to do what he did. Lewis just positioned himself awkwardly.

18. napalm06

I can see your point. Boarding can be a 5 min major without blood, and can also be a 2 min minor. I guess the refs decided it was 5 mins even without the blood and that was the tipping point.

Argh. Thanks for being cool after the win. I'm not in the greatest mood to say the least.

PS I could be wrong but I believe in hockey a match penalty means the player has to miss future game(s) as well. I could be wrong, you don't see them too often. Game misconduct = ejection for the remainder of the current game.

19. Apps

Apps Member

The Yotes are playing muuuuch better hockey in this Game 3. I am merely hoping for a split here at home.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They're begging for New York vs Los Angeles, aren't they?