1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NBA FINALS - Heat vs. Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 713, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Predictions?

1. Heat in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Heat in 5

14 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Heat in 6

48 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Heat in 7

31 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. OKC in 4

15 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. OKC in 5

32 vote(s)
    8.4%
  7. OKC in 6

170 vote(s)
    44.9%
  8. OKC in 7

65 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. VBG

VBG Member

Meh, if they keep Garnett and get good supporting pieces they could easily be in the same place.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Garnett is going to be done soon. It might not have been a problem in this lockout shortened season, but his knees are an ailing problem.

3. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

beat the heat! :eek:

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

have not been this excited about a nba finals since the rockets were in it.

thunder all the F ing way ;)

5. Mr. Space City

since the first 2 games are in okc and the thunder are unstoppable a home, the heat have to win at least 1 in okc. if they don't, okc in 5

if they do, heat in 6.

the x factor in the series is westbrook.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I disagree, the X factor in this series is Ibaka.
    Let's see how LeBron/Wade fare against the shot blocking machine.
    If Ibaka can stop them and stay out of foul trouble, OKC wins.

7. lalala902102001

The Thunder should win if they play to their ability. They are just too good.

However, it will not be easy. Miami is a much better team with a healthy Bosh. And after so many times falling just short, Lebron is hungry for a championship.

If Lebron does beat the Thunder he would cement his legacy as an all time great.

In many ways this series will be all about James vs. Durant. It's a battle of the two players in the league for the next five years.

8. 713

713 Member

Totally agree. OKC frontline will decide this series. There not gonna be bullied around in the paint like Miami's recent opponents.

9. PeppermintCandy

Miami has the better superstar in James. They also rely on him much more than OKC does Durant.

OKC is going to win because they just have the superior team. They have the players to defend both Bosh and Wade. They have the bigs to clog the paint, the perimeter guys to attack on the offense. The better outside shooting.

The only real advantage Miami has is James, and that won't be enough.

10. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Miami's defense is something else. Then again Thunder has like the best offense period. Going to be interesting.

11. Mr. Space City

but bosh being a jumpshooting pf will get ibaka to come out of the paint.

12. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

what do you guys think the matchups will be? so, im guessing its

wade on westbrook
    lebron on durant
    so, battier on harden? lol, harden won't have much difficulty getting passed an old battier.

13. NMS is the Best

This will be an epic NBA Finals. OKC in 7...

14. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

I got heat in 6

15. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I think that the Celtics' defense is being under-rated here. The Celtics are/were a hell of a team. Miami will be able to score on Oklahoma city and Wade should have a better series if he's feeling better; that's a big if, though. The thunder will get nothing from the interior as is usually the case (Ibaka was scoring mostly on jumpers against SanAntonio), and they'll need to score on isolation plays since they don't have a great distributor besides Harden, which I think Miami will scheme to take away. No one can check Durant, but I think that they can scheme well enough to slow Westbrook and Harden. On the other hand, I don't think that Oklahoma will be able to stop James either. If Bosh and Wade show up, the Heat will dominate this, and I think they will take it in 6, but if it goes to 7 games then it's difficult to see Oklahoma city losing at home, which they haven't done in the playoffs so far this year. It's going to be fun. Heat in 6 for me.

16. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Seeing I've been wrong in predicting the winner in every series so far, I'm going to say Heat in 7.

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

It's so messed up how useless Wade has been. Lebron is carrying this team more than he was in Cleveland. It's NOT going to happen, but I think they should trade Wade for some badass COMPLIMENTARY players to Bron Bron.

18. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

This is the first time that both teams in a championship game/series in the nba/mlb/nhl/nfl don't have their names end in "S".

1 person likes this.
  19. SacTown

SacTown Member

I don't know. It's a tossup, but I voted for OKC in 7. I think maybe the young guys have more steam in the tank at the end. I think Lebron guards Durant, Wade/Chalmers guards Westbrook, and Battier guards Harden.

I guess Bosh is the x-factor. If he plays like he did against boston in games 6 and 7 then OKC will be in trouble, IMO. Bosh was a monster on the boards and defensively he bothered KG and also hit a few 3 pointers. Regardless of who wins, I think as NBA fans we all win. This is a GREAT match up. Who in the world wanted Celtics vs. Spurs? Yuck!

20. SacTown

SacTown Member

The Celtics game plan was to take Wade out of the game and deal with Lebron. If you noticed, Wade was double teamed every time he touched the ball. He may get some freedom in the OKC series and light it up.