1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Draft Combine Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by dobro1229, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO No agents are talking to Ingram..... he really dislikes Morey and there is an axe to grind. If someone else that is actually credible reported it, then I would be more concerned.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

So Barnes is not as athletic as those numbers indicate?

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-in-reply-to="211128505243664384"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/htown747">htown747</a> I'm looking for one agent or one league exec to tell me their approach makes sense . . .I'll let you know when I find one.</p>&mdash; Bill Ingram (@TheRocketGuy) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRocketGuy/status/211129617304657920" data-datetime="2012-06-08T16:16:38+00:00">June 8, 2012</a></blockquote>

If you can read between the lines, what he really means is he can't get one GM or one agent to return his calls or even talk to him.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

In other words: I'm Bill Ingram and I'm totally useless as a reporter. Nothing I ever say matters or is reliable. Please, only pay attention to me when I'm trying to ride Woj (yahoo) or some other actually reputable journalist who has covered the situation already far better than I could ever have.

1 person likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Does it really matter? If he is really that athletic, he doesn't incorporate it into his game.

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Very, very true. And going to cost him a lot of money in his NBA career. Barnes has the athleticism to drive to the rim and finish. But he won't do it. Too timid, won't commit. He should be getting 10 free throws a game with his athleticism and length.

7. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

He doesn't have the handles to do it. It is either too timid or completely unwilling to overpower smaller defenders.

If he has a 40 something inch vertical, NBA SF size, beastly agility trails numbers, he shouldn't really struggle against Ohio Bobcats' 6'3" defenders.

8. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Quincy Miller

Tested with a 30.5 No step vertical, and a 36 inch max vertical! Looks like hes pretty close to being 100% recovered from his injury. To put this into perspective hes got the same max reach as Fab Melo and Harrison Barnes

9. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Quincy Miller.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider
    Been on a plane all day. #NBACOMBINE athletic testing numbers released to teams today. Harrison Barnes had awesome #'s across the board.

Barnes had 39.5 inch max vert, had the fastest time in the 3/4 court sprint, showed good lateral quickness & benched 185lbs 15 times

Darius Johnson Odom had highest max vert at 41.5". Miles Plumlee 40.5. Marquis Teague, Jeff Taylor & Marcus Denmon 40"

UNC's John Henson had surprisingly poor numbers. Just a 30" max vert. He's long, but not very explosive.

Yes, Barnes tested better than MKG in every category. MKG was solid, but only dominated just 1 category: 3/4 court sprint.

Andre Drummond showed off great lateral quickness, but max vert was only 33. Miles Plumlee beat him in every category.

Bradley Beal put up very good numbers too. 39 inch max vert. Quick, fast and strong. Very good results.

Of the top players in the draft: Damian Lillard, Perry Jones, Moe Harkless, Arnett Moultrie, Jeff Taylor all tested very well ...

Jared Sullinger was bad in virtually every category. Not unexpected, but still …

More on athletic testing coming Wed in Draft Blog + Mock 7.0

1 person likes this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Can i pick 'em or what?;)

1 person likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

@Barnes: How the hell do you havwe a38 no step vert and only 39.5 max vert? Mind boggling.

13. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

It means that he's probably attained his vertical jump through gym work and lifting as opposed to just being naturally gifted.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How did you come to that conclusion?

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Does anyone know what Thomas Robinson athletic measurements where? I know he helped himself a lot with his height 6'9 in shoes with a 7'3 wingspan and 244 lb weight. I assume he is going to test out very well athletically from watching all his games but then again I didn't think Henson from UNC would only have a 30in vert.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Thomas-Robinson-5496/

35.5 Max Vert, 3/4 court sprint 3.17(one of the best times this year, impressive for a big), lane agility 11.96, bench press 15 reps, body fat 5.0. Really good numbers.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

This by far and away is the best thread on CF in weeks. Thank you all. It was a pleasure reading every post.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

That big guy is fast! Sorta figured as much from the NCAA tournament games. He made most other bigs look like they were playing in slow motion. He showed me something in the Kentucky game. Up against all those first round picks he managed to bull doze and claw out a really good game. The kid has courage and heart.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

-Link-

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So, Beal dominated in nearly every category, then dominated every category?

Unfortunately, there's no way to know who benefited from being familiar with the agility drill. You easily be a second or two faster if you bothered to practice the drill's pattern right before the combine.