1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012/2013 Rio Grande Valley Vipers Thread

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by SK34, Jan 8, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Come on, Beverly :rolleyes:. You have to recalibrate every time you relocate.

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

So Beverly is a poor man's Jeremy Lin?

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Beverly is more of a poor mans John Wall to me... I like his game though

4. Arthurprescott2

He can shoot better than John Wall, right?? Please?

5. tjones'mama

tjones'mama Member

I like what I see from Beverly, he is doing all the little things and creating for others. His shot form looks pretty fundamental just needs to get used to our 3. And Tim Olbrecht looks good, but I guess when your playing against Herengody you are going to need to look pretty good :D

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Another loss because the Vipers forgot to get up for this one.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Vipers got dominated by Harangody (27 points, 16 rebounds). Lost by 19. TJones committed a stupid flagrant foul while blocking out a FT (was a bit of flopping by the other guy, but still...). The team looks like they just met each other yesterday, which is probably the case for some of these guys-- lots of recent moves (adding Beverley, Goudelock, Terrell Harris) so the roster hasn't been together for much time at all.

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

From what I saw of this one RGV game (about half of it):

We should have serious concerns about TJ's motor and skill set. He just didn't look interested. The TJ from summer league would've dominated these scrubs.

Hassan Whiteside was only in for a minute-- gangly youngster has some looong arms. I wonder why he played so briefly...

1 person likes this.
  9. CertifiedTroll

I thought Beverley looked pretty descent on stream, but his box score shooting of 13 shots with 8 points is kind of a red flag. Jones, despite looking like he was lethargic and pouting about playing for RGV, had 12 pts and 11 rebounds. And like eman said, Hassan Whiteside got no PT. I guess one game in D League doesn't really mean that much, but I wish our rookies would take better advantage of their time there.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I saw TJ play the Austin Toros the other night and had the same concern regarding his motor. He seemed easily winded and somewhat disengaged at times.

Didn't see the game today but I thought Vernon Macklin and Tim Ohlbrecht played well last Friday. Both were intense and focused. Whiteside only got a few minutes but he has put on a good 30+ pounds of muscle (listed @260) since his draft days (@225).

11. alethios

alethios Member

We were saying this last year about Mook Morris, but he finally decided to check in and turned out to be pretty good. Let's hope TJ doesn't wait that long to figure it out.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Unfortunately NO!

13. jocar

jocar Member

Crap! No wonder why my free throws always go over the backboard.
    Thx bro!