1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012/13 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Stig, Aug 2, 2012.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I want that to happen cause Kaka deserves a starting role, at least to prove that he is worthy once more before he really starts declining.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bilbao president seems like the biggest b**** ever, contract says 40mil, Bayern wants to pay 40 but this douche still doesn't want to accept the deal, although Martinez agreed with Bayern and can't go back because fans hate him now.

It's okay to show your pride, but he's turning into a laughing stock now.

3. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I think I saw in the thread about US/Mexico friendly the comment one poster made about how Tim Howard spends all of his time berating his defenders. I honestly couldn't agree more. I'm watching the Everton/Man U match and each time he is forced to make a save, he immediately pops up and gets in the face of the defender nearest to him, as if a shot should never enter the six yard box. I'm sure his teammates get really tired of that really quickly.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's called leadership. I take you are a CR7 fan?

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You rang? :eek:

6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I get that, but I think there's a difference between leadership and being a complete d***.

I've also only been following European football for a couple of years, so I will admit with a bit of shame that I don't even know what or who CR7 is.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

So is RVP hurt yet?

8. adboy

adboy Member

feillani playing great so far and united looking vulnerable so far...let's go everton!!!!!!!

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Shaqiri with a superb game, so much creativity added to the team with him. Really hope he will start in a few weeks.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Uninspired start for United. They've got problems on the back line.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

Kaka's fat ass should solve that!

12. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

They're missing Rio + Phil Jones and will sign Buttner later this week. They were forced to play 6 midfielders today - the bigger issue is lack of creativity and consistency in the midfield. Cleverly and Carrick are rubbish, Valencia and Nani are hit or miss, Scholes is a dinosaur, and Young/Anderson are more of the same (pace). Kagawa was a good signing but there needs to be more technical passing ability to go with all the pace Ferguson has. You can't expect to outrun opponents every game - they eventually cooled down after the great start last season.

The MU midfielders don't come close to what Man City, Chelsea, or Arsenal have. Even Newcastle and Tottenham have classier attacking options. Their advantage is the strike force of Rooney, VP and Welbeck and savvy players like Vidic and Evra at the back. So they definitely need to look at Kaka or any world class attacking midfielder they can get before the end of the month.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

Super Classico tomorrow!

Was supposed to be there but things didn't work out:(

My brother is going to the game though, asked him for a "Bufanda".

14. moveti

moveti New Member

I would also like to know what's going on in this man's head?! I can by now hardly believe that the deal is still not settled - I even began to wonder if that's some kind of weird PR strategy. We'll see...

15. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

El clasico today, forca barca.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

No Pepe para Los Merengues

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Barca look back this year I predict an easy win tonight and La Liga for them. However, RM goes all in for the UCL and win it and Mourinho further solidifies himself as the best manager ever.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

Great game. Barca dominated and Iniesta looked like te best player on the planet. Valdes made himself look stupid

19. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I thought it was impressive the way that Barça applied what they learned from the Chinese divers in the Olympics during today's game.

Egregious.

That said penalty was deserved.

20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

^^^ Haters everywhere.