1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2011 Rockets Draft Prospects Workout Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, May 24, 2011.

1. rjr

rjr Member

Rox meet with Morris twins & Honeycutt

The Rockets had workouts with Tyler Honeycutt, Marcus, and Markeiff Morris amoung others(Tristan Thompson, Nikola Vucevic,and Nolan Smith).
    Is ther some one here you like?
    Personaly I like Honeycutt , or eathe of the twins.

2. alethios

alethios Member

I hope Morey is interested in Jimmy Butler. He's motivated to play here (being from Tomball might have something to do with that). He's very quick off the ball and has a good outside shot (as evidenced by his combine shooting drills results). He'd make a nice pickup with #38. The last time we had someone that was hometown, dying to play with Houston, we didn't grab him and he went on to prove us wrong for not picking him (Rashard Lewis).

For me, the toughest choice to make at #38 is between Keith Benson and Jimmy Butler.

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

4. Egghead

Egghead Member

TheHoopsReport

The Rockets workout today included Tobias Harris, Malcolm Thomas, Tyler Honeycutt, Jerai Grant, Chris Wright (G-town) and Demonte Harper.

5. jogo

jogo Member

Can we sticky this thread? It's hard to track who the Rockets have been working out and I appreciate other fans reporting what they've read on the subject.

6. Egghead

Egghead Member

7. Nook

Nook Member

Tobias Harris has a lot of upside (will never be a franchise player), and I would think they would consider him strongly at 14, possibly Honeycutt as well, because he can defend and is well rounded.

Still... I think that the Rockets go foreign big man with at least one of their 1st rounders, if not both...they spent a majority of their scouting efforts over seas this year, and believe the foreign market is good, and the american one is weak.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I get the distinct feeling that the Rockets will be working out just about everydamnbody.

9. Houston09

Houston09 Member

to me jimmy butler should be the 14th pick of the rockets. he has more talent then anyone the rockets have worked out so far. his ability to attack the basket and to defend is great.

10. Convictedstupid

Exactly. It would be much easier creating a thread stating who we aren't working out.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Interesting. Out of all the players that have been through a workout with the Rockets, Honeycutt is the only one that has been through twice already. I have a question. Are GM's allowed to go and watch workouts in other cities around this time?

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not a Houston workout, but it has Jimmy Butler(white shoes, white socks), Isaiah Thomas and a few other guys that i believe have already worked out for Houston.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T44I7EeqgoE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Heres a Vucevic workout. Check out that shot.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hcgpIuD_JyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Already worked out with Houston.

14. valorita

valorita Member

looks like a jason smith type of player. can he rebound well? if so, worth the 23pick

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Wow! He never misses!! :eek:

16. SternSuckS

SternSuckS Member

That's how the management under Morey is going to work. It's a good idea. If the rockets ever have a chance to trade for any of these guys in the future, they'll have done a lot of the background work on these guys. This is really the only time an organization will have a chance to interview players before taking them on. It's a smart move by a smart GM.

1 person likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mentioned in the OP but @christomasson: Tobias Harris will work out Thurs with Sacramento. Says will also visit Charlotte, Cleveland, Indiana and Houston

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Heres another draftee who has worked out with the Rockets.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RgKIp11yzHc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He hasn't worked out with the Rockets of course, but here is a rare video(being like the only one i have seen) of Derrick Williams.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/39DSr0hCnjo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Looks like he has the handles to be a 3...