1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2011 Houston Dynamo regular season thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Mar 15, 2011.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rHkrm3T_UgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Aris has announced on their website that Koke has left and had a press conference about it. No official word from Houston yet.

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Some of the goals in that video are pretty damn good. I still don't know if he's DP worthy but we will see.

4. DrLudicrous

Look at the bright side, he can't be any worse than Landin was.

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

LOL true that.

I think Koke would about #5 on Dom's list (starting from Dos Santos) iirc. That is only counting the players we've heard linked to us.

6. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

An update on Colin Clark

http://www.glenndavissoccer.com/soc...to-dynamo-messi-sets-record-and-dynamo-notes/

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Unfortunately, he hasn't scored double digit goals in an entire season since 2007-08 when he scored 12 (his career high).

I'll try to reserve judgment until he actually plays. But I think this is, at best, reaching...especially with the DP.

8. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

via @dynamotheory

UPDATE: El Desmarque Malaga reporting Koke deal completed today. Signed with Dynamo thru 2013, deal worth €1m/year http://sbn.to/gmfw4S #mls

9. DrLudicrous

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

No word yet on whether he will be a DP.

11. DrLudicrous

According to the team he isn't considered a DP, which is kind of strange, but whatever.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Looks like Benny Feilhaber is coming to the MLS and will be assigned by the MLS allocation rankings as per league rules on returning US national-team players.

Houston is 4th in allocation rankings, they might have a small chance of getting him

13. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

The Rockets have a better chance winning the lottery, its highly unlikely that Chivas would pass up on quality talent like Feilhaber as it is and then two more teams would have to do the same. There is the possibility of trading for him but I'm not sure if Chivas is willing unless they think a better US national is coming in the summer.

14. DrLudicrous

According to twitter Ives says Chivas plans on taking him, but Goff has a source that says they may pass or trade the spot. I'd be ecstatic if Houston somehow ended up with him.

Get r done Morey.

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Confirmed, Koke won't be our DP. $1.7 million for Koke AND then going out and signing Watson? God I love our owners right now.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/houston-beat-deadline-koke-watson-deals

Great news. I imagine Dom is working the phones right now.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ They're clicking well right now in the Clausura and I don't think Vergara would allow such thing. He's known to not shake things up unless the team has mediocre spurts.

I don't know if he's worth 1+ $Million. Chivas will pass on him, though. They beat good teams in the FMF right now... so I don't think that's a good deal for them. :eek: That's just what I think.

17. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

18. TexasMan

TexasMan Member

Where's a gopod place to go watch a Dynamo game? (besides Richmond Arms)

19. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

What a goal!

20. TexasMan

TexasMan Member

Great win tonight!

Dominated from start to finish. Had a Goal not counted for us, then a hand-ball goal that did count, so it all evens out.