1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2011 Houston Dynamo regular season thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Mar 15, 2011.

1. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Umm, World Series victories in 2004 and 2007; Super Bowl victories in 2002, 2004, and 2005; NBA Championship in 2008; and don't forget to throw in a couple Super Bowl and NBA Finals appearances in the last few years, Boston no longer has any curses of any kind.

2. msn

msn Member

curses are for dweebs and Chicagoans.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great first win for the Dynamo. 3-1 against Vancouver for those who didn't watch.

I caught most of it on television in Austin and am pleased with how looked on set pieces. Tally Hall has really filled in admirably for Pat and he can't be blamed completely for the one goal the Whitecaps got in.

Wish I could've been in town to go tonight. The stands looked pretty light, so I hope this one can just be chalked up to an unappealing match-up against Vancouver in terms of attendance.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ As a goalie myself, I disagree with the assessment on the blame of the goal. It was right on his shoulder. A bit of a challenge to come off his line and defend closer would have made the angle for Camilo tougher to score. No goals should be scored on a goalkeeper's shoulder like that one. It wasn't even a laser, either. :eek:

The crowd was light in part due to México's "Super Clásico."

I am glad for the FIRST win, though. Well earned. Bruin showed up to the party... I think he might be even better than Ching right now.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

My post was mainly tongue-in-cheek. I think curses are BS....I was just making the point that all Houston sports have kind of entered into this era of mediocrity at the same time.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'll let it slide for now, Tally Hall has been the best goalie in the league so far this season

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Bruin with his first goal of the season! The era has begun. :cool:

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Potential DP player turns down Dyanmo

http://blogs.chron.com/soccer/

10. tharges

tharges Member

Dos Santos???????

11. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Apparently he refused the transfer: http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2011/04/09/2434092/houston-dynamo-fail-to-complete-signing-of-edgar-pacheco

12. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

It's great to get a win.

Watson played in the reserve game for us this morning. I'll take that as a sign that the negotiations are going well.

Edit: The negotiations are going well and he may be able to play on Sunday if his Visa issues are taken care of.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/soc/7516829.html

#52 DrLudicrous, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  13. leroy

Great...except it's another role player.

14. DrLudicrous

If he's a better role player than the role players we currently have it's a step in the right direction. Also, we're extremely thin at central midfield. Outside of Cameron and Palmer, who are both out of position, our only option with any experience there is Davis.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

16. DrLudicrous

Sergio Koke to the Dynamo?

Google Translation:

17. leroy

Seems like a nice player...but is he worth the DP? He's never even sniffed the national team. He's a decent player on a decent team in a league no better than the MLS. He's also a forward that's scored a whopping 4 goals in 32 total games this season.

I feel like I'm becoming that poster that s***s on everything they do...but they've done, outside of the stadium issue, little to get me excited. Bear in mind that I live in Austin and get my news, etc, from afar. Maybe that's part of the problem. They're doing nothing to grow the fan base outside of greater Houston.

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ :cool: looks like he has potential. NO MORE Mexican washed up players just so we can get more Mexican fans in the stands, please. :eek: It's a bad reason.

19. leroy

I'm not saying sign someone just for the sake of the fan base...But this guy doesn't look to me like he has long term potential. He's 27 and probably at the peak of his game...which ain't that great.

I don't really care what nationality they sign...just get a player or 2 that will really help this team from the get go. Not ones we have to hope might help sometime down the road. The latest article in the Chron is about the team being excited to get a player they traded for last season AFTER he tore his ACL for the second time in consecutive seasons on the same knee. Seriously? This is exciting?

20. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

http://houston.sbnation.com/2011/4/...ns-houston-to-sign-spanish-forward-koke-as-dp

In Dom we trust.