1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Trackwell, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I can't stop thinking about what is going to happen with all of the star free agent's that are available in the next two years. I wanted to start a thread that updated all of the information that came out about the star's and where they might be headed over the next two years. I was hoping to get some insight on all the teams that are joining this race, and how much money they will have avialable to spend. I am buy no means a salary cap expert, so I hope to learn a bit in this thread about the teams that will make a push for Lebron and D Wade and the teams that might try to get both.

Here are some of the topics I hope get covered:

We all know about the rumor that Jalen Rose started on ESPN when he said that Bosh and Lebron would team up in NY. How much cap room would it take to sign both of those players? If this did happen, would they have any money to sign some key role playrs?

I know this rumor is BS, but I thought it was intresting when I read it. I don't know if it is even possible, but I read somewhere that Chicago is trying to clear more cap room so that in 2010 they can grab both DWade and Amare and add them to Rose and Deng. Imagine how fun that team would be!

How much room right now would the Rockets have in this race? I know this will change if we sign Artest to a long term deal, and if we re- sign TMac. I hope that we let him go, and we go after D Wade or Bosh.

Sorry for rambling....I think this is a great topic of intrest, and I hope I can get alot of feed back on it. Have a great day!

2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

if i'm not mistaken, max contract you can sign for a new team is about 14-15m.

And with stars like them at the same team, you can expect a few veterans will be willing to sign a very small contract, ala malone and payton. Do not be surprise if you see nash sign a very small contract for NY next season.

Anyway, if you can sign 2 players, who would be your choice? Do you go with the trusted big man small man, the twin towers or 2 guards/wings.

I do think a duo of lebron and wade can dominate the entire league for years to come. As both can create shots for team mates and them self at will. While still being able to play good defense.

3. Christopher

Christopher Member

Would they be able to gel on the court though? I think both players like to run the ship and while they would without doubt be a very good team, would you get the very best out of both players if on some level they were competing with each other for the ball?