1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 Offseason [Trades, Free Agents]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Apr 14, 2010.

?

Al Jefferson?

1. Would

94 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Wouldn't

87 vote(s)
    48.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. realmustang

realmustang Member

You'd have to take out Hill and add Ariza to make this trade.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Shaq's going to retire after this season, regardless of the outcome of the playoffs for the Cavs.

I would think that Dallas would re-sign Haywood if the Mavs go deep into the playoffs this postseason. He's better than Erica, and he proves to be a valuable asset against taller bigs in the west.

The other two might be good to look at. Miller would be a nice pick up in Adelman's offense.

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If we trade anyone on this team I would hope we are thinking about getting rid of Ariza. There are too many people infatuated with the guy. He's being paid way too much money for what he really does on this team. When we picked up Martin, I hoped it meant that it was time for ariza to go. I would not mind picking up Bosh but I honestly think we should look at getting possibly a third superstar as well. I don't know if it is possible but I would love to excercise the option again of trying to get chris paul on this team as well. I think a team like the Hornets is still trying to unload contracts due to financial problems. It is a pipe dream but having a trio of bosh, paul and yao on the same team would just be awesome.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Which players fit that defensive model Morey was talking about when he said a defensive minded big?

5. amaru

amaru Member

I'm assuming the "diva" comment was yet another shot at the ghost of Tracy McGrady.

Yao may indeed come back strong....but I have some unsettling news for you.

There is a point, no matter how hard you work, where you just can do the things you used to do. Your body WON'T ALLOW YOU.

There is a chance that give his age and extensive injury history that Yao may have made that point.

He can work as hard as he wants to (and he will).....but it is really out of his hands. Its in mother natures hands........don't forget it.

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

I wouldn't mind that, bosh is an upgrade over Ariza, and we'd still have a young core and be competitive for this season. now the questions are...
    Would Toronto agree? would Bosh agree to go to Houston? would Bosh even resign with toronto for an S&T instead of jsut signing with new york or miami or chicago or new jersey or anywhere else?

7. worzel gummidge

trade:
    Thabeet
    Biedrins
    Gortat
    Przybilla/Freeland*

min contract:
    Etan Thomas
    Oberto
    Fesenko

unrestricted free agent:
    Mahinmi

* Blazers have three main rotation players coming back from surgery.

If Przybilla rehabs into next season and Blazers decide they need a healthy body in his place... Freeland offered contract this season by Blazers but were turned down. Freeland plays for Great Britain. RGV Vipers's head coach is also head coach of G.B.

Jeffries + other asset for Freeland + Przybilla (deadweight contract/injured)

8. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

How bout an Ariza-Marc Gasol swap? They want Thabeet to be the future of their franchise.

9. worzel gummidge

One guy was sent to the D-League, the other is hitting nearly 60% of his shots.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kyle Lowry says he wants to start/be a starter and money not a big issue. Wants to prove he can be the guy and play big minutes. Said he won't mind coming back to Rockets but wants to start. Obviously, limited by what he can do since he is a RFA and Morey said he will bring him [and Scola] back with money not an issue or rather being limited in what they can offer.

Paraphrasing there but ehh just about covers it.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Money not big issue?

But Money is big issue!

If Lowry wanna star, he must get unreasonably large money.

Or else Morey matches.

And Lowry no START!

HA! Beauty!

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, he's(Lowry) limited. He'll be back as a backup imo

13. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

give me jermaine oneal and yao playings atleast 25mins a game ill go to war with that team against anybody next year, thats two legit 5s that sow up our layup line issue on defense, we keep our defensive wings in battier and ariza...we dont lose our youth in brooks, chase, and hill. the new squad gets a year of training camp together. if we do this were essentially adding jermaine oneal, yao, c bud, ariza and hill and subtracting artest from a team that took the best laker squad we've seen the past 3 years to a game 7, plus the lakers dont have their starting 3 from that team as well

man im gonna sick of hearing all this bosh slurpage...some of you say amare is lazy, doesnt play d, bla bla bla, ok and what about the raptors, how is their defense, do they play any? amare is twice the offensive player bosh is. amare has a better jump shot, and if he gets the ball in the paint forget about it, youll get some nasty dunk highlights that will put fans in the seats...

i do not think bosh sucks he is just not a huge upgrade over luis and gets paid twice as much. thats great he played well in the olympics, who was he on the floor with? kobe , lebron, wade and kidd...

14. fattz

fattz Member

Really? He seems to be floated around in trade talks a lot to be a franchise player. Marc Gasol looks more like a franchise player than he. IMO

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Brad Miller wouldnt be a bad pickup.

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Ariza, Hill and a #1 might get it done but Morey should do whatever it takes to make it happen. It won't be easy, by any means, but well worth the effort.

17. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Marc Gasol will be a very very good center and I hope the Grizzlies don't sure about it.

I would die for a Ariza-Gasol swap but it's impossible. If Grizz lose Gay this summer they would be intrested in Ariza. Then Ariza+1st round pick or Hill can be enough to get Marc Gasol.

18. worzel gummidge

Hey RoxTurk,

Do you know what the story is with Lonny Baxter at Besiktas? Did he leave the team or is he injured?

19. MORBID VIKING

MORBID VIKING Member

wow half of thes posts are completely unrealistic.

I think signing marcus camby is exactly the person we need. low post defense, rebounding and veteran presence. MLE type money. he resides in Houston. The only thing keeping this from falling through is a blockbuster deal that makes another forward irrelevant or someone offers him money he cant refuse.

Other than Marcus Camby, I dont think we are going to change the roster that much. I can hope Chris Bosh comes our way but I think he is out of our reach. Morey has his work cut out for him

Brooks-staying so deal with it... nba loves making rules for the guards and his quickness is top 5 in the league. who are you going to get thats better? fat chance. they are locked up too

Martin-staying...too much money for too long unless its in a blockbuster sign and trade....not to mention he is the complement sg for Yao

Ariza-staying...his contract is long term and like Martin, wont be traded unless its for blockbuster sign and trade.

Louis Scola-staying...They chose him over Landry. He is a winner and Morey said they will match any offer he is given. Long shot to be a part of a sign and trade.

Jordan Hill-staying...cheap and plenty of upside. Most likely forward to be traded.

Kyle Lowry-going...I love his game but so does every other team. He will be a starter for someone next year and most likely part of a sign and trade or unmatched offer.

Jermaine Taylor-staying...not enough minutes to showcase talent. He will ride the bench or be trade filler

Chase Budinger-going...special talent at a bargain price. any sign and trade will have him in it unfortunately.

Shane Battier-staying...as long as Yao is her, Battier will be here unless other teams are willing to give up alot for him. We know his worth. Next offseason he will be a free agent with Yao. They will either stay together or go toghether.

Jared Jeffries-gone...He will definately have to be part of a sign and
    expiring contract that is of significant money.

Chuck Hayes-staying...He will forever ride the Rockets bench

David Anderson-staying...Unless he gets healthy or is part of a sign and trade he will be on our bench until he is bought out to go back to euroleague

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

For Marc Gasol? Is he even worth that much??? I know he's a beast... but that'd be giving up way too much for a back up IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.