1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 Offseason [Trades, Free Agents]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Apr 14, 2010.

?

Al Jefferson?

1. Would

94 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Wouldn't

87 vote(s)
    48.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Off season

we trade battier +scola + pick
    for bosh or Amare

Then sign either miller or fernandez or camby (if he doesn't get an extension)

so roster

Brooks/lowry
    Martin/(miller or fernandez)
    ariza/budinger
    bosh/hill
    Yao/jeffries(camby)

with either one. We are going to the WCF next year at least

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Mike Miller is a left-over fantasy from about five years ago when he was a good idea for the Rox. Let's leave it already.

I hope they prioritize an interior presence, especially a defensive one, who doesn't have habitual foul trouble. Yao will not be a full-time player next year, and we'll have people occasionally coming in off the dribble from our wings.

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I do like your first Idea!! :grin:

From all the big men in this draft, Greg Monroe would be the Ideal big guy for this team...

--RB

4. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

You can't act like bosh didn't score those buckets on more shots. This team doesnt need more scoring if its going to improve from the power forward spot, it needs a defensive anchor which Chris Bosh isn't. Its funny that your bring up garnett and gasol because both came from damn good defensive teams and they were the ones who obviously anchored them because their defense went to **** after both were traded. Bosh comes from the worst defensive team in the league. I'm not saying by any means that scola is better than or equal to bosh, they are on complete different tiers. But I'm asking does bosh improve the one thing that this team needs (defense). The answer is a resounding no. Defensively, bosh isnt an upgrade over scola. I dont think there's any argument against that. And with the new CBA coming with lower salary caps, why are you going to pay max money for a guy who's not worth max money? There are probably 4 players in this league who deserve the max (Lebron, Kobe, Wade and maybe Durant). Bosh isnt one of them. If he played good defense, he would be. I got to go to work. Peace.

5. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I was looking for the video on the interview that patty smith had with brooks and scola but i didnt find one she asked them both on what can we hope for next season, brooks had a few words and commented on having all the guys back next season and he gave a "look" to scola and kept talking, dont remember the rest, but what if scola dosent resing with us for the fear of going to a crappy team at this stage in his career he might want to play for a contending team. I he does resing to stay with the rockets how do you guys think we are gona be able to make a sign and trade aquisition for bosh or amare or a decent free agent possible.

6. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

BTW the interview after the game agaisnt the Hornets on appreciation night

7. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

My off season prediction

First, why would we need Mike Miller when we have Chase? Think people.

We need
    1) Healthy Yao
    2) Shot blocking back up center

It would be great
    1) Acquire an elite player

This is what I predict that will happen. We trade the #14th pick, the Knicks picks, a future first rounder, Jordan Hill, Jarred Jeffries, David Anderson and Jermaine Taylor to the Toronto Raptors for a sign and trade involving Chris Bosh and fillers.

We then look to add a veteran center...Camby, not sure who else is out there.

Our line up looks something like this opening day for the 2010-2011 season

PG: Brooks/Lowry/second round draft pick
    SG: Martin/Buddinger
    SF: Ariza/Battier/Wafer
    PF: Bosh/Scola/Hays
    C: Yao/Camby/Hays

Yes indeed...Von Wafer is back.

8. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

its quite simople

go after a Bosh type big and get a backup to Yao in the draft but one that can be the future for Yao with this highly possibly his last season

9. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

yea mayb next yr he'll FINALLY get it.. but then again its highly likely he wont

10. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

chris bosh has done his work in a watered down eastern conference and failed to make the playoffs the last 2 years, he has never been out of the first round, they were even a number 3 seed one year and got bounced in the first round...

i think we have already gone through this mess once before with that mcgrady guy...

those that bring up garnett and gasol get real, bosh is no where near kevin garnett nor will he ever be, garnett lead his team for so many years in every offensive and defensive statistic and he had a couple of playoffs run with the wolves, i remember a wcf against the lakers one year, point being he was in the west doing his work not that garbage in the east.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Very few posters here would remark that Bosh isn't an upgrade over Scola.

We have players and picks that might actually improve the Raptors if we decided to acquire him.

But will we pay Scola 8 mil a year as a backup? Besides, wouldn't he be part of any deal? And how do you broach the "hi, we love you, Luis....we love you so much we want to trade you so that we have Bosh instead of you" conversation? I'm still not seeing that, but Morey, he's a clever dude.

If anything, we need to upgrade our defense, which reeks, and in that process, decide who's gonna go. Brooks and Kevin Martin are no-D and just-this-side-of-being chuckers. We must have some D in the lane (Yao at 25 mpg isn't the complete solution) and on the perimeter (Ariza and Lowry, yes; Brooks and Martin, complete matadors on D).

12. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

my beef with Amare is hes the PF version of McGrady all the talent in the world but is lazy and dont have the drive and motor to be great nite in and nite out.. and doesnt want to play NO defense

perfect example is why the hell does Amare average like 8 or 9 rebounds? thats pathetic and a disgrace and conclusive that hes lazy

theres a reason hes been on the trading block the last couple of seasons.. and NOW after the deadline hes playin possessed :rolleyes: hes simply playin for a contract its quite sad and a waste of talent to be a sometimes player

13. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Personally, I've never been a fan of Amare and I've always thought his offensive numbers were inflated due to having the 2 time MVP Nash dishing him the ball. I would like someone to make a well reasoned argument why he would be a good fit for THIS team which doesn't have someone like Nash passing him the rock. I'm also still bitter about the whole rookie MVP thing with him and Yao ;)

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No, Amare... heck no... We need to wait awhile, evaluate our growth over the summer, how well Yao does, and then move on from their. It all hinges on next year's predicted performance...

Yao will return. How do I know this? Because Yao Ming is a warrior. He's not some diva who isn't going to rehab. Yao is Yao, and we all know what he stands for. He's a strong man, mentally and physically.

We currently have all the talent and role players we need to win a championship on offense. Our defense and height is of concern. Yao will help fix the problem, but it won't put us over the top. We need big bodies.

Jordan Hill is the future of this team at PG I think... so I'm not worried there. I think we still... after two years... need another CENTER!

David Andersen is an epic fail at bringing in a foreign player. We need to get him out of here and find a backup C for Yao, or make Yao a backup and find a C capable of being a dominant force in the paint.

on a side note... I just realized what Morey did at trade that made it even more brilliant... he got rid of bid wars in the process.

before the trade:

RESTRICTED
    Carl Landry (T)
    Kyle Lowry
    Pops Mensah-Bonsu
    Luis Scola

UNRESTRICTED
    Brian Cook
    Chuck Hayes (T)
    Tracy McGrady
    Yao Ming (ETO)

he ditched almost ALL of the players who would create potential bidding wars and insecurity for the team's future.

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Bosh or Amare for:

Battier/Scola or Jeffries/Draft Pick... This is the only way we stay competitive and I would prefer sending both to Toronto, instead of Phoenix.

Don't get me wrong, I love Scola, however, we need someone at the 4 spot who is killer from 15 ft and that is Bosh.

Finally, we're not a defensive team anymore, as a result, we might as well put 5 scorers on the floor and become Golden State who beat Dallas in the 1st round.

Yao/Bosh/Ariza/Martin/AB .... 20 plus and potential for more by all 5...

Bench
    Jeffries or Scola/Chuck/Anderson/Hill/Lowry/Budinger/Taylor (deserves more playing time for hustling and playing D on Kobe alone)...

I'll take this team in the 4th or 5th seed next year. I like our chances.

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Did u c the olympics? Bosh was better than Dwight (superman) Howard. Without him on the post the Olympic team goes home with bronze. My apologies to Scola, but Bosh is an upgrade due to his consistent jumper and better defensive skills. Rebounding is a push...

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

BackNthDay... do you really think we're going to get Bosh or Amare for that trash that you proposed? I don't know if you're being serious with it or not.

18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I don't think Colangelo is that crazy but it is worth a shot... I think he demands Scola. I don't see Camby leaving Portland. I also wouldn't trade our future draft picks, when we will need a starting Center must sooner than later

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Colangelo loves foreign players (Turkolugo, Baranni (sp ck), etc...)... I think he would go for Scola, Battier or Jeffries, and a 1st round pick. Scola's numbers are off the chart in the western conference, which has better talent. Remember Toronto is faced with having zero if Bosh walks. Battier would also provide then with some defensive presence.

I think it's better than trading away our future draft picks and younger talent.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I don't think Battier/Scola is enough for Bosh. You'd have to give up a little more than that IMO. Scola's only getting older and Battier's the same way. If anything they want our young talent. Budinger, our first, and Scola would probably do it for Bosh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.