1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Playoffs: Lakers(1) vs. Suns(3)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by YourSecretLover, May 11, 2010.

?

Who wins this series?

Poll closed May 16, 2010.
  1. Lakers in 4

7 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. Lakers in 5

21 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Lakers in 6

50 vote(s)
    29.1%
  4. Lakers in 7

19 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. Suns in 4

5 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Suns in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Suns in 6

35 vote(s)
    20.3%
  8. Suns in 7

35 vote(s)
    20.3%
  1. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

You need 2 balls to have Nash and LeBron coexist,

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Really?

You could say the same for Nash and Stoudemire, but they coexisted pretty well.

I think Nash would welcome a change, not only in scenery, but also in playstyle; if Nash had LeBron on his team, Nash wouldn't need to be the playmaker all the time.

3. goodbug

You remember how did LeBron win his first playoff series?
    Jones hit the game winning shot. If anything, Kobe hit way more game winners than LeBron, and he didn't take 5 steps to do it.

4. goodbug

If you turn Nash into that role, he may be a better shooter than Mo, but even worse defensely.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Close the curtains the Phoenix show is over. Bye Amare . Goodnight Steve Nash your time is up.

Kobe is GREAT player. Amazing mid range game. Tapping Gentry was very funny even the coach had to laugh.

Lakers are tough.

6. ubigred

Nash will never make it to the Finals as a starting point guard . NEVER .

NEVER!!

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

There is a difference between LeBron/Nash and Amare/Nash.

LeBron needs the ball in his hands. I'm not saying it can't work but it is definitely not the same situation as a PF/PG.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Last year, Rafer Alston made it to the finals as a starting point guard...

9. zilches

zilches Member

Sad, maybe tragic, that a super nice guy and great, great offensive player like Nash isn't likely to play for the championship.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That wouldnt work. Stoudemire is a big man and doesnt handle the ball. He gets the ball in position to score after receiving it from Nash. He doesnt try to initiate his offense WITH the ball in his hands dribbling, THEN look to facilitate the ball for others.

If Lebron had Nash on the team and gave up most his ballhandling and all his passing, he could be as lethal a finisher as Amare. It seems guys that handle the ball that much dont like relinquishing those duties. Only in All Star games and US teams do they do that.

They would both need to make sacrifices. Steve Nash is a better offensive coach than Mike Brown, so maybe he could be player/coach.

11. ubigred

Your point?

12. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

No one said LeBron has hit more game winners than Kobe -- it goes beyond just winning at the buzzer. LeBron's Cavs didn't need to wait until the last second to win the game. The Cavs may have had the largest win margin in the league this season. In the post-season, his teammates just tend to disappear. This is why you don't rely on aging and undersized players. You need an all-star sidekick in his prime. Someone like Chris Bosh.

I'm sure LeBron's teammates have had a miracle or two of their own, but no where near as many as Kobe's. Off of the top of my head: Last year, Derek Fisher hit a few miracle 3-pointers to bring the Lakers back against the Magic (though they were going to win the series anyway). In the first round, Gasol saves Kobe with a game-winning putback. And just a few days ago, Artest saves Kobe from potentially going down 2-3, heading back to PHX. Can you imagine what critics would say of Kobe had the Lakers lost this series (which was a possibility)? They'd point back to that shot.

Like I've already said, if LeBron shoots 42% in a series (Kobe in the first round), then the Cavs have 0% chance of winning and he'd take all the heat. Even if it was 30/9/9 on 42%. Kobe's team is talented enough to make it to the playoffs without him in the WC. They'd probably make second round.

The fact is that the Lakers are much more talented, and Kobe's been rescued many, many times. It's nothing to hold against him because every winner needs to have a strong cast, players that will step up when the star is having an off night. That's exactly my point.
    ---
    Also, LeBron's traveling is becoming extremely overrated. Please compile a video showing all of LeBron's 5-step crimes for us.

13. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

lol at kobe's interview with Craig Sager "I'm gonna kill him" (referring to sasha)

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The point is, it's pretty dumb to predict ANYONE would never go to the finals.

Winning is a team thing, not an individual thing. Do you seriously believe that Fisher is a better starting PG than Nash?

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I wouldn't call those miracles.... he hit open clutch 3 pointers... I don't know that can be classified as a miracle. Even that one he hit on Nelson... it was pretty much an open look because Nelson gave him room.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Jordon wasn't that great
    look how many Miracle threes Craig Hodges and Steve Kerr hit
    to win games for him

LeBron is much better than Jordon!!!
    :rolleyes: :p :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Rocket River

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Isn't it Jordan?

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I am damn impressed with Kobe. Now I have respect for the guy. he just wants to take your heart away, amazing.

And just think how badly he was playing at the end of the season. he couldn't shoot jumpers and was just flat. And after he had his knee drained he has been the best i have seen him in a while.

Plus, the guy is on fire. I don't remember a series where he was as hot from the outside as he has been during these playoffs. He is shooting 40%!

It will be interesting to see what the Celtics will do to him. You know he is gonna have a tougher job but when he is making all those step backs, pull ups jumpers, there is nothing you can do.

Props to this guy. Forget LeBron, he is the best player in the game. And he knows when to turn it on.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kobe is putting up 30 pts consistantly
    and
    It is not all DUNKS and FREE THROWS!
    [hell he seems to rarely dunk it]

You have to respect that

Rocket River

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

LeBron's traveling overrated? One of his greatest playoff moments was a five step game winner.