1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Playoffs: Lakers (1) Vs. Jazz (5)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BEAT LA, May 1, 2010.

?

Who will win?

1. Lakers in 4

13 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Lakers in 5

49 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. Lakers in 6

44 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Lakers in 7

16 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. Utah in 6

9 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Utah in 7

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

game.

good for the jazz. :)

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Jazz just don't play good enough defense to beat the Lakers. Simple as that.

3. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Suck it j*zz, go flop back to your hotels and cry because you will never be good.

4. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Bryant is still the best at closing the games. Intelligent and able to make shots no matter what defense is on him.

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly.

You see how much better OKC was defensively when watching this game.

D-Will tried to do a reach around on Bryant's last drive.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This game was effectively decided when the Jazz decided down the stretch that their highest-percentage play was letting Boozer go 1-on-1 against guys far longer than he is. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I hate to whine, but I think OKC would have given a better performance today and might have won. If so, I would have favored them to beat the Jazz because of the matchups.

The Lakers to the Jazz are similar to what the Spurs have been to the Suns. One side beats the other because they can play defense when they need to.

8. Egghead

Egghead Member

Sloan should have kept Ronnie Price in the game.

9. sw847

sw847 Member

Great finish by kobe and odom.

Hate to say this, but they might as well hand the WC trophy to the lakers now. IMO the mavs were the only team the had a chance of beating the lakers in a 7 game series. I just don't see how the suns or the spurs can beat them.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The Spurs play pretty good defense... I think that gives them a better chance than the Mavs had.

11. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Did anyone else think the Lakers were never really threatened in this game? Even when the Jazz took the lead late in the 4th, I had 0 confidence they would grind it out. It just looked like the Lakers let them come back and then decided to actually start playing again.

Against OKC, it actually looked like the Lakers were in trouble b/c the Lakers couldn't stop them. Against the Jazz, it looks like the Lakers can stop them on any and every play down the court.

But alas, **** the Jazz and hope they get swept! :grin:

12. npz

npz Member

The last time they won there in a game that Kobe played in was 10 months before 9/11.

They're 2 and 20+ there since then, including 7 playoff gms.

13. npz

npz Member

Blair is the most glaring matchup problem for the Lakers. Pau is actually a suitable man-to-man matchup for Duncan so that they don't have to double him unless Pau's resting or in foul trouble. Bynum's too big for Dice.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

This.

Deron Williams was the correct person to come into the game, but not for Price.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

I could see OKC beating any other WC team except the Lakers. It sucks that they got matched up against them.

16. YourSecretLover

I didnt think it mattered if Sloan replaced Price with Dwill. People forget that Phil was resting his best 2 players in Kobe and Pau. When they came in after the run with the Jazz, they regained control.

17. Mr. Space City

18. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I never sleep on the Spurs in the postseason.

19. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

I was thinking more McDyess on Gasol and Duncan on Bynum. Let gasol get his but shut down bynum and give duncan the easier defensive assignment so hes not as drained in the games.

20. sw847

sw847 Member

True. Its just seems to me that the mavs have the offensive weapons to keep up with the lakers.

The spurs are great. IMO, the lakers are too big for the spurs. Offcourse parker gonna have a field day with fisher on him. Dice/Blair are not big enough to face bynam. Gasol does a decent job at guarding duncan 1v1, while artest although slow, but should be able to keep jefferson in check. I feel odom is the person that the spurs gonna hvae the biggest problems with. He is match up nightmere and the spurs really don't have anyone to properly match up with him.

Add in the injuries and age of the spurs, plus the spurs gonna have a hard fought series with the suns, I just don't see them being able to keep up.