1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Playoffs: 1. Lakers vs 8. Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WhoMikeJames, Apr 13, 2010.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

BARF! My goodness, OKC really put on an exhibition of how to NOT close out a game towards the end there. Everything from the poor back-to-back wasted possessions that resulted in low percentage jumpers to Westbrook missing that easy 10-footer to not blocking out Pau.

Oh well, props to the Thunder for testing the Lakers. You don't always see that happen in 1 vs. 8's.

2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I think the back-to-back three pointers that artest made (especially the 2nd with the shot clock ending) are the plays that changed the game too.

3. jlwee

jlwee Member

No teams in the Wast can matchup with Lakers Bigs. In fact the entire league cannot matchups with Bynum/Gasol/Odom frontline except probably Cavs(Shaq/Big Z/Varejao) or Magic(Dwight).

Utah's Bigs(Boozer 6'9, Millsap 6'8 and the 2 stiffs Fesenko/Kousfo) minus Okur have no chance against Lakers' Bigs. Deron Williams? Two quick flops by Fisher will send Williams to the bench.

4. clippy

clippy Member

90% of the Lebron hate is from insecure Kobe fans who can't handle the fact that their guy isn't in the same ballpark as Lebron, and the gap is only widening every year. When Kobe sits out games, the Lakers get better; when Lebron sits out, the Cavs can't win sheeit. Kobe fans have to be the dumbest collective group of individuals on the planet.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OKC is the youngest in the NBA. If you account for actual minutes played, they are the youngest team by a wide margin. The Lakers were 12/24 from long range. OKC was terrible from beyond the arc. The Thunder were outshot 47% to 36%. Yet they were one boxout from forcing a game 7. Ibaka has only played 3 years of organized basketball and this was his first in America. I hope he never forgets not blocking Pau out and uses it for motivation.

OKC had a terrific season and series against the team that was their worst possible matchup.

1 person likes this.
  6. houseofglass21

Thunder need to get rid of Collison. He lost the game for them by not rotating back to Gasol on the boards. And I saw him make a bunch of other blunders throughout the series.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ibaka is who should have blocked Pau out, but if you know his background, he is extremely inexperienced for an NBA player, even by rookie standards. Not surprised he made that mistake. For such a raw player, he has exciting potential. During the season, the way he grew from certain D-Leaguer to effective rotation player blew me away.

Unless they get someone better, the Thunder should keep Collison. He adds toughness and nastiness (some say cheap shots) to that team. I have no problem with him as a 3rd-string PF/C. Krstic is who must go. The Thunder need a legit starting C who can defend and be a force on the boards. There's a reason he's on the bench to close games. OKC needs a starting C good enough to be on the floor when the game is on the line and keep Collison on the bench.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You know, last night's game reminded me of that UofH loss to NC State final. Another high potential but inexperienced African big man did not block out at the last second missed shot...

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

agreed...but also the Fakers practically holding Durant at the end of the game helped too...