1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Playoffs: 1. Lakers vs 8. Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WhoMikeJames, Apr 13, 2010.

1. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

He claims to be 34 years old. By the way he posts, I would have thought he was 14 years old.

2. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I feel that Westbrook missing all those shots at the end... what was it, three? That was a killer, as well.

But nicely summed up as always A_3PO.

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Durant is not a superstar yet.... He lacks the defense and play making ability.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he gets better from close distance,he will get ahead of Melo as a scorer. I like Durant's defense,which you have correctly pointed out.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ibaka, aside from Westbrook, had the most heart on this team, and showed up every night.

All that pressure + He is a rookie = he'll be forgiven.

6. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

maybe just bulk up slightly like kg did but i don't see him getting thick helping his game.

7. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I think he was referring to Odom.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

I know Durant is 21 but after this series I don't see how anyone can make the claim he will be better than LeBron in 3 years.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

For me, it was not blocking out Pau at the end, and the first of Westbrook's shots; the three pointer from the top of the key.

There were better shot selections than that. Drive it in, for goodness sakes. You JUST got a three point play; might as well get another one.

Was he heat checkin' himself??

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He does not lack defense, at all.

Play making ability? Did he not get Westbrook a wide open shot from 5 feet to ice the game?

It's pretty hard to make plays when you have a PG that is as great as Westbrook.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i don't think he'll have melo's strength to be as good of a finisher around the basket. plus, like you pointed out, he's not as athletic or agile as someone like tmac (who's he is similar in size) to maneuver around the basket too. he gets to the line pretty easily so it can be negated a lot of the times anyways.

and i think durant shouldn't bulk up. i think he just needs to improve on his smarts. he needs to know when to shoot, when to pass... and he has the size to post up, which he should do more, and should that fallaway.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

He DOES lack defense, but his length makes up for it. If he learns "defense" which goes along with his length, then he will be top 2 in MVP contention next to LeBron.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

those guys are lebron haters and durant nut huggers. there is ZERO chance durant will surpass lebron in 3 years, barring a lebron injury.

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Towards the end of the game the LA Lakers got away with many obvious fouls,none worst that almost the last play, Lamar Odom pushing Durant so he could not move toward the ball.Y :p

16. Mr. Space City

funny thing is the lebron haters who say they dislike lebron because he was crowned king before he did anything yet people put durant as top 5 without proving anything.

17. gambingo

gambingo Member

first playoff appearance for the young Thunder and they took the defending champ to 6games and almost extending the series to 7.....very impressive imo.....they have a very bright future i must say....

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

19. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Yes, his 1 on 1 defense is horrendous. His playmaking is not even close to being good. He makes poor decisions with the basketball, chucking up very bad shots.

20. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

LeBron in 07 finals had stats like 22/35%.

LeBron has better court vision, no doubt about that. Otherwise they just played at the same level on that age.