1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals: Cavs (#1) Vs. Celtics (#4)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, Apr 27, 2010.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Cavs in 4

4 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. Cavs in 5

16 vote(s)
    7.8%
  3. Cavs in 6

65 vote(s)
    31.9%
  4. Cavs in 7

36 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. Celtics in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Celtics in 5

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  7. Celtics in 6

54 vote(s)
    26.5%
  8. Celtics in 7

28 vote(s)
    13.7%
  1. jose

jose Member

Cavs in 5 but not more than 6, will go similar to how the Chicago series went.

The main concern for the Cavs should be Rondo, Mo Williams can't really defend him, and for the Celtics it's obviously Lebron and then Varejao always gives them trouble(he averages 13.3 ppg, 9 rpg, 1.7 apg vs them).

Jamison will also get his, I like him a lot, seems like a guy who always shows up and plays consistently(averaging 19.4 ppg, 7.4rpg, 1.6 apg so far in the playoffs).

2. VBG

VBG Member

The Celtics are way better than the Bulls

3. jose

jose Member

"Will go similar to how the Chicago series went" has nothing to do with which team is better, yes the Boston team is better(although the Bulls did take them last year to 7 games), but it has more to do with matchups than how good the team is.

The cavs are capable of winning on their home floor now where as a couple years ago(the year Boston won the championship) they took the Celtics to 7 games but only won games at home, as did Boston but they had home court advantage for that 7th game.

So I see it like this:

Cavs win game 1
    Cavs win game 2

Cavs split 1-1 at Boston

Cavs win game 5. Cavs advance to the eastern conference finals.

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Phew. The Cleveland media seems convinced LBJ is fine.

The homer in me will pick the Cavs in 5, just because that's how I want it to go down.

There's still inconsistencies with everyone outside LBJ, but due to depth there's bound to be someone to step up too. Still a little troubling.

Most worrisome is Shaq though. People complain about calls he gets, but if you're watching objectively you'll notice he picks up fouls very quickly now. It's the same stuff that happens with Yao. He's had 5 fouls in 26 min, 5 in 17 min, and 4 in 15 min.

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

And the Hawks were way better than the Pistons last year.

6. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I wanna go with the Cavs, but something tells me that Boston might pull it off in a game 7 showdown.

7. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Cavs in 6. KG is not getting it done anymore.

8. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Tom Thibodeau

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Barkley said it best last night:

No one on the Celts can guard Lebron.

Therefore, Cavs will win the series. No idea how many games it will take though.

10. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Charles barkley said Cavs in 5. Kenny picked celtics to win this series (he did not mention number of games)

Barkley said nobody can defend antawn jamsion.

I rather pick kenny.. Charles is mostly wrong. He said mavs will kill spurs = wrong. He said OKC won't beat lakers in game 3: wrong. He expected phoenix to crush portland = wrong. Kenny is better at predicting (at least so far)

I have a feeling celts will beat cavs in game 7. Lebron is going to do what he always do. I don't really trust cavs secndary players as much. Celtics have a lot of weapons, you can expect to perform good.

Ray allen, pierce and garnett all played good against heat. They looked sharper than they were in regular season. If they really have turned on the switch then there is no way cavs are winning in 5.

11. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Last year, orlando did not had anybody who could guard lebron. Lebron put up some big numbers in that series. Still, cavs did not win. It won't be about lebron. It will be about his supporting cast. Will they choke or shine?

BTW, I think boston as a team can defend lebron. Also, Pierce can sacrifice his offense to play tough D on lebron.

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

They don't have to beat Lebron, they just have to keep everyone else down and LBJ will wear himself out. I don't remember the last time they matched, but Perkins plays physical and could neutralize Shaq. Jamison of course is a legit threat, and probably is the series deciding factor.

13. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Celtics in 6.

1 person likes this.
  14. SunsRocketsfan

huh what are you talking about? Shaq is still a very good and decent center. He's a big body that attracts attention. Shaq will give a minimum of 10pts 10 rebs consistently. Also they just traded for Jaminson and got big Z back. Jaminson hasnt won yet but he puts some amazing numbers up. 20, 10 player every night. They have Mo Williams who is a good PG and need I say anything about Lebron?
    I say Lebron would be insane to leave the Cavs. He cant go anywhere that can offer him the MAX and have the kind of talent he's surrounded by. I say the Cavs are a top 2 team along with the Lakers.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Cavs in 7.

The Celtics are alot tougher than what people give them credit for, I think the Celtics will give the Cavs tougher series than Orlando and the possible WC team. Boston is playing really well, and are playing inspired.

Though, the Cavs are going to jump out to a 2-0 or 3-1 lead, but I think the Celtics are going to steal one in Cleveland at some point and force a game 7 down the line.

I do not think Shaq was a bad addition, you'll how much they need him against the Magic and Lakers. He's played his best games of the season against those two teams.

16. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Shaq is going to help cavs a lot against orlando (howard). However, celts can use rasheed wallace and force shaq to play outside the paint at the defensive end.

17. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

I want this to be a dragged out physically draining series for both teams , so that Magic possibly can take advantage of it in the ECF and go the finals again . :)

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

celtics could easily win this series.

19. gambingo

gambingo Member

20. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Tom Thibadeou